World reacts with disgust over Obamas 40 second mention -before jokes- Plane shot dow

I'd be curious why the left doesn't have a problem with civilian flights being shot down. Lots of people trying to make the world a better place on that flight.

Oh I have a big problem with civilian jets being shot down. Now what?

Nothing. Absolutely nothing, because Obama won't make this a priority.

The Obama admin is a short and curly shy of openly blaming Russia.

Russian missile smuggled into Ukraine before Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 was shot down: tapes - NY Daily News

The administration appeared to be making a case against the Russians, with Obama noting the rebels inside Ukraine were well-armed and well-trained.

“We know that’s not an accident,” the President said. “That is happening because of Russian support.”

Oy vey...

Look, in defense of the President, he didn't have a lot of information to go on. The news was still breaking, information was probably scant. A brief comment such as the one he made should be expected, it certainly beats wild speculation and finger pointing with little to no evidence to go by. Remember, in 1983 Ronald Reagan had four days before he substantially addressed the shoot down of Korean 007.

More objectionable, at least to me, was the ease with which he slipped right into his fundraising campaign mode. It might have been best if he had skipped the jokes in his prepared remarks. Then again, I'm not sure going off script is one of President Obama's strengths. I'm not sure it is any president's strength, especially in this day of the instantaneous and twenty-four hour news.

Ultimately, I think his best bet would have been to cancel his fundraising jaunt in favor of sticking around the White House and giving the appearance of gathering information.

Nowadays, appearance is, as we know, everything...
Well in fairness, I think all are guilty of this type of thing.. Just like the media or news for example, where as they are giving breaking news on a tragedy for example, when immediately next they are talking gleefully about something else. This also suggest they have no feeling or sympathy for the tragedy they just reported on (IMHO). Many issues like this can be a two edged sword, so I say be careful of the battles in which one chooses, because they can reveal the biased political motivations of an individual who uses tragedies to look for attack amo to use on a political opponent. Its' actually a sign of desperation when see these kinds of situations go on.

Forum List

Back