Would ANY Bush Basher care to refute these statements???

What about this statement?

But I also know that Saddam poses no imminent and direct threat to the United States, or to his neighbors, that the Iraqi economy is in shambles, that the Iraqi military a fraction of its former strength, and that in concert with the international community he can be contained until, in the way of all petty dictators, he falls away into the dustbin of history.

Barack Obama October 2 2002
Not that it would have made a difference but you didn't link that Obama quote. I can see why...he was still community organizing on 10/2/02.

The quote is attributed

Prove it wrong
You PROVE it right asshole.

You seem upset. I guess you got slapped in the kisser by a fact. Does it still sting after all this time?

My all time favorite...

They will treat us as liberators

Ask 6000 dead Americans how they were treated

Nope. Nothing I said has anything to do with 1998. That's something that your brain instructed you to type. Do you have a reason for it? If so....can you articulate it? I'll wait.

You're too fucking retarded to even talk to. You are a borderline idiot.

Of course. I see I've upset you. My apologies. How can I make it up to you? I know! I'll give you another chance to enlighten me as to why you think the year 1998 is in any way related to anything I said.

Please.......teach me.

Quotes from dimwitted democrat before IRAQ...Infuckingcredible the LIARS that support this goddamn party on this message board.

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line." --President Bill Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program." --President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face." --Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983." --Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs." Letter to President Clinton, signed by: -- Democratic Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others, Oct. 9, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process." -Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies." -- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies." Letter to President Bush, Signed by: -- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and others, Dec 5, 2001

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them." -- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country." -- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power." -- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction." -- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..." -- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002 The KKK Kleagle

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security." -- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction." -- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do" -- Rep. Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons." -- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction." -- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..." -- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003

Great thread. Lots of Democratic POLITICIANS caved into a feverish call for military action on the part of a very loud and very frightened electorate. Those chicken shit POLITICIANS listened to what Americans....who had been frightened by FOX NEWS and the BUSH ADMIN told them was needed.

I cheered when George stood on that pile of debris and promised justice. I was with that asshole 100%. He fucked up. Period.

WHERE did Bush Fuck up????
What about these assholes that encouraged the deaths of our troops! What kind of idiot are you to call them the good guys and Bush fucked UP?
Explain to me how come the MSM every every day put up all these casualties and idiots like THESE helped the terrorists prolong the conflict by tell them hey... our guys are the bad guys! You guys are the good guys!
These words from these DEMOCRATS encouraged as this Harvard Study proved that when words of emboldment are put out there was a increase in violence!
The Harvard Study asked: THE EMBOLDENMENT EFFECT
"Are insurgents in Iraq emboldened by voices in the news media expressing dissent or calling for troop withdrawals from Iraq?

The resounding answer WAS YES!!! according to Radha Iyengar, a Robert Wood Johnson Scholar in health policy research at Harvard and Jonathan Monten of the Belfer Center at the university's Kennedy School of Government.
Using data on attacks and variation in access to international news across Iraqi provinces, we identify an “emboldenment” effect by comparing the rate of insurgent attacks in areas with higher and lower access to information about U.S news after public statements critical of the war.
In Iraqi provinces that were broadly comparable in social and economic terms, attacks increased between 7 percent and 10 percent following what the researchers call "high-mention weeks," like the two just before the November 2006 election.
And these statements which idiots like YOU most likely agreed with did everything in the world to encourage recruit and reward the terrorists to continue.

Senator Kerry (D) "American soldiers going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children."

Remember Kerry EARLIER SAID...
"Without a question, we need to disarm Saddam. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an
oppressive regime .... to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction
.... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real ...."Kerry , Jan. 23. 2003

U.S. Rep. John Murtha(D)"Our troops killed innocent civilians in cold blood,”

Durbin (D) "must have been done by Nazis, Soviets"--action of Americans in the treatment of their prisoners.

then Senator Obama said "troops are air-raiding villages and killing civilians,"

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid(D) "The war is lost, the surge is not accomplishing anything "

These comments inflamed the terrorists AND demoralized our troops at the same time!

Bush was the dude in charge. What he chose to do was a huge mistake. I don't care if every Democrat in congress begged him to invade Iraq. He did it. It was a mistake. He fucked up. Period.
Oh okay all of a sudden the president is in charge. So why don't you think Obama should be? I know, because he is an idiot.

