Women want to be treated equally.....

Sorry Winter. I have reached a point of revulsion that I cannot deal with. Thomas Knight was a low life, but apparently not that much lower than you.

LMAO!! Yeah, try and back off now.

Yes, Thomas Knight was a low life. And good riddance to him. But your claim that I find his murder of the prison guard (or anyone) amusing is either a blatant lie or shows your ignorance of the english language. You pick which.

But do keep pushing the idea that the death penalty saves prison guards. I especially like it when you posted the story about the guy on death row killing a guard.
Sick fuck!

There are truly no other words. You actually like that instead of being abhorred?!

These are people that do the jobs you and I would not want to do because they need to make a buck and not sponge off the governemt.

That's sick!

But do keep pushing the idea that the death penalty saves prison guards. I especially like it when you posted the story about the guy on death row killing a guard.
Sick fuck!

There are truly no other words. You actually like that instead of being abhorred?!

These are people that do the jobs you and I would not want to do because they need to make a buck and not sponge off the governemt.

That's sick!

Your claim that I like that (or even said I like that) is simply a lie.

But if it makes you feel better, keep telling it.

The fact is that your claims are bullshit.

What I said about he mental health claim is that is the typical go to argument used by bleeding hearts. Since you jumped straight to it, more proof that you're a bleeding heart.

It proves nothing. You brought up a specific case. And in that case, the murderer's mental health was an issue. I didn't invent that opr bring it up except as a fact about the case you introduced into the discussion.

That example proves two things: 1) You really don't mean unless we know for sure and 2) You're a bleeding heart that jumped straight to the bleeding heart line of excuses.

LMAO!! It really is important to you that I am a bleeding heart, isn't it?

You were there for her trial. Was her mental health brought up as a mitigating factor???

It's important that you realize it.

I don't remember specific testimony as it's been 20 years. I'm sure it was and suspect it was in the sense of being an EXCUSE.

So your suspicions should outweigh what the judge and the jury heard and thought? Interesting concept there.

Those of us who attended it heard what the jury heard.

“The additional cost of confining an inmate to death row, as compared to the maximum security prisons where those sentenced to life without possibility of parole ordinarily serve their sentences, is $90,000 per year per inmate. With California’s current death row population of 670, that accounts for $63.3 million annually.”

So, in addition to the much higher costs of the trial, the yearly costs of keeping an inmate on death row is much higher.

Which is why we need a mandatory sentencibg and single appeal system for all violent crimes. Then a 24 hour window dor execution.

It proves nothing. You brought up a specific case. And in that case, the murderer's mental health was an issue. I didn't invent that opr bring it up except as a fact about the case you introduced into the discussion.

That example proves two things: 1) You really don't mean unless we know for sure and 2) You're a bleeding heart that jumped straight to the bleeding heart line of excuses.

You were there for her trial. Was her mental health brought up as a mitigating factor???

I don't remember specific testimony as it's been 20 years. I'm sure it was and suspect it was in the sense of being an EXCUSE.

So your suspicions should outweigh what the judge and the jury heard and thought? Interesting concept there.

Except the judge and jury were there every day.

Since the actual topic, before being derailled, was about equality and not the death penalty, here is a simple reply to using Susan Smith as a singular example. David Berkowitz murdered 6 people (more than Susan Smith) and was not given the death penalty. So equality does not seem to be the issue.

The OP seemed sure that the protests of the execution of the woman in GA was because she was a woman. But when it was pointed out that every execution in the US is protested, he tried to derail his own thread.

Do you know why David Berkowitz didn't get the death penalty? The reason has nothing to do with equality so a comparison with Susan Smith is a moot point. When you figure it out, you may understand why you can't compare the two.

How do them being there every day change the facts of what she admitted to doing. There is no question whether or not she did it. There is also no question that your opposition to the death penalty has nothing to do with whether or not we know without a doubt the person did it as you implied earlier. You simply don't like the death penalty and will come up with any excuse to not support it even in the clearest of cases.

I don't care if you have a different opinion just be honest enough to admit it.

“The additional cost of confining an inmate to death row, as compared to the maximum security prisons where those sentenced to life without possibility of parole ordinarily serve their sentences, is $90,000 per year per inmate. With California’s current death row population of 670, that accounts for $63.3 million annually.”

So, in addition to the much higher costs of the trial, the yearly costs of keeping an inmate on death row is much higher.

Which is why we need a mandatory sentencibg and single appeal system for all violent crimes. Then a 24 hour window dor execution.

And screw those who were wrongly convicted, huh?

