Windows 10 is causing me much stress and anxiety

That look way better than my 2017 Pavillion

Well, it ought to. Here's the last PC I bought, it was an HP, considered one of the top PC brands and it had Win 7 in it with an I7 processor, the then latest and greatest. It looks like something a geek built in his garage slapped together with parts from a dozen different companies! And that is exactly what it is! Just like the hodge podge Windows operating software. A patch on top of a kludge.

I returned it within a week to get a full refund when I saw the childlike GUI of Win 7 and that I'd have to spend the first month owning it becoming a Windows expert just to try to get all the bugs out of it to try to make it work well. PCs and Windows only sell to the masses because they are CHEAP & AFFORDABLE. They are like Al Bundy's old Dodge, you can make them work but they need constant supervision, upkeep and maintenance.

View attachment 362670

I replaced it with this:

View attachment 362671

Not even a single wire in sight. Professionally engineered top to bottom from the power supply on up by Apple including the OS to be a synergetic SYSTEM. 4 Hitachi server grade hard drives each costing almost as much as you can buy a PC for, everything slides out on trays, everything is direct connect, the big silver box at bottom is actually the Nahelem CPU-- -- I can actually pull one of the hard drives out while the computer is running and not only not hurt anything, but not even lose a bit of data. The whole computer could actually crash during a WRITE operation and I'd STILL not lose any data! Not even if the power failed! Best of all, I haven't had a bit of an issue with viruses or malware and I don't even run an anti-viral program! Oh, and, I can run multiple OS's and users at once including a virtual PC which I run for certain software not available for a Mac.

Computer is nearing 10 years old now and still looks and works like new, I just updated to OSX El Capitan for free a couple years ago. How many PCs have you burned through in ten years? Home PCs are toys in comparison. They arrive broke, designed with obsolescence built in and meant to be thrown away every few years.

You get what you pay more.
LOL no wires means it is that much harder to change the drive. However the dopes who buy apple can't actually do that anyway.

I can put 6 drives in my computer which by the way I built including the 6 core chip with dual pipelines that the software treats as a 12 core chip

Yawn, please buy more

c904417eaf94f4d63a3c3d6e134c1adc.png

I own Apple, you own an overpriced pile of slop. But please buy another as it does my portfolio wonders
Yeah, I always get that from devoted, invested PC hacks eager to put down, envious of a machine that they know they can never afford. But that's OK, Sally, I won't need to buy another, as this thing will run and kick any PC's ass you'll ever own for another ten years until they come out with affordable quantum computing.

Keep installing those Microsoft patches. Besides owning Apple my good man, you just helped to buy Bill Gates a new house. :laughing0301:

I own Apple, you own an overpriced pile of slop. But please buy another as it does my portfolio wonders
Yeah, I always get that from devoted, invested PC hacks eager to put down, envious of a machine that they know they can never afford. But that's OK, Sally, I won't need to buy another, as this thing will run and kick any PC's ass you'll ever own for another ten years until they come out with affordable quantum computing.

Keep installing those Microsoft patches. Besides owning Apple my good man, you just helped to buy Bill Gates a new house. :laughing0301:
My cpu alone cost more at the time it was new than your toy

LOL no wires means it is that much harder to change the drive.
Dummass, no wires means much shorter, more reliable, less reactive, faster and more direct connections between parts. To change a drive, all I do is push a button, it releases and slides right out. Can't you even see that plainly shown in the photo? It helps to be able to SEE if you ever want to be a competent computer tech.

BTW, Ace, it doesn't matter how many drives you CAN put in your computer, but how many you ACTUALLY DO. I ACTUALLY run four server grade 2TB HDDs as one virtual drive plus another two external RAIDED as a single 6 TB drive. The four internal are RAID 5. That's a total storage capacity of about 14 TB with a working RAID capacity of nearly 6TB, fully mirrored, run by a professional grade CPU.

Dream on small man, take your pathetic shots, I love it; -- -- the reason why Apple stock is soaring is because they make superior products. Way superior.

But then, if you really owned Apple, you'd already know that. :laugh2:

LOL no wires means it is that much harder to change the drive.
Dummass, no wires means much shorter, more reliable, less reactive, faster and more direct connections between parts. To change a drive, all I do is push a button, it releases and slides right out. Can't you even see that plainly shown in the photo? It helps to be able to SEE if you ever want to be a competent computer tech.

BTW, Ace, it doesn't matter how many drives you CAN put in your computer, but how many you ACTUALLY DO. I ACTUALLY run four server grade 2TB HDDs as one virtual drive plus another two external RAIDED as a single 6 TB drive. The four internal are RAID 5. That's a total storage capacity of about 14 TB with a working RAID capacity of nearly 6TB, fully mirrored, run by a professional grade CPU.

