Will White Privilege End Affirmative Action?

Make sure to refuse your “welfare” when you retire.

I'm not the one trying to shame people for taking government assistance... that's your side's gig.

You can’t prove white women were hired because of their gender and race. I was raised poor and worked for everything, nothing was a freebie. Are you suggesting that working white women didn’t earn their way?

Actually, there have been a ton of studies proving EXACTLY that.

Do you think that someone who got an admission or a job because they were a person of color got a "Freebee"?

My point is, - and I know this is hard for you to follow - that white women have benefited from AA in that women are considered before men for positions, all other factors being equal, because of affirmative action.

I'm not the one trying to shame people for taking government assistance... that's your side's gig.

Do you think that someone who got an admission or a job because they were a person of color got a "Freebee"?

My point is, - and I know this is hard for you to follow - that white women have benefited from AA in that women are considered before men for positions, all other factors being equal, because of affirmative action.
I don’t know of too many men applying for clerical jobs. Many women took a job because a man wanted more money, not an AA issue. Just how do you do a study on this? Go ask employers why they hired someone? Doubt it.

I’m not shaming anyone, you seem to be. It isn’t welfare but you believe what you will.

I don’t know of too many men applying for clerical jobs. Many women took a job because a man wanted more money, not an AA issue. Just how do you do a study on this? Go ask employers why they hired someone? Doubt it.

It's illegal to pay a woman less for the same job.

I am sure you do, but I work with human resource people all the time, and yes, they get as much credit for hiring a white woman as a minority. White women have benefited from Affirmative Action far more than white men have.

I’m not shaming anyone, you seem to be. It isn’t welfare but you believe what you will.

It's totally welfare, but it's welfare for white people, so you are fine with it.

It's illegal to pay a woman less for the same job.

I am sure you do, but I work with human resource people all the time, and yes, they get as much credit for hiring a white woman as a minority. White women have benefited from Affirmative Action far more than white men have.

It's totally welfare, but it's welfare for white people, so you are fine with it.
How is it just for white people when every race gets SS and Medicare?

For years I've said I've been looking for that "white privilege" that, allegedly, is supposed to benefit me, but I've yet to find it.

But, you know what? Fuck it. I don't give a shit.

When I retired from the Navy, I got a job in the music industry. It was low level, with not great pay, but it's where I wanted to be. Thankfully my wife made very good money, because we were living in San Diego and I was pulling in less than $35K a year. Somehow being white didn't translate to the "privilege" of being well paid.

When I decided I wanted to start my own business, I used money that I'd saved while I was in the Navy; it was right around $25,000. I didn't get loans because I was white. For whatever reason, my whiteness didn't protect me from hard times in the early days. More than once I considered closing my privileged doors because I was struggling. But I worked hard, surrounded myself with smart, good people and, somehow, it worked.

People (usually negroes) tell me that I'm privileged because, say, if I get pulled over by the police, I'm not likely to get pulled out of my car and arrested because I'm white. Well, no. I don't get pulled out of my car and arrested because I'm not a dick to the cop, and I treat them with respect. If negroes would try that they'd probably see things change.

In my almost 60 years, I know what I've done and what I've accomplished, and none of it is due to some fantasy "white privilege", but I've stopped giving a fuck if people think it is...

In my almost 60 years, I know what I've done and what I've accomplished, and none of it is due to some fantasy "white privilege", but I've stopped giving a fuck if people think it is...

Taking you off ignore-

The fact is, you wouldn't have gotten those business loans or those opportunities if you weren't white.

Check your privilege...

and you are back on ignore.

Taking you off ignore-

The fact is, you wouldn't have gotten those business loans or those opportunities if you weren't white.

Check your privilege...

So, you take me off ignore so you can prove how fucking stupid you are?

Your reading comprehension is shit. I clearly said I started my business with money I saved. I clearly said I didn't get loans, you stupid fuck.

You're a fucking idiot, and now you'll prove how big a fucking coward bitch you are by putting me on ignore instead of having the conversation. You're a pussy who simply can't handle when someone disagrees with you.

What a waste of skin you are...

The fact is you don't know that as a fact. It's pure speculation on your part. There are black folks that are well connected that are able to get business loans and have opportunities. It's no longer the 1960s.

