Willis Reed, legendary Knicks Hall of Famer, dead @ 80, famous for the game where he played while injured, leading the Knicks to victory in the Finals

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
i never liked the 90's Knicks, i was a Pacers Reggie Miller guy, but Willis was from a different generation, so i respect him more

Willis Reed was the backbone of the Knicks

But I never understood the legend of that Game 7 against the Lakers.
The story was Willis Reed limps onto the court and leads the Knicks to a Championship.
Reed scored 4 points in that game while Walt Frazier scored 38 and 19 assists. Yet Reed got the credit

Last edited:

The story was Willis Reed limps onto the court and leads the Knicks to a Championship.
Reed scored 4 points in that game while Walt Frazier scored 38 and 19 assists. Yet Reed got the credit
I remember

The Pistons led the series 3-2 and were in a good position to win the championship in 1988. However, during game 6, Isiah injured his ankle in the third quarter. The Lakers won the game and went on to win the championship by beating the Pistons in the 7th game.

We would have 3peated. We would have done it before Jordan did it, twice.

His defense.

• Banned

he gave them the emotional push. of course Walt is the one who secured the victory

I think it was a game six, not seven.....willis gets the credit because when he ran on the court the crowd got rabid with joy and there was no way the lakers could win and the fact willis hit a couple of early baskets only made the crowd that much more insane....NBA was actually worth watching back then....really great stars on every team

I think it was a game six, not seven.....willis gets the credit because when he ran on the court the crowd got rabid with joy and there was no way the lakers could win and the fact willis hit a couple of early baskets only made the crowd that much more insane....NBA was actually worth watching back then....really great stars on every team

No question Willis was the Championship MVP
But Clyde won that last game

FrxKALnXoAEJB6-

Forum List

Back