Quotes from dimwitted democrat before IRAQ...Infuckingcredible the LIARS that support this goddamn party on this message board.

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line." --President Bill Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program." --President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face." --Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983." --Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs." Letter to President Clinton, signed by: -- Democratic Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others, Oct. 9, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process." -Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies." -- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies." Letter to President Bush, Signed by: -- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and others, Dec 5, 2001

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them." -- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country." -- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power." -- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction." -- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..." -- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002 The KKK Kleagle

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security." -- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction." -- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do" -- Rep. Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons." -- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction." -- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..." -- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003
I notice none of your quotes advocate invasion

Had to leave that one up to Bush

Saddam Hussein thought he could screw around with Bush like HE DID to Clinton...who was all MOUTH and no action.

He couldn't...and now these fucking liberals are lying their asses off when there is documented proof. But that's the usual course of action for dimwitted dimocrats.

Great thread. Lots of Democratic POLITICIANS caved into a feverish call for military action on the part of a very loud and very frightened electorate. Those chicken shit POLITICIANS listened to what Americans....who had been frightened by FOX NEWS and the BUSH ADMIN told them was needed.

I cheered when George stood on that pile of debris and promised justice. I was with that asshole 100%. He fucked up. Period.

WHERE did Bush Fuck up????
What about these assholes that encouraged the deaths of our troops! What kind of idiot are you to call them the good guys and Bush fucked UP?
Explain to me how come the MSM every every day put up all these casualties and idiots like THESE helped the terrorists prolong the conflict by tell them hey... our guys are the bad guys! You guys are the good guys!
These words from these DEMOCRATS encouraged as this Harvard Study proved that when words of emboldment are put out there was a increase in violence!
The Harvard Study asked: THE EMBOLDENMENT EFFECT
"Are insurgents in Iraq emboldened by voices in the news media expressing dissent or calling for troop withdrawals from Iraq?

The resounding answer WAS YES!!! according to Radha Iyengar, a Robert Wood Johnson Scholar in health policy research at Harvard and Jonathan Monten of the Belfer Center at the university's Kennedy School of Government.
Using data on attacks and variation in access to international news across Iraqi provinces, we identify an “emboldenment” effect by comparing the rate of insurgent attacks in areas with higher and lower access to information about U.S news after public statements critical of the war.
In Iraqi provinces that were broadly comparable in social and economic terms, attacks increased between 7 percent and 10 percent following what the researchers call "high-mention weeks," like the two just before the November 2006 election.
And these statements which idiots like YOU most likely agreed with did everything in the world to encourage recruit and reward the terrorists to continue.

Senator Kerry (D) "American soldiers going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children."

Remember Kerry EARLIER SAID...
"Without a question, we need to disarm Saddam. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an
oppressive regime .... to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction
.... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real ...."Kerry , Jan. 23. 2003

U.S. Rep. John Murtha(D)"Our troops killed innocent civilians in cold blood,”

Durbin (D) "must have been done by Nazis, Soviets"--action of Americans in the treatment of their prisoners.

then Senator Obama said "troops are air-raiding villages and killing civilians,"

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid(D) "The war is lost, the surge is not accomplishing anything "

These comments inflamed the terrorists AND demoralized our troops at the same time!

Bush was the dude in charge. What he chose to do was a huge mistake. I don't care if every Democrat in congress begged him to invade Iraq. He did it. It was a mistake. He fucked up. Period.
Oh okay all of a sudden the president is in charge. So why don't you think Obama should be? I know, because he is an idiot.

He is. We won't stupidly invade and occupy a sovereign nation based on bullshit while he's there.

If Bush lied about WMD Kerry and 77 of the Senate lied also

If Bush lied about WMD, Kerry and 77% of the Senate lied also

By Mary Mostert

In recent weeks I have received e-mail from readers asking me if a list of quotes making the rounds via e-mail that purport to be from anti-Bush politicians are actually "for real." The quotes are from Democrats who have attacked the President for "lying" about Saddam Hussein having weapons of mass destruction and invading Iraq when he was "not a threat to the United States.."