Dream on small man, take your pathetic shots, I love it; -- -- the reason why Apple stock is soaring is because they make superior products. Way superior.

But then, if you really owned Apple, you'd already know that. :laugh2:
OK genius now explain exactly how much faster a drive loads the ram with 4 inch wires instead of 8 inch wires.

My guess would be about 2.5 microseconds every millennium

Yawn, the fact is the apple is built not to be serviced which decreases lifespan...................

Right now running 4 iMacs.
1 recent purchase - fast but I'm stopping at OSX 10.14 because the newest version has features I neither need nor want.
1 2008 MacBook Air. Sadly slow but rock solid and still great for travel, doing local internet traffic and backing up photos from digital camera
1 2009 iMac left at 10.12 as the updgrades offered nothing of value to the purposes for which it's used.
1 2008 iMac, bought for $200 used and upgraded to 10.12 - all that's needed for the audio application. Not as fast as I might like but adequate to audio editing in a tiny studio.

Only failure was a 2011 27-inch iMac - board failure that was easily replaced with a used one but that replacement was far too slow and it was cheaper to just buy the used one. Contrary to crap you may read diagnosis was simple with a free phone call to Apple. Plenty of parts (sometimes aftermarket, sometimes used) online and replacement is easy though I had to buy a $9.00 set of special screwdrivers and a couple of glass-repair type suction cups to get into the case.

Over the years my needs outgrew two of the "football" iMacs and one Mini so I passed them on to people who couldn't afford any at all. Got them somewhat educated and all are still in service though their internet performance I would find maddening. Since it's all they ever had they're happy.

Please, if you outgrow an older iMac seek out someone who can use it. but equally "please" do not burden any innocent with an outgrown PC. Unless you really hate them or they're a liberal who will lap it up 'cause it's FREE!

OK genius now explain exactly how much faster a drive loads the ram with 4 inch wires instead of 8 inch wires.
You're obviously a twit who doesn't understand the first thing about circuit design, circuit layout, the problem that reactance poses at higher and higher data rates and have obviously never used a SPICE engine not to mention the unreliability issues with loose wires and connectors.

BOTTOM LINE: Just another jackass desperately trying to prove the worth and justification for his own PC that never quite works and requires constant fixing.

Guess you missed the part where Microsoft released an out of schedule update fixing those errors......., a month ago....... I'm starting to wonder if you're that stupid or just trolling..........
How do I get the out of schedule update
Windows key, type "services.msc"
Disable BITS and Windows Update.

That look way better than my 2017 Pavillion

Well, it ought to. Here's the last PC I bought, it was an HP, considered one of the top PC brands and it had Win 7 in it with an I7 processor, the then latest and greatest. It looks like something a geek built in his garage slapped together with parts from a dozen different companies! And that is exactly what it is! Just like the hodge podge Windows operating software. A patch on top of a kludge.

I returned it within a week to get a full refund when I saw the childlike GUI of Win 7 and that I'd have to spend the first month owning it becoming a Windows expert just to try to get all the bugs out of it to try to make it work well. PCs and Windows only sell to the masses because they are CHEAP & AFFORDABLE. They are like Al Bundy's old Dodge, you can make them work but they need constant supervision, upkeep and maintenance.

View attachment 362670

I replaced it with this:

View attachment 362671

Not even a single wire in sight. Professionally engineered top to bottom from the power supply on up by Apple including the OS to be a synergetic SYSTEM. 4 Hitachi server grade hard drives each costing almost as much as you can buy a PC for, everything slides out on trays, everything is direct connect, the big silver box at bottom is actually the Nahelem CPU-- -- I can actually pull one of the hard drives out while the computer is running and not only not hurt anything, but not even lose a bit of data. The whole computer could actually crash during a WRITE operation and I'd STILL not lose any data! Not even if the power failed! Best of all, I haven't had a bit of an issue with viruses or malware and I don't even run an anti-viral program! Oh, and, I can run multiple OS's and users at once including a virtual PC which I run for certain software not available for a Mac.

Computer is nearing 10 years old now and still looks and works like new, I just updated to OSX El Capitan for free a couple years ago. How many PCs have you burned through in ten years? Home PCs are toys in comparison. They arrive broke, designed with obsolescence built in and meant to be thrown away every few years.

