Women buying guns...lots and lots of guns.....this is a good thing for them and our country.

Why in the world would you want women unable to defend themselves against attackers?
You know I never said I don't want women unable to defend themselves against attackers. But you know what I actually DON'T want but happens? A woman or anyone else who is being threatened and/or stalked or abused physically/emotionally/mentally by a criminal to arm themselves without first becoming familiar with the applicable laws of their state regarding EVERYTHING surrounding self-defense, particularly the part about not being the aggressor.

There have been far to many women who find themself the one arrested or incarcerated because it never occurred to them that if they bought and used a gun against their abuser and ALL of requisite conditions were not present for it it be deemed an indisputable self-defense situation, then they could end up in an equally bad if not worse situation.

Women who take up arms against their male abusers are traditionally punished much more harshly than when men kill their partners, even when the man has threatened to kill the woman repeatedly ad she was only seeking to defend herself.

I don't object to people being armed, I object to a bunch of dumb asses running around who haven't the slight clue what our laws say in connection to their being in possession of said weapon, let alone it's use.

You know I never said I don't want women unable to defend themselves against attackers. But you know what I actually DON'T want but happens? A woman or anyone else who is being threatened and/or stalked or abused physically/emotionally/mentally by a criminal to arm themselves without first becoming familiar with the applicable laws of their state regarding EVERYTHING surrounding self-defense, particularly the part about not being the aggressor.

There have been far to many women who find themself the one arrested or incarcerated because it never occurred to them that if they bought and used a gun against their abuser and ALL of requisite conditions were not present for it it be deemed an indisputable self-defense situation, then they could end up in an equally bad if not worse situation.

Women who take up arms against their male abusers are traditionally punished much more harshly than when men kill their partners, even when the man has threatened to kill the woman repeatedly ad she was only seeking to defend herself.

I don't object to people being armed, I object to a bunch of dumb asses running around who haven't the slight clue what our laws say in connection to their being in possession of said weapon, let alone it's use.
"Women who take up arms against their male abusers are traditionally punished much more harshly than when men kill their partners, even when the man has threatened to kill the woman repeatedly ad she was only seeking to defend herself."

I kinda doubt that, myself.

It all depends on who that fellow American is. My buddy that lives down the road? Sure. The meth cook that lives a couple miles in the other direction, that always has Bandito MC clowns at his house? Eh, probably not...lol

In and SHTF scenario, they will probably the first to go.
No they wouldn't. You'd end in jail and what good would that do. Dont mix you capabilities with your hatreds.

Owning a gun and knowing what to do with it are two different things.

Do you think those that stockpile weapons and ammo will share with others if needed?
I'm willing to share with everyone, although some folks will only get the lead.

"Women who take up arms against their male abusers are traditionally punished much more harshly than when men kill their partners, even when the man has threatened to kill the woman repeatedly ad she was only seeking to defend herself."

The "restraining order" is often the death warrant for women who seek it, and in many cases everyone knows it.

Owning a gun and knowing what to do with it are two different things.

Do you think those that stockpile weapons and ammo will share with others if needed?

I am curious about your post here.

You obviously did not mean yourself, as you say you will take care of your own.

But under what circumstances do you see a "need" to share firearms with those who did not prepare to take care of their own?

I am curious about your post here.

You obviously did not mean yourself, as you say you will take care of your own.

But under what circumstances do you see a "need" to share firearms with those who did not prepare to take care of their own?
I have enough ammo for the assorted firearms that I own. If my neighbor needed some, I would help. Simple. And yes, I am quite capable of taking care of myself. Who knows exactly why, when or where.

This topic has been on my radar for at least the last 25 years and if it hasn't been on yours then it's understandable you would not know of this. I suspect most people don't.
Women Serve Longer Prison Sentences After Killing Abusers

Forum List

Back