Will Mike Johnson be the shortest serving Speaker in history?

We heard how Mike just isn’t going to push the Impeachment of Biden, something about lack of evidence.

Then there is the budget. And the hardliners want massive cuts to anything that can be considered a social program, or helping Ukraine fight their friend Putin. So what does Mike do? He realizes that Republicans will get the blame, as we enter Holiday Season, ending pay for millions of workers, until eventually the Republicans cave, and look even worse. So he is now looking at a Continuing Resolution to get through the holidays, continuing spending at the current levels, the “Pelosi” levels if you are in on the RW Talking Points, through the holidays.

Hardliners have already said they won’t vote for more spending in exchange for future promises.

So Mike is going to have to look to a Bipartisan approach that can get through the Senate, which as most of us know is run by Democrats, and the White House.

So when he goes the BiPartisan route, how long before the MAGA’s feel betrayed and demand he be removed from the Speakers office? I’m betting he is out before Thanksgiving, what are your bets?
Your logic is poor You are saying that what got him elected will get him canned.
THen what do YOU want elected? Someone with no spine, no morals, no aims...just a Pelosi who violates the very nature of the office

We heard how Mike just isn’t going to push the Impeachment of Biden, something about lack of evidence.

Then there is the budget. And the hardliners want massive cuts to anything that can be considered a social program, or helping Ukraine fight their friend Putin. So what does Mike do? He realizes that Republicans will get the blame, as we enter Holiday Season, ending pay for millions of workers, until eventually the Republicans cave, and look even worse. So he is now looking at a Continuing Resolution to get through the holidays, continuing spending at the current levels, the “Pelosi” levels if you are in on the RW Talking Points, through the holidays.

Hardliners have already said they won’t vote for more spending in exchange for future promises.

So Mike is going to have to look to a Bipartisan approach that can get through the Senate, which as most of us know is run by Democrats, and the White House.

So when he goes the BiPartisan route, how long before the MAGA’s feel betrayed and demand he be removed from the Speakers office? I’m betting he is out before Thanksgiving, what are your bets?
“Will Mike Johnson be the shortest serving Speaker in history?”

It seems he’ll be responsible for another Republican government shutdown; he’s among the most incompetent speakers in history.

Have the democrats managed to shut down the government again? They do it the same way every single time and try to blame Republicans for it. All they need to do is be statesmen, but they're democrats.

“Will Mike Johnson be the shortest serving Speaker in history?”

It seems he’ll be responsible for another Republican government shutdown; he’s among the most incompetent speakers in history.
Wow, you're fast. He's been Speaker for what, 5 minutes? Let me guess, you were going to say that no matter WHO the Speaker is or WHAT he/she did.

Have the democrats managed to shut down the government again? They do it the same way every single time and try to blame Republicans for it. All they need to do is be statesmen, but they're democrats.

Statesmen. Like the Republicans? Great. Statesmen are willing to negotiate and compromise. So what are the Republicans willing to compromise on? Because from the statements and quotes from the actual Republicans in Congress. The answer is nothing. They are willing to compromise on nothing. They want what they want and if they don’t get it the Government will shut down.

Statesmen. Like the Republicans? Great. Statesmen are willing to negotiate and compromise. So what are the Republicans willing to compromise on? Because from the statements and quotes from the actual Republicans in Congress. The answer is nothing. They are willing to compromise on nothing. They want what they want and if they don’t get it the Government will shut down.
Yes, statesmen. Up until recently, Republicans didn't want to get in the mud with democrats and allowed them to dominate dirty politics. That's all been changing over the last several years now. I mean, seriously, what have democrats ever compromised on when a government shutdown was coming? They don't, in fact they salivate at the chance to shut it down and point fingers of blame. Then, when the shutdown actually happens, they go straight for Social Security and the military instead of all the thousands of non-essential things they love to spend money on. I still remember Obama closing monuments, even ones that required no manned presence or cost any money, just to maximize the pain. Democrats love to maximize the pain.

Yes, statesmen. Up until recently, Republicans didn't want to get in the mud with democrats and allowed them to dominate dirty politics. That's all been changing over the last several years now. I mean, seriously, what have democrats ever compromised on when a government shutdown was coming? They don't, in fact they salivate at the chance to shut it down and point fingers of blame. Then, when the shutdown actually happens, they go straight for Social Security and the military instead of all the thousands of non-essential things they love to spend money on. I still remember Obama closing monuments, even ones that required no manned presence or cost any money, just to maximize the pain. Democrats love to maximize the pain.

