Will Teachers quit en masse if CRT is banned?

Nope. Only perceptions. Should I cease to have an opinion based on perceptions when I do not have all the in-depth facts? ....

And if someone with more facts - first hand facts - gives you more or contrary information, do you incorporate that into your "perceptions," or disregard anything that does not affirm your preconceived conclusions?

And if someone with more facts - first hand facts - gives you more or contrary information, do you incorporate that into your "perceptions," or disregard anything that does not affirm your preconceived conclusions?
Most of the time. I try not to get too heavily invested.
This seems an unusual track for you to take. Do you think teachers should call the shots on curriculum, opening, closing, mask standards, etc without having to bend to what parents may want or think necessary? I doesn't sound like a position you would take.

My grandkids go to private schools where they are taught real things and not this Libtard bullshit so I don't care how fucked up the stupid public schools are.

Of course maybe I should care. My grandkids will wind up being productive while most of the dumbasses going to public schools will wind up being on welfare that my grandkids will be forced by an oppressive government to pay for.

The dumbasses going to public schools will know all about how evil White people are and will be able to tell you all about that shithead Martin Luther King but won't know how to read, write or do arithmetic.

My grandkids go to private schools where they are taught real things and not this Libtard bullshit so I don't care how fucked up the stupid public schools are.

Of course maybe I should care. My grandkids will wind up being productive while most of the dumbasses going to public schools will wind up being on welfare that my grandkids will be forced by an oppressive government to pay for.

The dumbasses going to public schools will know all about how evil White people are and will be able to tell you all about that shithead Martin Luther King but won't know how to read, write or do arithmetic.
Can't hold it against the kids, it the politics that's being played out.
I only want the best for the children. Get rid of the teachers union.

.... Do you think teachers should call the shots on curriculum, opening, closing, mask standards, etc without having to bend to what parents may want or think necessary? I doesn't sound like a position you would take.
It is not.

Most kids in public school don't wind up on welfare. There has never been a statistic that showed it to be the case. Can you hear yourself?

Most of the time. I try not to get too heavily invested.
This seems an unusual track for you to take. Do you think teachers should call the shots on curriculum, opening, closing, mask standards, etc without having to bend to what parents may want or think necessary? I doesn't sound like a position you would take.
That's typical ly the administration. Teachers don't have much power in the real world outside of a few school districts.

I would leave. I don't care about CRT a whit, but I'm not going to be sued by some angry mouthbreather who just failed a test and their mouth breather parents.

As a public school teacher for a couple of decades, I have to sincerely doubt it. In Indiana, the passed a law forbidding teachers from teaching that any sex or race is inferior to another or should feel stress or other negative emotions. The enforcement of this law will be in the form of lawsuits, and actions taken to remove offending teachers’ teaching certificates.

The reason that I doubt it is that I’ve heard that song before, especially lately. During the pandemic, I heard teachers say they would quit if they had to wear masks, quit if masks were not required, quit if they had to be vaccinated, quit if vaccines were not required, quit if they were required to come back to class, and quit if they were required to teach another year of remote learning, especially if they had to teach both remote learners and in-class learners at the same time.

I don’t know a single teacher who actually quit, over those issues. Some got the chalkboard flu one day when one of the unions recommended a sickout. When those few teachers returned the next day from their “sick day,” I greeted them with, “What’s up, Norma Rae?” The local union rep had the nerve to confront me about it when one of her “brothers” complained about it. I said, “We are not plumbers. We are educators.” But she didn’t get the reference.

Prior to the pandemic, the big predicted cause of mass exodus of educators (at least in Texas), was “Cameras in the Classroom!” (Imagine those words with an echo effect)

It was mainly paraprofessionals, formerly called teacher aides, who made this threat/prediction most often. Of course it turned out that cameras in the classroom would only happen in self-contained classrooms, such as those for severely disabled students, and In School Suspension rooms where students spent the entire day. Even for those rooms, it would. Only happen if a parent requested it.

No one quit. No one even sicked out for that one.

Teaching is a great job, and I went through three different careers before settling on it. Let liberal teachers form “Youth for Marx” chapters to counter the “Youth for Christ” chapters if they insist on teaching ideology. Give them the same access to school facilities before and after school that any other supposed student-led club gets.

Keep the racist theories out of the tax-funded classroom.
I hope so.

That's typical ly the administration. Teachers don't have much power in the real world outside of a few school districts.

I would leave. I don't care about CRT a whit, but I'm not going to be sued by some angry mouthbreather who just failed a test and their mouth breather parents.
Teachers do not have much power? They have shut down schools in major cities for years, long before Covid with their demands. The Teachers union is one of the most powerful unions in the country.

Most kids in public school don't wind up on welfare. There has never been a statistic that showed it to be the case. Can you hear yourself?

Most public schools have really crummy achievement scores compared to the private schools in the same area.

America use to be number one in the world in education. Now we probably aren't even in the top 20 if they use valid achievement criteria for the evaluation.

We put a lot of money into public education and get very little in return.

That is why we have so many private schools.

Is somebody suing individual teachers over support or lack of support for CRT, somewhere?
The real problem in the schools is the threat of suing teachers for paddling that ass, if a child deserves it. I'm from the old days. If they had to paddle your ass at school, they sent a note home telling what it was about, and then you got your ass paddled at home. Parents and teachers, worked together to instill discipline and self-discipline to the child.

Most public schools have really crummy achievement scores compared to the private schools in the same area.

America use to be number one in the world in education. Now we probably aren't even in the top 20 if they use valid achievement criteria for the evaluation.

We put a lot of money into public education and get very little in return.

That is why we have so many private schools.
Unionizing and Federalizing the education system has been a glittering colossal failure.

Teachers do not have much power? They have shut down schools in major cities for years, long before Covid with their demands. The Teachers union is one of the most powerful unions in the country.
For salaries yes, that is what a union does. But your average teacher in Joe Blow ISD doesn't have any power, and controls literally none of that.

The Department of Education is Federal and has a Presidential Cabinet member.
And has very little to do with the funding, curricula, staffing, hours, or day to day operation of America's schools.

Forum List

Back