So, I researched the quotes. I found the origin of all but one or two of the quotes sent. However, in those cases, I easily found direct quotes, often made on the floor of Congress, that made the same point and made substitutions. Since Bush's invasion of Iraq has become a core issue in the current presidential campaign, it is time to set the record straight. We live in the information age. What politicians have said is easily traceable via Internet search engines. Any news person willing to find out what the candidates actually have said, but now don't seem to remember having said them, can find their quotes.

Below are the quotes, plus several interesting additions I found in the Congressional Record. In October 2002 the House passed Joint Resolution 114 to authorize the President to use military force in Iraq by more than a two-thirds majority — 266 to 133. The Senate passed the resolution 77-23.

Both Senators John Kerry and John Edwards voted for Resolution HJ 114 which puts Congress on record as approving President Bush's actions. It specifically states that the action was necessary primarily because "Iraq has demonstrated its capability and willingness to use weapons of mass destruction against other nations and its own people" and because "Iraq continues to aid and harbor other international terrorist organizations, including organizations that threaten the lives and safety of American citizens." The resolution also specifically mentions that Iraq was harboring "members of Al Qaida, an organization bearing responsibility for attacks on the United States, its citizens, and interests, including the attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001, are known to be in Iraq."

If, as the Democrats now claim, President Bush was lying about Saddam Hussein having weapons of mass destruction, 77% of the Senate, including those now running for president, were also lying. In fact, it was a Democrat, Senator Joseph Lieberman of Connecticut that introduced the amendment listing the "findings" of weapons of mass destruction as justification for the resolution.

Quotes from Democrats about WMD
  1. "One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
    President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

Quoted on CNN
  2. "If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program." — President Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

Quoted on CNN
  3. Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face." — Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

Transcript of remarks made at a Town Hall meeting in Columbus, Ohio — from USIA
  4. "He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983." — Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb 18, 1998

Transcript of remarks made at a Town Hall Meeting in Columbus, Ohio — From USIA
  5. "We urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the US Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs." — Letter to President Clinton, signed by Sens. Carl Levin (D-MI), Tom Daschle (D-SD), John Kerry (D — MA), and others Oct. 9, 1998

See letter to Clinton by Levin, Daschle, Kerry and others
  6. "Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process." — Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

Statement by Rep. Nancy Pelosi — House of Representatives website
  7. "Hussein has chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies." — Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

Answer to a question at the Chicago Council of Foreign Affairs
  8. "There is no doubt that . Saddam Hussein has invigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies." — Letter to President Bush, Signed by Sen Bob Graham (D, FL,) and others, December 5, 2001

Letter to President George W. Bush signed by 9 Congressmen, including Democrats Harold Ford, Jr., Joseph Lieberman, and Benjamin Gilman.
  9. " We should be hell bent on getting those weapons of mass destruction, hell bent on having a credible approach to them, but we should try to do it in a way which keeps the world together and that achieves our goal which is removing the... defanging Saddam.." — Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Dec. 9, 2002

Online with Jim Lehrer — Public Broadcasting Service
  10. "We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country." — Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

Transcript of Gore's speech, printed in USA Today
  11. "Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power." — Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

Transcript of Gore's speech, printed in USA Today
  12. "We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction." — Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

U.S. Senate — Ted Kennedy
  13. "The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..." — Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

Congressional Record — Robert Byrd
  14. "When I vote to give the President of the United States the authority to use force, if necessary, to disarm Saddam Hussein, it is because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a threat, and a grave threat, to our security and that of our allies in the Persian Gulf region. I will vote yes because I believe it is the best way to hold Saddam Hussein accountable." —Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9,2002

Congressional Record — Sen. John F. Kerry
  15. "There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years .. We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction." — Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

Congressional Record — Sen. Jay Rockefeller
  16. "He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do" — Rep. Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

Congressional Record — Rep. Henry Waxman
  17. "In 1998, the United States also changed its underlying policy toward Iraq from containment to regime change and began to examine options to effect such a change, including support for Iraqi opposition leaders within the country and abroad. In the 4 years since the inspectors, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al-Qaida members, though there is apparently no evidence of his involvement in the terrible events of September 11, 2001.

