With all the spill over of savagery from inner cities into the burbs, i figure that i should arm up with some power. Taurus .357 magnum. For free...

The defense attorneys are allowed to reject a grand total of three jurors, after that, they have to accept the others.
Many years ago, in Minneapolis, my nephew was up in the bedroom with his wife late at night when they heard a noise, he grabbed his firearm, and walked down the stairs where he encountered two figures in the dark, he shot both of them. When the law arrived, they found two teenagers, dead and unarmed. My nephew served eight years in prison for that.
Factual story.

So what do you suggest a person should do if someone invades their home?

So what do you suggest a person should do if someone invades their home?
I can only speak for myself.
Obviously, I would have dialed 911 and in the meantime, if I'm not being physically attacked, I would try to retreat. However, if being attacked, I would feel I would have no choice to defend myself. If no firearm is shown, use items at hand, fight dirty. If they do have a firearm, use a firearm, which in my case I do have shooting becomes necessary. The issue regarding my nephew was that the teens were unarmed, and he shot them.

I can only speak for myself.
Obviously, I would have dialed 911 and in the meantime, if I'm not being physically attacked, I would try to retreat. However, if being attacked, I would feel I would have no choice to defend myself. If no firearm is shown, use items at hand, fight dirty. If they do have a firearm, use a firearm, which in my case I do have shooting becomes necessary. The issue regarding my nephew was that the teens were unarmed, and he shot them.

A couple of points.

#1 - I didn't say I would call 911. I said I would call 811. Because I am going to have to dig a hole. (It was a joke)

#2 - I will try and walk away from a confrontation if I am out in the world. But in my own home? No. They should walk away, or even run. It is my HOME. I will protect it and the loved ones in it. I will not leave them to the whim or mercy of an obvious criminal.

#3 - If I have to fight it will always be dirty. There are few reasons worth fighting for. But they are worth fighting to win. I am not going to box or whatever. I am going to do my absolute best to put them in the hospital as quickly as possible.

#4 - If someone is in my home late at night, for my safety I will assume they are armed and respond accordingly. Especially if it is dark. I have no problem shooting first.

So i have a Cabela's credit card and i use it like cash, purchasing gas and other things on it, so after a while i build up enough points to use towards a weapon of choice. So Bass Pro Shops down in Daytona had the weapon i wanted and all it cost me was a little time for a background check. You know those things that have to be done so the weapon doesnt end up in the hands of some mentally insane who will go out and harm innocent people. Here is the weapon. No magazines of death, just 7 shots. With my points i paid nothing.....

View attachment 790267
Wrong.

Rural areas are considerably more violent than cities.

You need to protect yourself from your fellow violent, lawless conservatives.

Wrong choice on revolver as well – Taurus is hit or miss at best, and it’s not made in America.

For not much more you can buy a GP 100 – better yet, a Smith 586/686.

I have both; the Ruger is a fine revolver but the 686 has a much better trigger and is worth the price.

A step up from both would be a Python; prices are coming down – I purchased a 4.25 in. version online for $1200, best DA trigger in the price range. CZ has done a great job with the re-issue of the Python.

Wrong.

You need to protect yourself from your fellow violent, lawless conservatives.

Wrong choice on revolver as well – Taurus is hit or miss at best, and it’s not made in America.

For not much more you can buy a GP 100 – better yet, a Smith 586/686.

I have both; the Ruger is a fine revolver but the 686 has a much better trigger and is worth the price.

A step up from both would be a Python; prices are coming down – I purchased a 4.25 in. version online for $1200, best DA trigger in the price range. CZ has done a great job with the re-issue of the Python.

This is a lie…..there is no way rural areas are more violent than the democrat run cities….

Forum List

Back