With all the spill over of savagery from inner cities into the burbs, i figure that i should arm up with some power. Taurus .357 magnum. For free...

So i have a Cabela's credit card and i use it like cash, purchasing gas and other things on it, so after a while i build up enough points to use towards a weapon of choice. So Bass Pro Shops down in Daytona had the weapon i wanted and all it cost me was a little time for a background check. You know those things that have to be done so the weapon doesnt end up in the hands of some mentally insane who will go out and harm innocent people. Here is the weapon. No magazines of death, just 7 shots. With my points i paid nothing.....

View attachment 790267
If you were a safe gun owner, you would welcome checks that hopefully prevented the wrong people buying guns.

If you were a safe gun owner, you would welcome checks that hopefully prevented the wrong people buying guns.

They don't prevent the wrong people from buying them, and are simply used. to keep normal people from buying them.....

You never address the actual point that criminals ignore background checks and either steal their guns, or use straw buyers, people who can pass any background check, to get their illegal guns.

If the democrat party would stop attacking the police, would stop releasing violent gun offenders over and over again, and would stop dissolving our southern border.....our gun crime rates would drop 95%.......

You have the wrong solution to a problem created by the democrat party.

How do you stop the flow of illegal guns and drugs coming across the southern border?

How does his own country of Britain stop the increasing flow of illegal guns into Britain?

He lives on a freaking island and they can't stop illegal guns getting to their drug gangs..........

Gun smuggling

The prevalence of firearm offences is also partially to do with gun smuggling, experts say. Firearms can now be hired for as little as £100 around the UK and can be acquired in “less than a day”, reported the i news site’s investigations correspondent Dean Kirby.

According to Dr Robert Hesketh, a criminology expert at Liverpool John Moores University, it is “relatively easy” to get hold of a firearm in many cities.

“A MAC-10 will cost about £3,000, an MP5 £3,000,” Hesketh said. “These are automatic weapons. Another gun doing the rounds a few years ago and possibly now was a Desert Eagle, for about £500. It isn’t hard, put it that way.”

There is also an option to rent a weapon – with criminals borrowing firearms for short periods. “You can get one possibly for £100 to £150 if you know the right people,” Hesketh said.

While it is working to cut off supplies to the UK, the National Crime Agency has seen a “gradual increase” in the use of fully automatic weapons.

Some of the weapons used are deactivated or blank-firing devices, which are being bought in eastern Europe, where they are legal and unrestricted. They are then illegally reactivated by criminals before being transported to the UK, Kirby said.

Guns can also be bought on the dark web, and stolen, lawfully bought guns have also ended up being used in shootings. On the messaging app Telegram The Sunday Times found firearms advertised for sale from £400.

In 2019/20, the National Crime Agency seized 552 illegal firearms in the UK and abroad. The UK Border Force, meanwhile, picked up 2,600 lethal and non-lethal firearms in the year to September 2020.
======
======

Police struggle to stop flood of firearms into UK

Police
and border officials are struggling to stop a rising supply of illegal firearms being smuggled into Britain, a senior police chief has warned.

Chief constable Andy Cooke, the national police lead for serious and organised crime, said law enforcement had seen an increased supply of guns over the past year, and feared that it would continue in 2019

The Guardian has learned that the situation is so serious that the National Crime Agency has taken the rare step of using its legal powers to direct every single police force to step up the fight against illegal guns.

The NCA has used tasking powers to direct greater intelligence about firearms to be gathered by all 43 forces in England and Wales.

Another senior law enforcement official said that “new and clean” weapons were now being used in the majority of shootings, as opposed to guns once being so difficult to obtain that they would be “rented out” to be used in multiple crimes.

Cooke, the Merseyside chief constable, told the Guardian: “We in law enforcement expect the rise in new firearms to continue. We are doing all we can. We are not in a position to stop it anytime soon.

“Law enforcement is more joined up now than before, but the scale of the problem is such that despite a number of excellent firearms seizures, I expect the rise in supply to be a continuing issue.”

The increasing supply of guns belies problems with UK border security and innovations by organised crime gangs. Smugglers have increasingly found new ways and innovative routes to get guns past border defences.

Cooke said that the dynamics of the streets of British cities had changed and that criminals were more willing to use guns: “If they bring them in people will buy them. It’s a kudos thing for organised criminals.”

Simon Brough, head of firearms at the NCA, said: “The majority of guns being used are new, clean firearms ... which indicates a relatively fluid supply.”

He said shotguns were 40% of the total, with an increase in burglaries to try and steal them.

Handguns are the next biggest category, most often smuggled in from overseas, with ferry ports such as Dover being a popular entry point into the UK for organised crime groups:

==========

Why is gun crime on the rise? | The Week UK

Jesus Christ, dude. A fucking Taurus?!? It sounds like you are a virgin, trying to stick your dick in a chick’s ear because you don’t know any better. Or maybe you are just cheap and have no class. I don’t know.

I feel great shame for you, my friend. You should always go with Smith for a revolver (Ruger if you are short of cash or load your own ammo).

Jesus Christ, dude. A fucking Taurus?!? It sounds like you are a virgin, trying to stick your dick in a chick’s ear because you don’t know any better. Or maybe you are just cheap and have no class. I don’t know.

