Windows 10 Home: Version 1703

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
I wish I could quit Windows.

Seriously, Bing is terrible. Now, with this version, I can make my Start Up page Google, but it won't let me open new tabs with Google, it defaults to Bing

Well guess what, I'd rather type in Google every time than use Bing.

If I want to copy a video, guess what? It discriminates against YouTube as well!

Jackasses.

Why don´t you use another browser, then?

Yeah, I could, and should. My husband does, so, I guess I do have options. I'm just so familiar with Windows, so you have a point there....

Seriously, Bing is terrible. Now, with this version, I can make my Start Up page Google, but it won't let me open new tabs with Google, it defaults to Bing

If I want to copy a video, guess what? It discriminates against YouTube as well!

Jackasses.

I downloaded the google toolbar and it works on top. I never use Bing. I do not search on the bottom
area that says Type here to search.
I have Cortana turned off as well.

I am not even sure why they keep Bing tbh

Jackasses.

No, that's Google doing that. You can only get to Youtube through Google now.

Let me rephrase: It's Youtube only allowing access from Google, not other search engines.

Jackasses.

Let me rephrase: It's Youtube only allowing access from Google, not other search engines.

Ah, okay, that is good to know, I was like... seriously! I don't really get as much computer time as I'd like so, when I'm on here, I really don't want to fuck around with blocks. Silly

If you're just surfing the web and email and all that. (No Excel/games/video encoding/photoshop)

You can use whatever OS and browser you want, I can probably name 50.

Jackasses.

I use bing by default and have no such problem.

Jackasses.

Ah, okay, that is good to know, I was like... seriously! I don't really get as much computer time as I'd like so, when I'm on here, I really don't want to fuck around with blocks. Silly

It's a recent thing. They want everybody to stay signed into the Google account all the time, so they can track you.

It's like that on phones, too.

Jackasses.

Do you stay logged into your Google account?

Jackasses.

No. Same for Bing. I only log in for Youtube rarely.

Jackasses.

Make sure you're not logged into anything Google and find a video with Bing and try to play it.

If you're logged into 1 thing Google, you're logged into them all.

Jackasses.

Make sure you're not logged into anything Google and find a video with Bing and try to play it.

If you're logged into 1 thing Google, you're logged into them all.
I know but I never had have any problem accessing Youtube videos. The only thing I noticed is that Youtube made it harder to download high-res videos.

Use Firefox with NoScript and Adblock add ons. Your pc will be happy, and you’ll be happier

NoScript can kinda be a pain in the ass, you have to keep allowing scripts to run to get the page to load right.

Use Firefox with NoScript and Adblock add ons. Your pc will be happy, and you’ll be happier

NoScript can kinda be a pain in the ass, you have to keep allowing scripts to run to get the page to load right.

Not to mention more and more websites will not allow a video to play until you shutoff ABP. When thta happens to me, I just look for another source.

Forum List

Back