"It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein wiill continue to increase his capability to wage biological and chemical warfare and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons. Should he succeed in that endeavor, he could alter the political and security landscape of the Middle East which, as we know all too well, affects American security."
    Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

Congressional Record — Sen. Hillary Clinton
  18. "The Joint Chiefs should provide Congress with casualty estimates for a war in Iraq as they have done in advance of every past conflict. These estimates should consider Saddam's possible use of chemical or biological weapons against our troops.

"Unlike the gulf war, many experts believe Saddam would resort to chemical and biological weapons against our troops in a desperate -attempt to save his regime if he believes he and his regime are ultimately threatened."
    Sen. Ted Kennedy (D-MA) Oct. 8, 2002

Congressional Record — Sen. Ted Kennedy
  19. "There is one thing we agree upon, and that is that Saddam Hussein is an evil man. He is a tyrant. He has used chemical and biological weapons on his own people. He has disregarded United Nations resolutions calling for inspections of his capabilities and research and development programs. His forces regularly fire on American and British jet pilots enforcing the no-fly zones in the north and south of his country. And he has the potential to develop and deploy nuclear weapons... — Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

Congressional Record — Sen. Bob Graham
  20. But inspectors have had a hard time getting truthful information from the Iraqis they interview. Saddam Hussein terrorizes his people, including his weapons scientists, so effectively that they are afraid to be interviewed in private, let alone outside the country. They know that even the appearance of cooperation could be a death sentence for themselves or their families.

"To overcome this obstacle, and to discover and dismantle Saddam Hussein's weapons of mass destruction, UNMOVIC and the IAEA must interview relevant persons securely and with their families protected, even if they protest publicly against this treatment. Hans Blix may dislike running ''a defection agency,' but that could be the only way to obtain truthful information about Saddam's weapons of mass destruction — Sen. Joseph Biden

Congressional Record — Sen. Joseph Biden
  21. "With respect to Saddam Hussein and the threat he presents, we must ask ourselves a simple question: Why? Why is Saddam Hussein pursuing weapons that most nations have agreed to limit or give up? Why is Saddam Hussein guilty of breaking his own cease-fire agreement with the international community? Why is Saddam Hussein attempting to develop nuclear weapons when most nations don't even try, and responsible nations that have them attempt to limit their potential for disaster? Why did Saddam Hussein threaten and provoke? Why does he develop missiles that exceed allowable limits? Why did Saddam Hussein lie and deceive the inspection teams previously? Why did Saddam Hussein not account for all of the weapons of mass destruction which UNSCOM identified? Why is he seeking to develop unmanned airborne vehicles for delivery of biological agents?
    Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), October 9, 2002

Congressional Record — Sen. John F. Kerry
  22. "Saddam Hussein's regime represents a grave threat to America and our allies, including our vital ally, Israel. For more than two decades, Saddam Hussein has sought weapons of mass destruction through every available means. We know that he has chemical and biological weapons. He has already used them against his neighbors and his own people, and is trying to build more. We know that he is doing everything he can to build nuclear weapons, and we know that each day he gets closer to achieving that goal.

"Iraq has continued to seek nuclear weapons and develop its arsenal in defiance of the collective will of the international community, as expressed through the United Nations Security Council. It is violating the terms of the 1991 cease-fire that ended the Gulf war and as many as 16 Security Council resolutions, including 11 resolutions concerning Iraq's efforts to develop weapons of mass destruction. — Sen. John Edwards, October 10, 2002

Congressional Record — Sen. John Edwards

Pretty pathetic don't ya think?

Trying to deflect blame for Iraq to the Democrats? In the end, it was the chicken hawk republicans who came up with the idea and George W Bush who was "the decider"

How about this one?

Mission Accomplished

How about this one?

Mission Accomplished
O.K. Who said it? Who implied it and who made the banner? Ignoramus. Please say Bush said it.
The banner came from the Whitehouse...as did the idea for the photo-op just off shore from San Diego
So? The banner was referring to the crew's completed mission in the Gulf. Otherwise what does it mean to leftist progressive liberal pukes?

How about this one?

Mission Accomplished

How about this one?

Mission Accomplished
O.K. Who said it? Who implied it and who made the banner? Ignoramus. Please say Bush said it.
The banner came from the Whitehouse...as did the idea for the photo-op just off shore from San Diego
So? The banner was referring to the crew's completed mission in the Gulf. Otherwise what does it mean to leftist progressive liberal pukes?
It was?

