Will the Dodgers dip into their bottomless money well and buy Ohtani?

He might be even better offensively with better hitters behind him in the batting order. The surgery is no big deal, and he will recover 100%. I wouldn't mind seeing him in another venue. He will thrive as a "spot starter."

The market says they are

Always amazes me how people freak out over what athletes get paid and call them greedy

Yet, nobody cares about what pop stars or actors make.
Is Taylor Swift worth it?
TV contracts are a cause. Separate the grouping of cale channels and give people a choice what to pick on basic. There are a percentage of cable subscribers who do not want sports channels. The elimination of those channels would make it cheaper to pay every month. Sports channels would become expensive premium services. And within a very short time they would not be able to exorbitant money numbers to the sports leagues to overpay players with diminished ratings. I see little quality difference in baseball then what I saw in the 1970's to warrant the massive costs of even attending a game. All sports are overpriced for the value returned.

TV contracts are a cause. Separate the grouping of cale channels and give people a choice what to pick on basic. There are a percentage of cable subscribers who do not want sports channels. The elimination of those channels would make it cheaper to pay every month. Sports channels would become expensive premium services. And within a very short time they would not be able to exorbitant money numbers to the sports leagues to overpay players with diminished ratings. I see little quality difference in baseball then what I saw in the 1970's to warrant the massive costs of even attending a game. All sports are overpriced for the value returned.
All entertainment is overpriced

i dont know...watch the non play off games and the stands are empty

Dodgers attendance for the 2023 season finished at 3,837,079, the highest in baseball and their fifth-largest total in franchise history. The Dodgers had 19 sellouts at Dodger Stadium this season and averaged 47,371 fans per game. The Dodgers exceed 3 million in home attendance for the 11th time in the past 13 seasons.

Dodgers attendance for the 2023 season finished at 3,837,079, the highest in baseball and their fifth-largest total in franchise history. The Dodgers had 19 sellouts at Dodger Stadium this season and averaged 47,371 fans per game. The Dodgers exceed 3 million in home attendance for the 11th time in the past 13 seasons.
even as bad as the Angels were they drew 2,640,575 6th best in the league.....

Forum List

Back