Women buying guns...lots and lots of guns.....this is a good thing for them and our country.

No, cars are regulated. You usually do some driving lessons and a test to drive one. In the UK, you need to pass a theory test too. This is designed to make the roads safer.

Guns are regulated, more than cars......

No, cars are regulated. You usually do some driving lessons and a test to drive one. In the UK, you need to pass a theory test too. This is designed to make the roads safer.
Guns are regulated: murder, assault with a deadly weapon, wreckless discharge of a firearm, etc. are all illegal.

Nowhere in The United States is the speed limit higher that 85 mph, yet cars that will easily exceed 100 mph are legal to own and drive.

And please, for the love of God, I hope that the proficiency standard to own a gun is much higher than it is to drive a car...lol.

Guns are regulated, more than cars......
That may depend on where you live.

In the Free State of Florida we don’t register our firearms. After July 1st we will not have to have a license to carry a concealed firearm. We can also carry a loaded firearm in our vehicle as long as it is “securely encased” (for example in a glove box).

Women are buying a lot of guns......they now make up 42% of gun ownership...

The number of women who own a gun is on the rise. A recent study from Harvard University shows that 42% of gun owners in the country are women. That’s a 14% rise over the last five years. The same study found nearly 3.5 million women became gun owners between January 2019 and April 2021.
-----

In the Harvard study, a quarter of the woman who own a firearm said self-defense was the reason they wanted to buy a gun. In another study from the female gun ownership group A Girl and A Gun, the women they surveyed gave many reasons. The top included the cultural upheaval in the Summer of 2020, the 2020 elections, lack of law enforcement resources, and uncertainty because of the pandemic.

“You are a person who has a life and you deserve to live it safely,” Suffecool said. “I love my children. I love my family. I want to protect them. Somebody is going to take a stand and I think it’s going to be me, so show me. Give me the tools.”

Dang! Here I thought it was dangerous when they drove a car with a standard transmission! ;)

Forum List

Back