I feel great shame for you, my friend. You should always go with Smith for a revolver (Ruger if you are short of cash or load your own ammo).

The Taurus revolvers are high quality.

The Taurus revolvers are high quality.

A guy I know had a Taurus Titanium Tracker .41 magnum that he ordered from a local shop Kaboom on him.....Lucky for him he was not hurt but the gun was a mess. The top of the cylinder and top strap of the frame were gone.

When asked for a replacement Taurus tried to claim he was using handloads but the shop owner told them that he bought three boxes of factory Remington .41 mag when he bought the gun, it Kaboomed on the second cylinder full.

Taurus paid to have the revolver and the box of ammo that he used out of shipped to them.....They never said anything else and about a month later a new revolver showed-up. The guy put it on consignment then and there.

That and I've seen Model 85 snubbies out of time new in the box.

Perhaps they have upped their game on quality control but no, no Taurus revolvers for me.

A guy I know had a Taurus Titanium Tracker .41 magnum that he ordered from a local shop Kaboom on him.....Lucky for him he was not hurt but the gun was a mess. The top of the cylinder and top strap of the frame were gone.

When asked for a replacement Taurus tried to claim he was using handloads but the shop owner told them that he bought three boxes of factory Remington .41 mag when he bought the gun, it Kaboomed on the second cylinder full.

Taurus paid to have the revolver and the box of ammo that he used out of shipped to them.....They never said anything else and about a month later a new revolver showed-up. The guy put it on consignment then and there.

That and I've seen Model 85 snubbies out of time new in the box.

Perhaps they have upped their game on quality control but no, no Taurus revolvers for me.

Personally I never buy a gun that isnt top of the line.
While yes a top of the line gun could still fail the odds are it wont.
The only gun I ever had that failed to function was a Remington .270 given to me by my father in law.
It didnt happen all the time but occasionally you'd rack the bolt and the trigger would lock up.
First time it happened I was aiming at a deer and the trigger refused to budge. Turns out this was a known defect and I had it fixed and it never happened again.
Guns are dangerous enough and I sure as hell dont want to add another possible danger like it blowing up in my face.

So i have a Cabela's credit card and i use it like cash, purchasing gas and other things on it, so after a while i build up enough points to use towards a weapon of choice. So Bass Pro Shops down in Daytona had the weapon i wanted and all it cost me was a little time for a background check. You know those things that have to be done so the weapon doesnt end up in the hands of some mentally insane who will go out and harm innocent people. Here is the weapon. No magazines of death, just 7 shots. With my points i paid nothing.....

View attachment 790267
No matter what firearm is purchased, to prepare for its use, practice, practice, practice. Also, check with the range management to see if there is any "tactical training" done in the area. If an armed intruder breaks into your home, it is imperative to hit the intruder and not miss. A .357 magnum round can go through your wall and a neighbor's wall and hit an innocent person and then you end up going to prison for that.

No matter what firearm is purchased, to prepare for its use, practice, practice, practice. Also, check with the range management to see if there is any "tactical training" done in the area. If an armed intruder breaks into your home, it is imperative to hit the intruder and not miss. A .357 magnum round can go through your wall and a neighbor's wall and hit an innocent person and then you end up going to prison for that.
Which is why if the firearm is intended and loaded for in home protection you should use frangible rounds in it. But keep a speed loader or strip with hollow point for use should there be more secure conditions for firing.

View attachment 790267
First pistol I bought, little over 30 years ago now, was a Taurus .357. Came with a competition/match trigger so has a lite pull. I twas used and previous owner had that trigger installed. I've gotten good use out of it and it tends to be a favorite of mine and fellow shooters whom have tried it. I tend to practice with .38 Special which also fit in it. Fairly stout piece of iron in my experience, but then maybe 30+ years ago they had better quality.

It's my preferred go to for home defense and I have it loaded in 5 of the six cylinders with frangible hollow point. I leave first cylinder empty as a form of safety should someone else be handling it, try to fire it. Also have gotten some shot shells for smaller varmint usage.

Thats a big improvement!!
My question would be why are they so much cheaper than an S&W?
My S&W 10mm 610-3 was just over $1K which is far higher than a Taurus in .357.

S&W is overpriced, IMO.

Personally, I'm a Ruger guy. Top quality, relatively fair prices, and the best customer service overall. I had a minor issue with a Ruger revolver (the cylinder timing seemed a little off). Sent it to their customer service, and they gave me the option of waiting for it to be repaired or sending me a new gun, no questions asked. Easy choice, and the gun I sent them was >5 years old at the time.

S&W is overpriced, IMO.

Personally, I'm a Ruger guy. Top quality, relatively fair prices, and the best customer service overall. I had a minor issue with a Ruger revolver (the cylinder timing seemed a little off). Sent it to their customer service, and they gave me the option of waiting for it to be repaired or sending me a new gun, no questions asked. Easy choice, and the gun I sent them was >5 years old at the time.

Cant complain about customer service like that.
But I'll stick with S&W in a revolver. I've never had to send one back at all.

S&W is overpriced, IMO.

I have only had occasion to use Ruger's customer service twice in all the years I have owned them. And once was for a repair for something I had done. They were on the ball and got everything perfect.

Forum List

Back