Worried Trump could 'go rogue' Milley took top-secret action to protect nukes

He seized control of the military from the civilian leadership. That's called a coup
Milley seized nothing. Seizing control of the military would have entailed telling the military that "HE" was in charge of our nuclear weapons, and "HE" was the one to order their use.

There shouldn't be one individual that has access to the code of the nuclear warheads.
The constitution was written before the invention of nuclear weapons, had it been they might change it, but currently the commander in chief has sole nuclear authority.

Which is why it's so important we chose a president with that in mind.

Well, what occurred during the final months of the Trump Administration was a shit show. I certainly do not want to hear of a general side stepping the President nor do I think that is good for the country. However, if that President is talking about using nukes or is considering using the military to overthrow the United States government, then that general, whose duty is to the Constitution of the United States and not to a Donald Trump, has to protect that Constitution. Milley did right in this circumstance despite the fact you think a general's loyalty is to the man and not the constitution.
It's looking more and more likely that Milly will escape from any charges, simply because it never came to him having to take any actions.

But I wonder if Milly had decided to fall on his sword if it became necessary?
Generals will sometimes take extreme measures to protect their country!

It's looking more and more likely that Milly will escape from any charges, simply because it never came to him having to take any actions.

But I wonder if Milly had decided to fall on his sword if it became necessary?
Generals will sometimes take extreme measures to protect their country!
Milley only said that he had to be in the loop, not that he had a VETO. If Trump ordered a nuclear or military strike, if they asked Milley if he knew about it, and he said he did, they would carry out Trumps orders without question.

If they called up the president top military advisor and were told he never carried out his legal responsibility as top military advisor to the president they should wait until he got a chance to talk to Trump.

The Trumpsters are losing their shit (again) and we barely have any actual information.

Maybe you drama queens should slow down a bit until we have the whole picture.

Oh, that's right: Only one side is needed in the alternate universe.
Milley was just putting a safeguard against a rogue Trump ordering military action ,without seeking the advise of his advisors.
They wouldn't have to agree, they would just have to be in the room.

Milley seized nothing. Seizing control of the military would have entailed telling the military that "HE" was in charge of our nuclear weapons, and "HE" was the one to order their use.

That's exactly what he did. He told top commanders that any nuclear strike had to go through him. That's treason. He should be killed immediately.

Forum List

Back