Woman who miscarried charged with a crime.

Rush Limbaugh used to call such stories a “See I told you so” moment.

Brittany Watts was still hooked to an IV, sick for almost a week from a potentially fatal miscarriage, when a detective from the Warren Police Department in Ohio stepped into her hospital room. He assured her that she wasn’t in any trouble.

For more than an hour, Detective Nick Carney interviewed Watts, 33, about the details of that morning and the whereabouts of the nearly 22-week-old fetus that was declared nonviable two days earlier. As Watts described miscarrying in her bathroom, a nurse at Mercy Health — St. Joseph Warren Hospital rubbed her shoulders and told her everything would be okay, Watts told The Washington Post in a series of text messages.

Two weeks later, Carney arrested Watts on charges of felony abuse of a corpse for how she handled the remains from her pregnancy. If indicted and found guilty, she faces up to a year in prison along with a fine of up to $2,500, her lawyer said.

If Republicans cared about the child half as much as they did the Fetus we would have free medical and the best funded schools in the world for the kids.

But they don’t care. Not even half as much.

The lessons learned. First. Never trust a Republican legislator. Second. Never trust a cop. Ever.
Yep. That's crooked.

Nope, you shouldn't sow distrust of our law enforcement for the behavior of one jackass who lied to a vulnerable mother who lost her child.

Yep. That's crooked.

Nope, you shouldn't sow distrust of our law enforcement for the behavior of one jackass who lied to a vulnerable mother who lost her child.

Police always lie. That is why every single lawyer will say never talk to the police.

The Catholics Would Give Last Rites to Used Condoms

To be consistent, the Christian mullahs would make funerals and burial for miscarriages a religious obligation. But they don't dare to, because it would reveal how silly and weird they are.
You can have a funeral or a going away party but you cannot dump human remains.

If you are a subject of their arrest, then they have to under penalty of perjury.
Nope. Only when put under oath by a judge in court do they have to tell the truth. An arrest does not impose an oath on any police officer. They will lie to you up one side and down the other.

Yep. That's crooked.

Good thing she said she didn't want it anyway. Saying she was a grieving mother is kind of empty. In any case, grief is not an excuse for abusing a corpse.

Nope. Only when put under oath by a judge in court do they have to tell the truth. An arrest does not impose an oath on any police officer. They will lie to you up one side and down the other.
they cant lie on a police report or other documentation since they sign their name confirming it as facts,,
but during questioning they can lie their asses off.,,

I did hear one state backed off a little for specific reasons,, cant remember what it was,,

they cant lie on a police report or other documentation since they sign their name confirming it as facts,,
but during questioning they can lie their asses off.,,

I did hear one state backed off a little for specific reasons,, cant remember what it was,,
They can, will and do lie to arrestees all the time.

thats what I said,,

but they cant lie on a police report or other documents,, that will get them in trouble if they get caught,,
That's what I was referring to. I see the detective shouldn't be condemned since he does what is allowed in his profession, but that the nurse who reported this woman should be fired and prosecuted for lying to the police.

That's what I was referring to. I see the detective shouldn't be condemned since he does what is allowed in his profession, but that the nurse who reported this woman should be fired and prosecuted for lying to the police.
I must have missed it,,
what did she lie about??

Forum List

Back