You get what you pay more.
I like ya, so I ain't sayin' nothin'!
iu

Last edited:
Alright all you shit-talkers about your comps. Run cpu-z bench and post what your single and multi-thread scores are. Let's see what's really happenin'.
Hit the "print screen" and save it, then show how badass your junk is!
(it's all junk)

Last edited:
You're obviously a twit who doesn't understand the first thing about circuit design, circuit layout, the problem that reactance poses at higher and higher data rates and have obviously never used a SPICE engine not to mention the unreliability issues with loose wires and connectors.

BOTTOM LINE: Just another jackass desperately trying to prove the worth and justification for his own PC that never quite works and requires constant fixing.
I obviously build computers to my own personal specs, you buy computers from the company that I own.

Now buy another apple computer and get another phone, watch, ipad, headphones, wireless phone charger

Buy buy buy, mortgage your trailer for the new phone, it's worth it because my stock just goes up and up and up

I obviously build computers to my own personal specs, you buy computers from the company that I own.
You're obviously a liar who doesn't "own" jack. That pretty much ends the conversation right there. Apple is "owned" by two corporate investment firms, so at best you could be is a shareholder, which means that you would personally know Al Gore. Maybe you'd like to share a picture of yourself and Al having lunch together?

As to building computers, anyone can "build" a computer, it doesn't take much skill, I've built several myself and actually still have the last of them upstairs in a rather nice case I paid $150 (then) which allowed the various boards to be slid our rather nicely. Like all PC's it eventually bit the blue screen of death, and some day I'll sell it to a geek for the case and big P/S in it.

Now buy another apple
Won't ever need to in my life. One of the reasons for my MacPro is that everything in it is upgradable, replaceable, fixable, much like a PC. I've already upgraded the graphics card. I never fail to understand why, when I point out the obvious failings of PCs, which go all the way back to how IBM conceived and created them to how MS conceived and created Windows and suggest a Mac as an alternative, that all you PC geeks get defensive and into a pissing match.

You "build" your computers mostly because you HAVE TO, and are such experts on them constantly adding to, changing, tweaking and fixing them because you HAVE TO, and I understand that a store computer or a Mac which is both expensive and someone else's idea of what a computer should be doesn't suit your needs.

I wouldn't probably buy a Mac neither, except for the MacPro which is really designed for institutional use: universities, professional video and graphics editing, etc. Reading threads here, most of you people seem to be into computers as a GAMING tool-- -- -- I play NO games and only rarely play chess against my computer. My interest in my choice of computer was for strictly BUSINESS needs, for reliability and security, and for running rather large, special programs I'm guessing few here ever even heard of.

So if you want to impress me, yank the power cord on your computer during a vital, irreplaceable WRITE operation and tell me your computer didn't lose a bit, or tell me you can yank one of your HDDs out being used and not even affect the operation of the computer or memory like mine and I'll be impressed. I'm betting most of you who count cores and threads and pipelines have far more than you actually need and only care about that crap anyway because of GAMES.

ZAP! POW! BLAM!

Home computers are about choice. But when brass comes to hard tacks, none of them hold a candle to a REAL computer like the kind I used to turn up, maintain and use. I took the liberty of splicing together three old pictures to try to create one wide angle view because originally, it took three wide angle shots just to get in the view of the giant computer systems I used to work on that filled huge rooms. Giant UNIX mainframes with more computation and processing power than you can imagine, all connected to many more just like them via fiber optic link.

Believe me, nothing I have or you have, comes within a mile. I took these pictures covertly in a secure area, I probably could have lost my job had I been caught taking these pictures.

Dor5ESS.jpg

THAT'S a fucking computer. :abgg2q.jpg:

You're obviously a liar who doesn't "own" jack. That pretty much ends the conversation right there. Apple is "owned" by two corporate investment firms, so at best you could be is a shareholder, which means that you would personally know Al Gore. Maybe you'd like to share a picture of yourself and Al having lunch together?

As to building computers, anyone can "build" a computer, it doesn't take much skill, I've built several myself and actually still have the last of them upstairs in a rather nice case I paid $150 (then) which allowed the various boards to be slid our rather nicely. Like all PC's it eventually bit the blue screen of death, and some day I'll sell it to a geek for the case and big P/S in it.

Now buy another apple
Won't ever need to in my life. One of the reasons for my MacPro is that everything in it is upgradable, replaceable, fixable, much like a PC. I've already upgraded the graphics card. I never fail to understand why, when I point out the obvious failings of PCs, which go all the way back to how IBM conceived and created them to how MS conceived and created Windows and suggest a Mac as an alternative, that all you PC geeks get defensive and into a pissing match.

You "build" your computers mostly because you HAVE TO, and are such experts on them constantly adding to, changing, tweaking and fixing them because you HAVE TO, and I understand that a store computer or a Mac which is both expensive and someone else's idea of what a computer should be doesn't suit your needs.

