Will Teachers quit en masse if CRT is banned?

For salaries yes, that is what a union does. But your average teacher in Joe Blow ISD doesn't have any power, and controls literally none of that.
I see, union members have no say? That kind of defeats the purpose of being in a union, doesn't it?

I see, union members have no say? That kind of defeats the purpose of being in a union, doesn't it?
No say in any of the issues of the OP. Also no say if they are in a union. Do you know any teachers or does your information come from here and Breitbart?

No say in any of the issues of the OP. Also no say if they are in a union. Do you know any teachers or does your information come from here and Breitbart?
My son's MIL is a teacher. She makes six figures and her pension will be close to that amount. My pension for 31 years of work does not even come close.

Most public schools have really crummy achievement scores compared to the private schools in the same area.

America use to be number one in the world in education. Now we probably aren't even in the top 20 if they use valid achievement criteria for the evaluation.

We put a lot of money into public education and get very little in return.

That is why we have so many private schools.
More often low scores are the result of averaging in the kids raised with no discipline by shitty undisciplined parents that never instilled in their kids the importance of learning in the earliest years of their life. It is a fact, more kids make the test scores that get them into college where they perform and graduate, after public school education than all of the private schools combined. It is not the school that makes the child, it is the parent and the child, in most cases. I had three in public school systems before college. I know.

I can tell you that most teachers are in the union as a prerequisite for the job, and most don't even follow the doings of the union very much. If you see any yahoos marching around on TV, you are looking at the most radical leftist teachers they could find. Most of us just want to help students learn as much as we can. No "indoctrination," no "hate," no politics; just trying to be of service to the students to the greatest extent possible.

Unionizing and Federalizing the education system has been a glittering colossal failure.

Absolutely!

We don't need a Federal Department of Education. Colossal waste of money. How many hundreds of billions have we put into the DOE in the last decades as we see education decline?

Then there is the 600 lb gorilla in the room. What nobody ever wants to talk about.

When I was growing up we had two different school systems. A good one for the Whites and a shitty one for the Blacks.

Then we decided to desegregate. What did we get in return? One shitty system.

It just hasn't worked out to combine the ghetto students with the middle class. It has created a piss poor system to accommodate the lowest denominator.

When it was low class Whites and middle class Whites in the same school the low class Whites are expected to perform.

Unfortunately when we have low class Blacks in the same school with Whites the expectation is to dumb it down to accommodate the Blacks. You know, because it is racist to require the the Blacks to achieve at the same level.

More often low scores are the result of averaging in the kids raised with no discipline by shitty undisciplined parents that never instilled in their kids the importance of learning in the earliest years of their life. It is a fact, more kids make the test scores that get them into college where they perform and graduate, after public school education than all of the private schools combined. It is not the school that makes the child, it is the parent and the child, in most cases. I had three in public school systems before college. I know.
Also bear in mind that most of the countries touted as having superior education to that in the United States compile data on the top tier of a carefully selected number of students in their country, while data from the US is about ALL students in the US. Furthermore, enormous numbers of parents in those same countries send their children to be educated in the US.

The thing about sending my sons and my grandkids to private schools is that it put them in a school where the parents actually give a damn.

Works wonders for education.

Absolutely!

We don't need a Federal Department of Education. Colossal waste of money. How many hundreds of billions have we put into the DOE in the last decades as we see education decline?

Then there is the 600 lb gorilla in the room. What nobody ever wants to talk about.

When I was growing up we had two different school systems. A good one for the Whites and a shitty one for the Blacks.

It just hasn't worked out to combine the ghetto students with the middle class. It has created a piss poor system to accommodate the lowest denominator.

When it was low class Whites and middle class Whites in the same school the low class Whites are expected to perform.

Unfortunately when we have low class Blacks in the same school with Whites the expectation is to dumb it down to accommodate the Blacks. You know, because it is racist to require the the Blacks to achieve at the same level.
We are not going back to segregation, or even what you really want - slavery, so you can shove that right back up your ass.

Absolutely!

Calm down Klan boy, you'll soil your sheet.

Teachers do not have much power? They have shut down schools in major cities for years, long before Covid with their demands. The Teachers union is one of the most powerful unions in the country.
You're 100% correct. The teacher's unions have one thing in mind. POWER. Not the kids, not the teachers.

National Education Association General Counsel Bob Chanin stated in July 2009.

Chanin: "It is not because we care about children. And it is not because we have a vision of a great public school for every child. NEA and its affiliates are effective advocates because we have power. And we have power because there are more than 3.2 million people who are willing to pay us hundreds of millions of dollars in dues...."

Pretty much says it all.

The thing about sending my sons and my grandkids to private schools is that it put them in a school where the parents actually give a damn.

Works wonders for education.
Not everybody as fortunate as you, and I congratulate you. Reading to your kid every night starting before age three and reading with them after they have gotten into the experience and sharing of time together, letting them pick some of the books you read together, but also expending some time reading them literature or stories above their level at early age, prompting question and discussion, and them seeing you have interest in reading and continuing education, has a tremendous effect on how they do in school from the beginning or their school life. It take love and commitment to what type of person you intend to put out at the end of the 18 years they will be under your training and tutelage. If you let society raise your kids, they probably will not be above the society they grow up in, educationally or otherwise.

We are not going back to segregation, or even what you really want - slavery, so you can shove that right back up your ass.

It is stupid statements like that caused the public schools to get fucked up so bad.

You suppose to be a teacher but you are really confused, aren't you?

It is not a racial thing as much as it is a cultural thing.

If you put ghetto trash in the same classroom as middle class kids the school will ultimately succumb to the lowest denominator. We have seen it all over this country and it has destroyed public education.

When you put a racial tag on it then it become something that nobody has the courage to address.

There is a reason why private schools are flourishing so well. Middle Class parents don't want their kids going to the same shitty school that caters to low class ghetto trash that have no intentions of learning anything.

The private school that one of my granddaughters attends is absolutely full with a large waiting list.

The public school district was under a filthy ass court ordered desegregation plan for decades and it destroyed the school system. That is why anybody that cares about their kids and have the means will send their kids to a private school.

We don't have to go back to integration to get the schools back on track. All we have to do is have high standards and that would solve the problem. However, if we did that then we would probably only have a 5% Black High School graduation rate and all the stupid Libtards would be yelling racism and the chickenshit politicians would be bending over backwards to kiss the ass of the uneducated Black voters.

We are fucked in this country with public education and don't have the courage to correct it.

Calm down Klan boy, you'll soil your sheet.

The facts speak for themselves. We put untold billion into education at the filthy ass Federal level and all we got for all that money is declining achievement scores across the board.

Typical Liberal failure. Throw tons of money at something and get nothing of substance in return. We see it in most Federal programs.

Not at all.

My wife was a real school teacher and she understands how desegregation destroyed the public schools. She tried to teach the Black students. Worked hard for many years. Even got recognition from the Cater Administration for her work with minority students. Got to have lunch at the White House when recognized.

She was very insistent about sending our sons and grandkids to a private school to get away from the destruction of court ordered desegregation.

You can be in denial all you want. You aren't very bright and seem to be confused.

By the way, you claim to be a school teacher but you spend your time during the scahool day posting on an interent discussion forum. Shouldn't you be doing your job of teaching the students?

The left emphatically denies CRT is being taught or will be taught, so why would they be upset if it's banned?

New Topics

Forum List

Back