Then why is it that Bush never mentioned that mission in his speech?

Looks like after the fact spin don't you think?

Congress Grants Bush War Powers Against Iraq

Congress Grants Bush War
Powers Against Iraq

By Vicki Allen
10-11-2
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Bush turns his attention on Friday to the United Nations after the Senate joined the House in strong votes authorizing a possible U.S. attack on Iraq.
The Republican-led House and Democratic-led Senate by wide margins approved the resolution that Bush wanted to reinforce his demand that the U.N. Security Council threaten the use of force, if necessary, to enforce its requirements that Iraqi President Saddam Hussein abandon programs for biological, chemical or nuclear weapons.
"The Congress has spoken clearly to the international community and the United Nations Security Council," Bush said in a statement issued after the early-hours vote.
"Saddam Hussein and his outlaw regime pose a grave threat to the region, the world, and the United States. Inaction is not an option, disarmament is a must," Bush said.
The House earlier Thursday passed the resolution 296-133 after three days of debate.
Under intense pressure from the White House, which wanted a big bipartisan majority in Congress to strengthen its hand in its confrontation with Iraq, the Democratic-led Senate passed the war powers resolution, 77-23.
The Senate vote that capped a week of debate came after lawmakers explained the votes they intended to cast that could lead to war.
Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle, a South Dakota Democrat, helped give Bush the sizable win he sought by announcing he would support the resolution despite earlier reservations.
DEMOCRATS SPLIT
Democrats were split, with 29 voting for the resolution and 21 against it. Also voting against it were Republican Lincoln Chafee of Rhode Island and independent James Jeffords of Vermont.
"For me, the deciding factor is my belief that a united Congress will help the president unite the world. And by uniting the world, we can increase the world's chances of succeeding in this effort, and reduce both the risks and the costs that America may have to bear," Daschle said.
Senate Foreign Relations Committee Chairman Joseph Biden, a Delaware Democrat who initially criticized the war powers resolution as too broad, said he decided to back it "because we should support compelling Iraq to make good on its obligations to the United Nations."
Biden also said "a strong vote in Congress increases the prospect for a tough new U.N. resolution on weapons inspections, which in turn decreases the prospects of war."
But a number of Democrats said the resolution set a dangerous precedent for unilateral pre-emptive strikes, that Bush had not made a case that Iraq posed an imminent threat, and that conflict in Iraq would detract from efforts to root out terrorist groups they said posed a greater threat.
Iraq pledged to give up weapons of mass destruction following the 1991 Gulf War. But the Bush administration accuses Saddam of developing those weapons in defiance of U.N. Security Council resolutions -- a charge Iraq denies.
COUNCIL NEGOTIATIONS
While Iraq has agreed to allow arms inspectors to return after a four-year absence, the 15-nation U.N. Security Council is locked in negotiations on how intrusive it wants U.N. inspections to be.
Bush insists the Security Council resolve to use force if Baghdad does not comply with inspections, with a threat now endorsed by Congress that Washington would lead an attack if the United Nations does not.
The council is expected to hold an open debate on Iraq next week, perhaps even before a resolution on possible military action is formally introduced, council members said Thursday.
While Cameroon's U.N. ambassador, Martin Belinga-Eboutou, this month's council president, is consulting the body's membership on a date, most members interviewed expect the meeting next week, possibly by Wednesday, with some 100 speakers addressing the council.
France, which is leading criticism of a U.S.-drafted measure that was circulated informally, stands to benefit from a public meeting, where ambassadors may speak against any unilateral American military strike and in favor of giving weapons inspectors an opportunity to do their work first.
The U.S. draft would rewrite the ground rules for inspections and allow any U.N. member to decide, without further council consultation, when Iraq has violated any terms of the new resolution and then launch a military strike.
France wants two resolutions, which Russia and China back to varying degrees. The first would say that the council had to meet immediately after a report by U.N. arms inspectors of "any serious failure by Iraq to comply with its obligations" and "consider any measure to ensure full compliance."
Another resolution would be needed to authorize a military strike, if necessary.

