Windows 10 is causing me much stress and anxiety

I fully updated the end of March
I passed on updates from ( April - June )
Now I cannot use my comp until I update

I read those 3 months have some big flaws like blue screen of death and etc on up to 10 percent of comp

This is my last computer I will ever buy with Microsoft
I am even thinking about switching to Google Chrome Comp if it allows Microsoft word

I am by nature a stressed guy !!

Should I plunge in on Sunday and take the risk with updates or just disconnect the modem
??
Thx
It's not as bad as many make it out to be though it is bad for a few.
Questions;
How old is your computer?
What operating system is currently on it? Windows 7? Vista? XP?
Do you know how to back up your files and browser settings? (It's not hard)
It’s windows 10 and it’s brand new
I bought the HP pavilion only in 2017
O my..@ Walmart?
Man, I don't even wanna know.
You can build your own computer if you want to. :dunno:
I can run Lubuntu on a 32GB microSD and get to here. No hard drives, no nothing.
1 $3 converter stick and one $12 32GB microSD

I read those 3 months have some big flaws like blue screen of death and etc on up to 10 percent of comp

I am even thinking about switching to Google Chrome Comp if it allows Microsoft word

Should I plunge in on Sunday and take the risk with updates or just disconnect the modem
??
Thx
Questions;
Then what problem are you having? Is it just a simple update that you're worried about? If it screws up you can always revert back to before the update was installed.

I am worried about blue screen of death etc
I am very ocd about a few things
I assume the odds of having a problem is only 5-10 percent
Your odds of having that problem on such a relatively new computer are more like -90%....... That's lower than 0 by the way......... :eusa_whistle:

I have to install updates for 3 months ??
How long
How long what?
Will the updates take ??
Should I wait until after patch Tues
You should find a more stable Operating System.

Rule #1
Updates R bad...mmmK?

??
Thx
Questions;
Then what problem are you having? Is it just a simple update that you're worried about? If it screws up you can always revert back to before the update was installed.

Your odds of having that problem on such a relatively new computer are more like -90%....... That's lower than 0 by the way......... :eusa_whistle:

How long
How long what?
Will the updates take ??
Depends, I'd do it when I go to bed

??
Thx
Questions;

How long
How long what?
Will the updates take ??
Depends, I'd do it when I go to bed
I'd turn updates off last year. ;)

I'm getting that.

Maybe you should stay away from computers.

309236516-H.jpg

Why does Microsoft have to have new updates every 10 days
I think every 12 months is good
Yeah, let's not exaggerate........ Feature updates happen twice a year, other updates including security updates happen once a month. On rare occasions there are important updates to fix security holes that happen as soon as the fix can be made and distributed.
More like the NSA collects info as often as they see fit

Yeah, let's not exaggerate........ Feature updates happen twice a year, other updates including security updates happen once a month. On rare occasions there are important updates to fix security holes that happen as soon as the fix can be made and distributed.
Yup, they have half the population reading everything the other half of the population does online....... :rolleyes:

Surrender to the Borg and update. Resistance is useless. If you want Word you could go Linux and Libre Office which will allow you to save files in Word format. But really, lie back, go with the flow, let Microsoft have its wicked way with you...

I may tomorrow or next Sunday
I am going to have a stroke
I will never get any Microsoft again.
Load either Manjaro or Mint to get started,It will ask you to istall bedide Windoze or erase disk/use whole disk. do the former and the loader will divide the disk reasonably. Upon startup you'll simply select which OS to open.If you're a competent MS Word/Excel etc operator You'll pick up the similarities with a quickness in Libre Office writer.Then install and open Open Abi word and have a toss at it.
screenshots follow
Heres Abi word

Screenshot from 2020-07-11 20-43-58.png

Lemme reboot to Mint....This is Sparky Linux...30 seconds

Heres the package installer. There are hundreds of packages in this office section alone. 2 click installation. DONE

usmb.png

Yup, they have half the population reading everything the other half of the population does online....... :rolleyes:
Actually they store everything for possible future use

Surrender to the Borg and update. Resistance is useless. If you want Word you could go Linux and Libre Office which will allow you to save files in Word format. But really, lie back, go with the flow, let Microsoft have its wicked way with you...

I may tomorrow or next Sunday
I am going to have a stroke
I will never get any Microsoft again.
Load either Manjaro or Mint to get started,It will ask you to istall bedide Windoze or erase disk/use whole disk. do the former and the loader will divide the disk reasonably. Upon startup you'll simply select which OS to open.If you're a competent MS Word/Excel etc operator You'll pick up the similarities with a quickness in Libre Office writer.Then install and open Open Abi word and have a toss at it.
screenshots follow
Heres Abi word

View attachment 362295

Lemme reboot to Mint....This is Sparky Linux...30 seconds
He's a typical user which means he knows how to power it up, he knows how to get online and maybe play some games. Let's hope he doesn't think the optical drive is a cup holder..........
Now you're gonna have him download the OS, burn an ISO (download Rufus if burning to a thumb drive), guide him through the set up which means getting into BIOs (Windows 10) then configure everything to his tastes.......... Oh and install Restricted Extras, use Terminal to complete the full libdvdlss install, etc......... Sudo apt what?

Yeah........ Right.......

Where you been the NSA records every phone call, then when someone becomes a suspect in 10 years they have an entire call history.

This is old news

Where you been the NSA records every phone call, then when someone becomes a suspect in 10 years they have an entire call history.

This is old news
Look, the NSA software looks for "key words and phrases" otherwise they don't care and no one ever sees it. Do they record EVERYTHING? Other than in the mind of conspiracy theorists NO ONE has the capability to do that, too many gaps in the system.

New Topics

Forum List

Back