Revisionist history. How original.

Wow, you're fast. He's been Speaker for what, 5 minutes? Let me guess, you were going to say that no matter WHO the Speaker is or WHAT he/she did.
Last anyone checked Johnson is a Republican; and his biggest problem is Republican in the Fascist Caucus.

It will be a Republican government shutdown because of Johnson’s incompetence and reckless, irresponsible Republicans in the Fascist Caucus.

He could go the bipartisan route if he is open about it and gets some kind of concession from the Dems, in exchange for funding until January. Kevin went behind the backs of the conservative wing and gave the Dems everything they wanted with no concession so they would vote for his and Pelosi's budget.

Yes, a Dem-friendly CR would offend the Republican wing of the Republican Party, but they have to know that no one wants a government shutdown during the holidays. No one but me, that is. I think it would be a nice break for the taxpayers.

Last anyone checked Johnson is a Republican; and his biggest problem is Republican in the Fascist Caucus.

It will be a Republican government shutdown because of Johnson’s incompetence and reckless, irresponsible Republicans in the Fascist Caucus.
Nah, we checked. It's the democrats. Also, there is no fascist caucus. Not even the democrats would go for that, yet. Now that Johnson has been Speaker for 10 minutes, from whence come these wild-eyed claims of incompetence? What has he actually DONE?

It would appear that you are desperately trying to set a narrative before anything happens.

He could go the bipartisan route if he is open about it and gets some kind of concession from the Dems, in exchange for funding until January. Kevin went behind the backs of the conservative wing and gave the Dems everything they wanted with no concession so they would vote for his and Pelosi's budget.

Yes, a Dem-friendly CR would offend the Republican wing of the Republican Party, but they have to know that no one wants a government shutdown during the holidays. No one but me, that is. I think it would be a nice break for the taxpayers.

Kevin didn’t go behind the backs of anyone. Kevin realized the extreme right wouldn’t accept anything.

True or false. Originally Gaetz demanded and got an 8% cut on programs. Then when he got it he demanded 20% cuts. When you negotiate in bad faith, you can’t be surprised when the other guy walks away from the table and gets a deal elsewhere.

Others demanded a cut to all Ukraine assistance. Even though some moderates and Democrats in the Senate said that was a deal breaker.

What you and the rest don’t understand is while you are in control of the House, barely, the Senate is made up differently. And the bill has to get by them too. Then the President has to be willing to sign it. So negotiations mean you have to come up with a deal that can carry all three steps. Kevin did that. Will Mike be able to and keep the podium?

THen what do YOU want elected? Someone with no spine, no morals, no aims...just a Pelosi who violates the very nature of the office

Found the ROOKIE dehumanizing a Catholic politically liberal woman and former Madam Speaker. Still hiding from this;

The interesting point is the hiding after such a dramatic start

NFBW: #11,884

Libby von H said: "Causes no harm" can't just be asserted !!! You are putting your conclusion in your premise tsk, tsk lbbyvnh.23.11.11 #59b​
Sorry, I used the word “if” with regards to "Causes no harm". I am interested to hear your answer once you learn what “if” means Saint Libby von H. Thank you in advance. nf.23.11.11 #11,884 to lbbyvnh.23.11.11 #59b​
MAGACrickets are singing truth whenever you get to hear them sing . . .^hvrm

nf.23.11.25 #75 to Libby von H #62

Last edited:
Kevin didn’t go behind the backs of anyone. Kevin realized the extreme right wouldn’t accept anything.

True or false. Originally Gaetz demanded and got an 8% cut on programs. Then when he got it he demanded 20% cuts. When you negotiate in bad faith, you can’t be surprised when the other guy walks away from the table and gets a deal elsewhere.
No idea if that is true are false. Why don't you provide evidence, if that is your claim?
Others demanded a cut to all Ukraine assistance. Even though some moderates and Democrats in the Senate said that was a deal breaker.

What you and the rest don’t understand is while you are in control of the House, barely, the Senate is made up differently. And the bill has to get by them too. Then the President has to be willing to sign it. So negotiations mean you have to come up with a deal that can carry all three steps. Kevin did that. Will Mike be able to and keep the podium?
Sure, he will.

Forum List

Back