Wisconsin GOP advances measure that would make state first to drug test for health benefits

Do you think folks on the dole should be drug tested like the working folks who pay the taxes?

• Yes. I work and pay taxes so the deadbeat can live off the fat of the land.

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • No, because if they do drug test I'll fail and then lose my free stuff.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
MADISON - Wisconsin could become the first state in the nation to require needy but able-bodied adults to work and submit to drug tests to qualify for public health coverage, under a proposal advanced by lawmakers Thursday.

Republicans on the Legislature’s budget committee outvoted Democrats 12-4 to approve these provisions in Gov. Scott Walker’s budget along with the bill's requirement that some parents on food stamps work in order to receive benefits.

Wisconsin GOP advances measure that would make state first to drug test for health benefits
Great idea. Politicians holding office should also be drug tested.
They claim it violates their constitutional rights. Notice how they have rights, but not citizens..
I drug test for my job. They should too. So should welfare recipients. Oh and I have to show ID for that job, and to cash the checks. Voters should do the same.
I think employee drug tests should be up to the employer. And with plants like marijuana being federally illegal our drug laws are a joke anyways....

MADISON - Wisconsin could become the first state in the nation to require needy but able-bodied adults to work and submit to drug tests to qualify for public health coverage, under a proposal advanced by lawmakers Thursday.

Republicans on the Legislature’s budget committee outvoted Democrats 12-4 to approve these provisions in Gov. Scott Walker’s budget along with the bill's requirement that some parents on food stamps work in order to receive benefits.

They claim it violates their constitutional rights. Notice how they have rights, but not citizens..
I drug test for my job. They should too. So should welfare recipients. Oh and I have to show ID for that job, and to cash the checks. Voters should do the same.
I think employee drug tests should be up to the employer. And with plants like marijuana being federally illegal our drug laws are a joke anyways....
/----- If you had kids, would you want their school bus driver drug tested for pot? I'm guessing employees at a marijuana farm would all fail.

I agree. And since we are the politicians employers I vote they get drug tested.

Just like they will always have healthcare and the rest of us can fend for ourselves.
It's always been that way....Ever since the nation started..

/----- If you had kids, would you want their school bus driver drug tested for pot? I'm guessing employees at a marijuana farm would all fail.
I do have kids and I do think that's a job that should require a drug test. Should the cashier at mcdonalds lose her job for smoking pot? No.

Randomly and without warning!

Just like they will always have healthcare and the rest of us can fend for ourselves.
Looks like it was pretty good until 1855. I wonder what happened then.

I do have kids and I do think that's a job that should require a drug test. Should the cashier at mcdonalds lose her job for smoking pot? No.
Why not?

How about your airline pilot? :)

Looks like it was pretty good until 1855. I wonder what happened then.
They realised that they were just plain old humans..

That should also include the state reps who get their healthcare provided by taxpayers .
Agreed. Less black Democrats in the state's houses.

Surprised you don't think it's racist.

More white people are on drugs than blacks. Whites get probation. Blacks are jailed.

Drug addiction is an illness, like alcoholism. Given that opioid abuse is higher among whites, I guess Republicans are planning on using the Philippine solution Trump was praising last week: roving bands of vigilantes murdering drug addicts with impunity.

Wanna get rid of someone in the Phillipines? Spread a rumour they're a drug addict. The police or some guy on a scooter will gun him down and you'll be rid of him. No arrest. No due process. Just a bullet in the head. And Trump thinks this is a good thing.

Why not?
Because it's harmless and should be legal anyways. It wouldn't endanger anyone she is not driving children or operating heavy machinery.. I think drug tests should be up to the employers.

Transplants have been denied to pot smokers, yet, if you be an athlete alcoholic, that won't stop you from getting a new liver..

Not enough choices in poll. I'm not drug addicted but I don't believe in drug testing people unless we start drug testing politicians also.

I do have kids and I do think that's a job that should require a drug test.

A school bus driver MUST possess a Commercial Drives License with the proper endorsement, and according to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations, they must get an annual drug test, and a random drug test may be taken at, I think, every 3 months. Also a drug test can be taken at any time at the behest of the employer, if involved in a traffic accident, or a law enforcement officer deems necessary. (I possess a class "A" CDL)

I agree that a person seeking government assistance should be subject to a drug test, and if approved, subject to annual, plus random, alcohol and/or drug testing. I don't want my taxes going toward supporting their addiction, or repeated stints in rehab. If they are users, they must be clean/sober for 12 consecutive months before they are eligible to receive government assistance.

As for straight up health care, people should be drug tested, and if found to be a user, charged as if they have a preexisting condition and put in the high risk category. Alcohol users should be tested initially, and if a doctor deems them to be an abuser, be subject to the same costs as a drug user.

Forum List

Back