The Iraq War Who voted for it why you should still care hint Iran

The Iraq War: Who voted for it, why you should still care (hint: Iran)
3/20/13 10:00am by Gaius Publius 20 Comments

March 19 marked the 10-year anniversary of the Iraq War. On that day the bombs started falling.

This is the war no one wants to remember, since, as the Professor says, almost everyone in media position to talk about it today, screwed up big time back then (my emphasis):

[T]here’s a very big anniversary coming up next week — the start of the Iraq war. So why does there seem to be so little coverage?

Well, it’s not hard to think of a reason: a lot of people behaved badly in the runup to that war, and many though not all people in the news media behaved especially badly. … To come out against the war, let alone to suggest that the Bush administration was deliberately misleading the nation into war, looked all too likely to be a career-ending stance. And there were all too few profiles in courage.

The war, then, was a big test — a test of your ability to cut through a fog of propaganda, but also a test of your moral and to some extent personal courage. And a lot of people in the media failed.

But if the action in the press was bad, the action in Congress was worse. After all, that war needed authorization, and it was hotly debated. In the interest of accountability, here’s the Democratic Yes vote in the Senate.

Sadik Gulec / Shutterstock.com

A hint in reading these votes. A vote for the winning side in a lopsided vote is generally — but not always — a sincere vote. (Some people jump on a winner after it’s won for cosmetic purposes, but most are sincere.) A vote on thelosing side of a lopsided vote can be highly suspect. Many voters are clearly sincere — we find Paul Wellstone and Bernie Sanders voting No — but once the whip count is in and the outcome is predetermined, a vote for the losing side can be cosmetic only, all appearances.

That’s a general statement, not one I’m making about this vote. But do keep the point in mind. There are a lot of instances where a senator or House member will go to his or her leader and ask, “Look, this one is in the bag. Mind if I vote against? I have a tough election coming up.” The leader can then say, “Sure,” or “Sure, but you owe me.” It’s how this stuff works.

Senate Democratic votes for the Iraq War
If you remember that day, it was a day of speeches. And at least out among the Littles, the final count wasn’t known until the roll was called. Here are your brave warrior Dems, those who voted Yes, covered in testosterone (or confusion) and glory. I’ve highlighted a few names to note:

YEAs — 77
Bayh (D-IN)
Biden (D-DE)
Breaux (D-LA)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Carnahan (D-MO)
Carper (D-DE)
Cleland (D-GA)
Clinton (D-NY)
Daschle (D-SD)
Dodd (D-CT)
Dorgan (D-ND)
Edwards (D-NC)
Feinstein (D-CA)
Harkin (D-IA) Hollings (D-SC)
Johnson (D-SD)
Kerry (D-MA)
Kohl (D-WI)
Landrieu (D-LA)
Lieberman (D-CT)
Lincoln (D-AR)
Miller (D-GA)
Nelson (D-FL)
Nelson (D-NE)
Reid (D-NV)
Rockefeller (D-WV)
Schumer (D-NY)
Torricelli (D-NJ)
Dodd’s not around today, nor is Edwards, and Harkin is retiring. But the rest are still there — or in the case of Biden and Clinton, in position to do even greater damage.

Would you like to help them remember that you remember? After all, these fine people could be asked to vote on a greater disaster, the Israel-promoted war against Iran. The propaganda’s already in place, has been for over a year.

Just in case you want to remind them — “Don’t do it again!” — here are some nice phone numbers:

Joe Biden — 202-456-1111 (VP comment line)
Maria Cantwell — 202-224-3441
Hillary Clinton — personal website (according to Wikipedia)
Tom Harkin — 202-224-3254
John Kerry — 202-647-5291 (according to the U.S. Dept of State phone list; pdf)
Harry Reid — 202-224-3542
Chuck Schumer — 202-224-6542

My suspicion is that concentrating on Biden, Cantwell, Clinton, Kerry and Reid will do the most good. Kerry’s vote is especially ironic, given his place in anti-war history:

Happy calling!

(Update: Re Clinton, don’t miss this excellent video catch by commenter Bill Perdue.)