"Between 2005 and 2014, there were 24 corrections officers in the United States murdered by inmates. Every one of these murders occurred in a jurisdiction with the death penalty."

from: Innocence and the Death Penalty | Death Penalty Information Center

Between 2003 and 2015, there were 56 people on death row who were exonerated.

So your eagerness to execute would have caused the death of 56 innocent people, while it may or may not have saved some of the prison guards. Because not all of the 24 were murdered by people convicted of a capital crime.

Since the actual topic, before being derailled, was about equality and not the death penalty, here is a simple reply to using Susan Smith as a singular example. David Berkowitz murdered 6 people (more than Susan Smith) and was not given the death penalty. So equality does not seem to be the issue.

The OP seemed sure that the protests of the execution of the woman in GA was because she was a woman. But when it was pointed out that every execution in the US is protested, he tried to derail his own thread.

Do you know why David Berkowitz didn't get the death penalty? The reason has nothing to do with equality so a comparison with Susan Smith is a moot point. When you figure it out, you may understand why you can't compare the two.

Oh I know why. But it balances the gender claim. Any evidence that Susan Smith was not executed solely because she is a woman?

How do them being there every day change the facts of what she admitted to doing. There is no question whether or not she did it. There is also no question that your opposition to the death penalty has nothing to do with whether or not we know without a doubt the person did it as you implied earlier. You simply don't like the death penalty and will come up with any excuse to not support it even in the clearest of cases.

How does not being there every day change the facts?? You made the claim "Those of us who attended it heard what the jury heard". Unless you were there every day, you obviously didn't hear everything the jury heard.

How does not being there every day change the facts?? You made the claim "Those of us who attended it heard what the jury heard". Unless you were there every day, you obviously didn't hear everything the jury heard.

I didn't have to hear everything to know she was guilty of 1st degree murder and that warrants the death penalty. You heard none of it yet you made the determination that she had mental problems. On what do you base that claim?

Oh I know why. But it balances the gender claim. Any evidence that Susan Smith was not executed solely because she is a woman?

Wrong. Has nothing to do with gender.

So your eagerness to execute would have caused the death of 56 innocent people, while it may or may not have saved some of the prison guards. Because not all of the 24 were murdered by people convicted of a capital crime.

There are NO innocent people in the world. Not even you or me. They may not have been guilty of what they were charged with but they were not innocent. If nothing else they're guilty of not being able to provide a reasonable alibi for themselves and/or failing to acquire proper representation.

I didn't have to hear everything to know she was guilty of 1st degree murder and that warrants the death penalty. You heard none of it yet you made the determination that she had mental problems. On what do you base that claim?

First you said "Those of us who attended it heard what the jury heard". Now you say you didn't need to hear it all?

The jury and the judge did not give her the death penalty. You were not there every day and did not hear what they heard.

There are NO innocent people in the world. Not even you or me. They may not have been guilty of what they were charged with but they were not innocent. If nothing else they're guilty of not being able to provide a reasonable alibi for themselves and/or failing to acquire proper representation.

So go ahead and execute anyone without an alibi or who can't afford a good lawyer? lol That is one of the worst things I have seen posted here.

But then, by your logic, the guards weren't innocent when the inmates killed them.

Then it doesn't apply to this topic at all.

First you said "Those of us who attended it heard what the jury heard". Now you say you didn't need to hear it all?

The jury and the judge did not give her the death penalty. You were not there every day and did not hear what they heard.

You left out the part that I don't have to hear it all in order to know what the guilty person admitted to doing.

You weren't there at all and have determined she was mentally ill. Seems you claim to know more than I do and have less involvement in what happened. That's arrogant you bastard.

Then it doesn't apply to this topic at all.

You brought up David Berkowitz and said he wasn't given the death penalty. The reason he wasn't has nothing to do with gender but everything to do with why you're a dumbass for even using him as an example. You're trying to compare something that can't be compared on any level.

Try researching why Berkowitz didn't get the death penalty or continue to look like a dumbass. Your choice.

Funny, when you first started posting in this thread you claimed the reason she didn't get the death penalty was because she is a woman.

You said: "I've read so many like that, I know the point you're trying to make. I address those situations where there is absolutely no doubt the person accused of it did it. Take Susan Smith of Union, SC. She drove her car into a lake while her two kids were strapped in seatbelts in the back seat. They both died a horrible death. There was absolutely no doubt she was guilty. Why wasn't she given the death penalty? The answer is because she is female. A male doing the same thing would have received it."

Forum List

Back