World's coral reefs succumbing to global warming

Let not your hearts be troubled. There is a cycle to coral reefs same as it has always been. This is not the first time. Sun cycles, temperature, coral reef population diminish in some reef dwellers but others take the place.

"Scientists' and gov't/Gov't scientists, love to get us all wee weed up to use a term from the Kenyan Prince.

Last edited:
Let not your hearts be troubled. There is a cycle to coral reefs same as it has always been. This is not the first time. Sun cycles, temperature, coral reef population diminish in some reef dwellers but others take the place.

"Scientists' and gov't/Gov't scientists, love to get us all wee weed up to use a term from the Kenyan Prince.
CJ have you seen the ones they are "growing"? I was diving in Turks and Caicos and they are "growing" them there! I don't know why, they are all over the ocean floor there.

That really isn't happening. WHen all you can get on the internet are dire warnings of globaloney warming then you think the world is ending. It isn't.

No wonder our kids are crazy with this envirowhacko stuff.

What an ignorant statement. Youre not capable of identifying coral but are now an expert.
Do you ever listen to yourself?

You're right about one thing, it is a cycle, a cycle of death.

No it isn't stann....Calm down. Nothing is going to happen till God's judgement on the oceans. Man hasn't the power.

That really isn't happening. WHen all you can get on the internet are dire warnings of globaloney warming then you think the world is ending. It isn't.

No wonder our kids are crazy with this envirowhacko stuff.
Here is the report on which those two articles were based. Would you care to show us why you believe the report is untrue? You know, like with actual evidence...

The life cycle of reefs. The cycle of warming and cooling of ocean water...CYCLICAL and they've got just enough info from the 1800s to know this. That's as far back as they go on tracking past weather events.

You believe your source because it fits your belief system. And apparently you think i should take your source as the be all and end all truth. LoL

The life cycle of reefs. The cycle of warming and cooling of ocean water...CYCLICAL and they've got just enough info from the 1800s to know this. That's as far back as they go on tracking past weather events.

You believe your source because it fits your belief system. And apparently you think i should take your source as the be all and end all truth. LoL
The degree is the difference. Yes, coral reefs have cycles but they follow regular patterns. This is rapid change and it's catastrophic. Sorry if that doesn't fit your agenda, it's what's happening all over the world.

well alright chicken little you sit there and wring your hands over it while it straightens itself out.
I am concerned, everything is so out of balance it's just a matter of limiting the damages now, and although some Nations have taken affirmative measures, the problem is planet wide and unless we get the whole planet working on it I don't expect the best outcome. We can't even get Democrats and Republicans to work together anymore never mind the rest of the world.

Okay. I see you are concerned. But there is nothing that you and i can do other than be good stewards in our own areas. These things are going to work out fine I am convinced, It is my opinion after watching and reading that governments will be the ones to screw this up. Environmental damage is allowed by cruise lines, large tourist attractions like Niagara Falls for example on the Canadian side along with other 'violations' that are okay as long as the culprit pays for their own damage and by that i mean they pay fees to the governments where the 'violations' are occurring and they are allowed to continue. We have no control over this.

Okay. I see you are concerned. But there is nothing that you and i can do other than be good stewards in our own areas. These things are going to work out fine I am convinced,
Just so you know we're officially done with the denial stage, now they're doing mitigation efforts. The damage is already done. Like you I'm doing everything I can on my end. I recycle almost everything, I produce a quarter or half bag of garbage a month that I can't recycle. I walk to work. Once or twice a week when I use the truck I make several stops and get everything done at once. I filled up the tank 2 months ago it's funny below a half tank. In the summer in the nice weather I do get out more. Keep up the good work.

Just so you know we're officially done with the denial stage, now they're doing mitigation efforts. The damage is already done. Like you I'm doing everything I can on my end. I recycle almost everything, I produce a quarter or half bag of garbage a month that I can't recycle. I walk to work. Once or twice a week when I use the truck I make several stops and get everything done at once. I filled up the tank 2 months ago it's funny below a half tank. In the summer in the nice weather I do get out more. Keep up the good work.
" It's finally below a half tank " I have checked now. That's what that statement was supposed to say I need to remember to double check what comes out of this talking machine.

well. I will pick up litter and do other things but i will not recycle. But that is commendable that you do all you say you do.

For those who have been claiming there have been no untoward effects. Let's talk about what effects a large loss of the world's coral will have on marine life and those who depend on it for food and coastal shelter.

Oh brother---here we go again MANIPULATION. I am so fucking tired of it.

Coral Reefs are highly dependent on Algae and they are also highly at threat from other algae. Algae feeds and algae kills coral. As the global warming nuts scream global warming is behind it---it is actually do to a couple of different more harmful types of algae. (Living in florida, we are also under attack from certain algaes-------they are believed to come from runoffs from overpopulation of people and farmland chemicals).

Cut population, and you will likely cut the bad algaes.

Forum List

Back