Taking you off ignore-

Check your privilege...

He didn't get business loans, genius.
What opportunities are you referring to? The Navy or a low paying job in the music business?
Stop posting.

I started my own business without any loans, too. It took a lot of discipline to save enough for the initial expenses, and long, long hours to get it off the ground.

Eventually, I rented office space, and a black man rented office space across the hall. His business took off like gangbusters as he got all sorts of federal contracts for being black, even though he wasn’t the most capable or the best priced. His “black privilege” lasted 8 years, at which time the special favoritism expired, and he had to compete on equal grounds. His business failed within a year after that. The truth is that his company was never competitive, and the only reason it did so well during the initial 8 years was due to his minority status.

I continued to rent that office space for 10 years, and operate my business, after he closed shop. MY company offered great value, and there was no favoritism involved. I succeeded on my own.

I started my own business without any loans, too. It took a lot of discipline to save enough for the initial expenses, and long, long hours to get it off the ground.

Eventually, I rented office space, and a black man rented office space across the hall. His business took off like gangbusters as he got all sorts of federal contracts for being black, even though he wasn’t the most capable or the best priced. His “black privilege” lasted 8 years, at which time the special favoritism expired, and he had to compete on equal grounds. His business failed within a year after that. The truth is that his company was never competitive, and the only reason it did so well during the initial 8 years was due to his minority status.

I continued to rent that office space for 10 years, and operate my business, after he closed shop. MY company offered great value, and there was no favoritism involved. I succeeded on my own.
I worked a few years for a machining job shop as there quality control guy. The business was owned by two white men. A black man took pictures of the shop equipment (for a web site) and created his own business as if he owned the same machine shop so that he could get the minority business deals. In reality, he was simply subcontracting it out to the two white men

I worked a few years for a machining job shop as there quality control guy. The business was owned by two white men. A black man took pictures of the shop equipment (for a web site) and created his own business as if he owned the same machine shop so that he could get the minority business deals. In reality, he was simply subcontracting it out to the two white men
And that’s FRAUD.

I didn’t disclose this in my post, but the story of the black man whose business dried up once his “black privilege” 8-year term was up actually approached me for a similar thing. He wanted me to expand my business to include the type of work his was doing, since I could get the benefit a a woman-owned business, and then subcontract everything to him. I declined because:

1) It’s fraudulent.

2) if his work was so substandard that he couldn’t survive without the special favoritism, I didn’t want his product output associated with my name and reputation.

And that’s FRAUD.

I didn’t disclose this in my post, but the story of the black man whose business dried up once his “black privilege” 8-year term was up actually approached me for a similar thing. He wanted me to expand my business to include the type of work his was doing, since I could get the benefit a a woman-owned business, and then subcontract everything to him. I declined because:

1) It’s fraudulent.

2) if his work was so substandard that he couldn’t survive without the special favoritism, I didn’t want his product output associated with my name and reputation.
Which is one of the many reasons I no longer work there.

The fact is you don't know that as a fact. It's pure speculation on your part. There are black folks that are well connected that are able to get business loans and have opportunities. It's no longer the 1960s.

What that idiot dipshit failed to comprehend is that I didn't borrow any money to start my business. He took my comment about not getting loans because I'm white as me saying I got loans for another reason. He's retarded, so he does shit like that. He likes to pretend he knows what he's talking about, when all he actually does is prove how monumentally fucking stupid he is...

Taking you off ignore-

Check your privilege...

If you had bothered to actually read the post, he said he DIDN'T get loans. He made his own opportunities by hard work and hiring good people.

I spent thirty-five years working for a major TELCO. We were required to order parts and supplies from minority-owned businesses regardless of price. I could show my boss catalogues with an item we ordered that was a third to a half what we were paying, and he bucked it up the chain of command and we were always required to go with the higher priced minority owned business.

I spent thirty-five years working for a major TELCO. We were required to order parts and supplies from minority-owned businesses regardless of price. I could show my boss catalogues with an item we ordered that was a third to a half what we were paying, and he bucked it up the chain of command and we were always required to go with the higher priced minority owned business.
And it's been my experience that the "minority owned business" is often just a middle man between the the the producer and the buyer.

Forum List

Back