Woman who miscarried charged with a crime.

I must have missed it,,
what did she lie about??
She kept telling this poor woman that it was okay and there was nothing to worry about. She then reported her to police for "abuse of a corpse".

She indirectly lied to police by misleading this woman, I should say. Regardless, she should be fired.

That's what I was referring to. I see the detective shouldn't be condemned since he does what is allowed in his profession, but that the nurse who reported this woman should be fired and prosecuted for lying to the police.
She didn't lie to the police. The woman herself admitted to throwing the fetus in a bucket and putting it out in the backyard.

She didn't lie to the police. The woman herself admitted to throwing the fetus in a bucket and putting it out in the backyard.

So this changes things. If she told the nurse that she did that, that is abuse of a corpse. Watts is denying that, of course, but who do you believe in such a politically tainted situation? OP says believe the woman, for A) Being a woman suffering from the Roe decision, and B) probably for being black and part of a racial demographic that is claimed to be disproportionately affected by the decision.

The other side says believe the Nurse and the police. The thing that gets me here is that the report by the nurse about Watts' statements has not been corroborated. Not. You have a nurse making the claim Watts made those statements. And then you have where the fetus was found, in the toilet pipes. That goes directly against what the nurse claimed in her report. Something is afoot with this nurse. How could the fetus be in the pipes but not in the bucket like the nurse is claiming Watts did?

So this changes things. If she told the nurse that she did that, that is abuse of a corpse. Watts is denying that, of course, but who do you believe in such a politically tainted situation? OP says believe the woman, for A) Being a woman suffering from the Roe decision, and B) probably for being black and part of a racial demographic that is claimed to be disproportionately affected by the decision.

The other side says believe the Nurse and the police. The thing that gets me here is that the report by the nurse about Watts' statements has not been corroborated. Not. You have a nurse making the claim Watts made those statements. And then you have where the fetus was found, in the toilet pipes. That goes directly against what the nurse claimed in her report. Something is afoot with this nurse. How could the fetus be in the pipes but not in the bucket like the nurse is claiming Watts did?
I think youre over thinking it,,

we may never know all the details but I doubt shes going to be railroaded knowing what we do know,,

Umm, Watts is the source for both stories.

I have been known to overthink. I'd rather be accused of that than the opposite.
I am curious about the claim the hospital made her wait because they were concerned about legal issue,,

she was a pregnant women in distress sitting in their lobby that after refused treatment went home and miscarried,,

that looks like a civil case to me,,

the only concern is the dead babys body,, the nurse had nothing to do with that
Fair enough. Just wondering about the discrepancy in the fetus' location at the time investigators found it. Finding it in the pipes suggests to me Watts tried to flush it down the commode. If that's the case (and I do say IF), the charges against her are justified.

Fair enough. Just wondering about the discrepancy in the fetus' location at the time investigators found it. Finding it in the pipes suggests to me Watts tried to flush it down the commode. If that's the case (and I do say IF), the charges against her are justified.
sounds like they found it in both places,,
the way I read it she scooped out what she couldnt flush and put it in a bucket and left it outback,,,,

In sum, this case is one big, fat, giant, colossal clusterf**k. Someone is not telling the truth between Watts and the nurse. Whoever it is needs to be punished nonetheless.

Not necessarily. Could be Watts lied to police about putting remains in a bucket. But it could also be she wasn't lying. She said she pulled out remains that were clogging the toilet. Could be she pulled out other things but not the baby, but thought it was the baby.

sounds like they found it in both places,,
the way I read it she scooped out what she couldnt flush and put it in a bucket and left it outback,,,,
Ahhh. That makes sense. Watts may have thought she scooped the fetus into the bucket, she unknowingly tried to flush it.

Regardless... how could Watts not recognize the shape and form of a human fetus? We are hardwired to recognize the shape of a face, living or recently dead. It's called facial perception.

Either she is truly dumb, insane, blind, or she knew exactly what she was doing. I'm beginning to think the charges will stand.

See my post 230 for detail.
At the time Watts told the nurse she didn't want a child. Now she's grieving the loss of her baby.
She committed a crime. Felony abuse of a corpse. She should claim she was confused and ask for mercy.

The actual Ohio statute is Section 3705.20 - Ohio Revised Code | Ohio Laws

We didn't call 911 for our parents. Thats stupid.
Who did you call? Some people just call the funeral home. If you buried the bodies in the garden you broke the law.

When my ex husband died, at home, the police came and notified the coroner who took custody of the body.

See my post 230 for detail.
At the time Watts told the nurse she didn't want a child. Now she's grieving the loss of her baby.
She committed a crime. Felony abuse of a corpse. She should claim she was confused and ask for mercy.

The actual Ohio statute is Section 3705.20 - Ohio Revised Code | Ohio Laws
Fair enough.

(Reads post 230)

Well, that does it. Watts, regardless of the stress she was in from the miscarriage, committed a crime. Funny how someone with an open mind can change their opinion to suit the facts.

The OP and any subsequent liberal posters supporting her can spare me, you and, prog hunter the heartstrings argument.

She kept telling this poor woman that it was okay and there was nothing to worry about. She then reported her to police for "abuse of a corpse".

She indirectly lied to police by misleading this woman, I should say. Regardless, she should be fired.
Of course she should not be fired. For one thing, she was absolutely correct. As far as the miscarriage itself goes, the woman had nothing to worry about. She was not facing any criminal charge. It was for abusing the corpse. The woman may not have known such a crime existed.

Forum List

Back