I wouldn't probably buy a Mac neither, except for the MacPro which is really designed for institutional use: universities, professional video and graphics editing, etc. Reading threads here, most of you people seem to be into computers as a GAMING tool-- -- -- I play NO games and only rarely play chess against my computer. My interest in my choice of computer was for strictly BUSINESS needs, for reliability and security, and for running rather large, special programs I'm guessing few here ever even heard of.

So if you want to impress me, yank the power cord on your computer during a vital, irreplaceable WRITE operation and tell me your computer didn't lose a bit, or tell me you can yank one of your HDDs out being used and not even affect the operation of the computer or memory like mine and I'll be impressed. I'm betting most of you who count cores and threads and pipelines have far more than you actually need and only care about that crap anyway because of GAMES.

ZAP! POW! BLAM!

Home computers are about choice. But when brass comes to hard tacks, none of them hold a candle to a REAL computer like the kind I used to turn up, maintain and use. I took the liberty of splicing together three old pictures to try to create one wide angle view because originally, it took three wide angle shots just to get in the view of the giant computer systems I used to work on that filled huge rooms. Giant UNIX mainframes with more computation and processing power than you can imagine, all connected to many more just like them via fiber optic link.

Believe me, nothing I have or you have, comes within a mile. I took these pictures covertly in a secure area, I probably could have lost my job had I been caught taking these pictures.

View attachment 363297

THAT'S a fucking computer. :abgg2q.jpg:
The kid who does not own any apple shares is triggered

Lol. Again i find it easier to build multi monitor systems to my own specs

But please keep pumping up my stock

Silly

Again i find it easier to build multi monitor systems to my own specs But please keep pumping up my stock
Sorry, Sally, I'm not interested in pumping anything of yours. I bought my computer in 2011 and that was my last investment in Apple. I run a 27" Apple LED Cinema monitor with 2560 x 1440 resolution and I believe I can run up to four of them, horz, vertically, each separate feed or integrated as one HUGE display. You cannot compete, fly boy, your constant weak attempts at rebuttal show you simply bleed envy. Sorry about that, I don't mean it as a put down, just a statement of fact. I just calculated that replacement cost for my computer if bought new today would be well over $9,000;--- --- if you think your gaming toy with black light, water hoses and alien case and other gimmicks can compete, you're just yanking on yourself too hard. :laugh2:

All you gotta ask is whether any of that shit is used by PROFESSIONAL / INDUSTRIAL / UNIVERSITY CLASS business computing systems.

Again i find it easier to build multi monitor systems to my own specs But please keep pumping up my stock
Sorry, Sally, I'm not interested in pumping anything of yours. I bought my computer in 2011 and that was my last investment in Apple. I run a 27" Apple LED Cinema monitor with 2560 x 1440 resolution and I believe I can run up to four of them, horz, vertically, each separate feed or integrated as one HUGE display. You cannot compete, fly boy, your constant weak attempts at rebuttal show you simply bleed envy. Sorry about that, I don't mean it as a put down, just a statement of fact. I just calculated that replacement cost for my computer if bought new today would be well over $9,000;--- --- if you think your gaming toy with black light, water hoses and alien case and other gimmicks can compete, you're just yanking on yourself too hard. :laugh2:

All you gotta ask is whether any of that shit is used by PROFESSIONAL / INDUSTRIAL / UNIVERSITY CLASS business computing systems.
Triggered

Thanks for pumping up the company i own shares in

Lol the last apple 1 into 7 stock split was fun for me, how about you

Yawn

Congrats on Apple building a great, unique product line that millions of people use and LOVE.

Still waiting for you to yank your power cord or hard drive during a vital WRITE operation. Tell me how that works out for you.

Congrats on Apple building a great, unique product line that millions of people use and LOVE.

Still waiting for you to yank your power cord or hard drive during a vital WRITE operation. Tell me how that works out for you.
You never did answer as to how much faster a computer with 4 inch data and power wires is than an equal computer with 8 inch wires designed to be serviced and upgraded....

Be specific, my guess is 2.5 milliseconds per every thousand years

^I have no idea what you're talking about.
I guarantee you this though: Your computer was made in Taiwan or China.
Maybe the processor and drives and memory weren't, but the rest was.

You never did answer as to how much faster a computer with 4 inch data and power wires is than an equal computer with 8 inch wires designed to be serviced and upgraded....
I certainly did. Guess you're too fucking stupid to read.
Now quit trying to deflect and yank your power cord or hard drive.
I hate to see a grown man cry.

Forum List

Back