Women buying guns...lots and lots of guns.....this is a good thing for them and our country.

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Women are buying a lot of guns......they now make up 42% of gun ownership...

The number of women who own a gun is on the rise. A recent study from Harvard University shows that 42% of gun owners in the country are women. That’s a 14% rise over the last five years. The same study found nearly 3.5 million women became gun owners between January 2019 and April 2021.
-----

In the Harvard study, a quarter of the woman who own a firearm said self-defense was the reason they wanted to buy a gun. In another study from the female gun ownership group A Girl and A Gun, the women they surveyed gave many reasons. The top included the cultural upheaval in the Summer of 2020, the 2020 elections, lack of law enforcement resources, and uncertainty because of the pandemic.

“You are a person who has a life and you deserve to live it safely,” Suffecool said. “I love my children. I love my family. I want to protect them. Somebody is going to take a stand and I think it’s going to be me, so show me. Give me the tools.”

Owning a gun and knowing what to do with it are two different things.

Do you think those that stockpile weapons and ammo will share with others if needed?
My wife has gone from shooting a 8 inch group at 7 yards with a 38 special revolver firing double action only to shooting a 4 inch group, firing 5 rounds in about 4 seconds. The odds of a successful attack against her have decreased significantly.

How about a fellow American?
It all depends on who that fellow American is. My buddy that lives down the road? Sure. The meth cook that lives a couple miles in the other direction, that always has Bandito MC clowns at his house? Eh, probably not...lol

In and SHTF scenario, they will probably the first to go.

and-intruder-wouldnt-try-to-disarm-this-woman-your-elected-representatives-promised-to-do-it-f...jpg

gun owners compensating 2.jpg

Do you think those that stockpile weapons and ammo will share with others if needed?

Yup. To good people. Not trolls, like you, though.

Women are buying a lot of guns......they now make up 42% of gun ownership...

The number of women who own a gun is on the rise. A recent study from Harvard University shows that 42% of gun owners in the country are women. That’s a 14% rise over the last five years. The same study found nearly 3.5 million women became gun owners between January 2019 and April 2021.
-----

In the Harvard study, a quarter of the woman who own a firearm said self-defense was the reason they wanted to buy a gun. In another study from the female gun ownership group A Girl and A Gun, the women they surveyed gave many reasons. The top included the cultural upheaval in the Summer of 2020, the 2020 elections, lack of law enforcement resources, and uncertainty because of the pandemic.

“You are a person who has a life and you deserve to live it safely,” Suffecool said. “I love my children. I love my family. I want to protect them. Somebody is going to take a stand and I think it’s going to be me, so show me. Give me the tools.”

Acquisition of weapons, irrespective of gender, without the requisite training is NOT a good thing in my opinion.

This is why we have two groups of gun owners, those die hard, don't trample on my rights 2nd amendment aficionados and those who are actually responsible gun owners who not only know the gun laws but practice gun safety.

You keep advocating for people having and using weapons even when they cause harm to others, that's terrible.

Acquisition of weapons, irrespective of gender, without the requisite training is NOT a good thing in my opinion.

This is why we have two groups of gun owners, those die hard, don't trample on my rights 2nd amendment aficionados and those who are actually responsible gun owners who not only know the gun laws but practice gun safety.

You keep advocating for people having and using weapons even when they cause harm to others, that's terrible.
Do you want to outlaw cars? Gun owners are way more responsible than the average motorist in this country.

I'm all for training. The government should fund training courses for people to take.

No, dipshit, I don't. What I know for a fact is that any attempt to create mandatory training will simply be used by anti-gun extremists to make the training so expensive and excessive that it limits the ability for the poor and others to own, and carry guns.......they use excessive fees and training requirements in Europe to limit ownership of the few guns they actually allow....

Since millions and millions of people have gone out, bought guns, our gun accident rates have not gone up.....our gun crime and gun murder rates are not due to people who own and carry guns for self defense......so you are pushing a problem that does not exist.

Why in the world would you want women unable to defend themselves against attackers?

No more so than humans stock piling food, dry goods or home heating fuel. What does your fucking question have to do with anything? Maybe the OP?

In the grand scheme more guns in the hands of the citizenry is a good thing.

Forum List

Back