GP

To follow or send links: @Gaius_Publius

Tags: anniversary, Hillary Clinton, iran, Iraq War, Joe Biden, John Kerry
Next Newer Post
Next Older Post

c47e8def76d4ab92807cbc2b08599acc
Gaius Publius
Gaius Publius is a professional writer living on the West Coast of the United States. Click here for more. Follow him on Twitter @Gaius_Publius and Facebook.

How about this one?

Mission Accomplished

How about this one?

Mission Accomplished
AND IT WAS YOU dumb F.,..K!!!
The military objectives of overthrowing Saddam was accomplished.
It wasn't till assholes like you that hated Bush like the MSM did that you GAVE all sorts of encouragement to kill our troops!
If you can't comprehend what it is like as a soldier to hear/read comments like these from your Fellow Americans and much less Congressmen!
Remarks that the Harvard study have shown Prolonged and made more deaths because the bad guys LOVED to use these words in recruiting
more terrorists!
I mean it obviously is easy for you to be in the enemy camp and read/hear these words that validated your recruiting/murdering more US troops!
Words like "Americans are killing civilians"! Americans are terrorists! Americans are NAZIs! Americans are torturing millions of people!
Americans "air raid villages" killing civilians! Killing civilians in cold blood!
YOU dumb shits that don't think the enemy LOVED to hear these idiots make these ANTI-AMERICAN statements:

Think about this dumb bastard...
AT FIRST he said this:
THEN after Bush took Kerry at his word... DISARM Saddam... this butthead turns around and calls our troops terrorists!

And this idiot calling our troops cold blooded killers! How helpful! U.S. Rep. John Murtha(D)"Our troops killed innocent civilians in cold blood,”

And of course everyone KNOWS ALL of American troops are NAZIS Soviets... Killers!

And then Senator Obama said "troops are air-raiding villages and killing civilians,"

And finally consider what the Majority of Iraqi people think about idiots like you and the above that DIDN"T WANT THEM to be free!!!

Idiots like you would be happy to see Saddam starving 100,000 kids a year but since his death (thanks to GWB) 1.2 million are NOT STARVED!!

But you idiots don't CARE!!!

"So the Iraq war was, despite all that went wrong, a good thing; the "overwhelming majority" of Iraqis are (and presumably feel) better off because of it"
The Atlantic's Jeffrey Goldberg put the question to Barham Salih, the former prime minister of Iraqi Kurdistan's regional government and a former deputy prime minister of Iraq's federal government.
"But," he added, "it's important to understand where we started from. ...
Literally hundreds of thousands of Iraqis were sent to mass graves.
Ten years on from the demise of Saddam Hussein, we're still discovering mass graves across Iraq.
And Iraqis are better off without Saddam Hussein --
the overwhelming majority of Iraqis are better off without Saddam Hussein."

So the Iraq war was, despite all that went wrong, a good thing; the "overwhelming majority" of Iraqis are (and presumably feel) better off because of it; and the fault for all that has gone wrong is ultimately with Iraqis themselves: It's a remarkable point of view to encounter in June 2013.
10 Years After the Fall of Saddam How Do Iraqis Look Back on the War - The Atlantic

All the while idiots like you would prefer 28 million Iraqis fearful of having their tongues cut out, drill bits in their heads, mutilated like these people
and YOU would be happy right???

Ahmad was Uday's chief executioner. Last week, as Iraqis celebrated the death of his former boss and his equally savage younger brother Qusay, he nervously revealed a hideous story.
His instructions that day in 1999 were to arrest the two 19-year-olds on the campus of Baghdad's Academy of Fine Arts and deliver them at Radwaniyah. On arrival at the sprawling compound, he was directed to a farm where he found a large cage. Inside, two lions waited. They belonged to Uday. Guards took the two young men from the car and opened the cage door. One of the victims collapsed in terror as they were dragged, screaming and shouting, to meet their fate. Ahmad watched as the students frantically looked for a way of escape. There was none. The lions pounced. 'I saw the head of the first student literally come off his body with the first bite and then had to stand and watch the animals devour the two young men. By the time they were finished there was little left but for the bones and bits and pieces of unwanted flesh,' he recalled last week."
-- Sunday Times, London, July 27, 2003
NO THANKS to traitors like you these Saddam driven responses don't occur!

Forum List

Back