Will Donald Trump destroy the Presidency?

This is the primary reason he will lose. Intelligent people from all parties see Drumpf for what he is. A divisive, incompetent fuckup and the weakest leader in american history bar none. Smart repubs will take one on the chin next election and try again in 4 years. If he is actually voted in again then yes he will destroy not only the presidency but the nation.
I saw the ph uk ups the last few months. Progs sure love their drama. Its one severe agenda after another. Switching gears effortlessly with most of the Prog media/entertainers fiefdom applying the lube. It is a shame most of these people forgot where they came from. We went from arresting a surfer with thousands of feet in all directions around him with no other humans around due to the virus to a thousand people every hundred feet on city streets rioting, stealing, burning buildings, maiming people and even killing people while getting an atta boy from the same people with no mention of the virus. Even the dark Pope chimed in and said they were doing good things. The death and destruction reminded him of his bouncer days in the multi sex dance clubs.

I'd say DEFINITELY if the American people are dumb enough to give him another four years. Don't let it happen. Ixnay!!

Donald trump is testing the institution of the presidency unlike any of his 43 predecessors. We have never had a president so ill-informed about the nature of his office, so openly mendacious, so self-destructive, or so brazen in his abusive attacks on the courts, the press, Congress (including members of his own party), and even senior officials within his own administration. Trump is a Frankenstein’s monster of past presidents’ worst attributes: Andrew Jackson’s rage; Millard Fillmore’s bigotry; James Buchanan’s incompetence and spite; Theodore Roosevelt’s self-aggrandizement; Richard Nixon’s paranoia, insecurity, and indifference to law; and Bill Clinton’s lack of self-control and reflexive dishonesty.​
“Enlightened statesmen will not always be at the helm,” James Madison wrote in one of the Federalist Papers during the debates over the ratification of the Constitution. He was right, but he never could have imagined Donald Trump.​
At this point in the singular Trump presidency, we can begin to assess its impact on American democracy. The news thus far is not all bad. The Constitution’s checks and balances have largely stopped Trump from breaking the law. And while he has hurt his own administration, his successors likely won’t repeat his self-destructive antics. The prognosis for the rest of our democratic culture is grimmer, however. Trump’s bizarre behavior has coarsened politics and induced harmful norm-breaking by the institutions he has attacked. These changes will be harder to undo.​
Trump, in short, is wielding a Soprano touch on American institutions. “I’m fucking King Midas in reverse here,” Tony Soprano once told his therapist. “Everything I touch turns to shit.”​

Continued:

Life is funny.

He may end up saving it, by forcing us to reconsider our standards, and our commitment to paying attention and voting. We allowed a shallow, narcissistic man-child to get into the White House, and that's our own fault. So maybe we've all learned our lesson.

Ya never know.

This sounds eerily like a plea from a battered house wife, no offense intended. Almost like bargaining that the current normal is okay or even normal. And that once the bad Orange man is gone, the old norms will be restored. We elected a terrible person to guard the stable this time and the horses are long gone.

I'd say DEFINITELY if the American people are dumb enough to give him another four years. Don't let it happen. Ixnay!!

Donald trump is testing the institution of the presidency unlike any of his 43 predecessors. We have never had a president so ill-informed about the nature of his office, so openly mendacious, so self-destructive, or so brazen in his abusive attacks on the courts, the press, Congress (including members of his own party), and even senior officials within his own administration. Trump is a Frankenstein’s monster of past presidents’ worst attributes: Andrew Jackson’s rage; Millard Fillmore’s bigotry; James Buchanan’s incompetence and spite; Theodore Roosevelt’s self-aggrandizement; Richard Nixon’s paranoia, insecurity, and indifference to law; and Bill Clinton’s lack of self-control and reflexive dishonesty.​
“Enlightened statesmen will not always be at the helm,” James Madison wrote in one of the Federalist Papers during the debates over the ratification of the Constitution. He was right, but he never could have imagined Donald Trump.​
At this point in the singular Trump presidency, we can begin to assess its impact on American democracy. The news thus far is not all bad. The Constitution’s checks and balances have largely stopped Trump from breaking the law. And while he has hurt his own administration, his successors likely won’t repeat his self-destructive antics. The prognosis for the rest of our democratic culture is grimmer, however. Trump’s bizarre behavior has coarsened politics and induced harmful norm-breaking by the institutions he has attacked. These changes will be harder to undo.​
Trump, in short, is wielding a Soprano touch on American institutions. “I’m fucking King Midas in reverse here,” Tony Soprano once told his therapist. “Everything I touch turns to shit.”​

Continued:

Life is funny.

He may end up saving it, by forcing us to reconsider our standards, and our commitment to paying attention and voting. We allowed a shallow, narcissistic man-child to get into the White House, and that's our own fault. So maybe we've all learned our lesson.

Ya never know.

This sounds eerily like a plea from a battered house wife, no offense intended. Almost like bargaining that the current normal is okay or even normal. And that once the bad Orange man is gone, the old norms will be restored. We elected a terrible person to guard the stable this time and the horses are long gone.
No, sometimes it takes hitting rock bottom before we come back to our senses. We've dropped our standards into the toilet, and maybe this period will show us that we have to raise those standards, or else.

The current normal is neither normal nor okay. If we let that happen, then yeah, we're fucked.

Continued:

What makes you think for a nanosecond, that Sleepy Creepy Joe is in any way qualified in the slightest to rule over this tremendous nation?

Your hero doesn't know what state he's in.

On his best day, he didn't hold a candle to the Trumpster, and its been a very long time since he had even a coherent day, much less his best day

Continued:

Life is funny.

Ya never know.

No, sometimes it takes hitting rock bottom before we come back to our senses. We've dropped our standards into the toilet, and maybe this period will show us that we have to raise those standards, or else.

The current normal is neither normal nor okay. If we let that happen, then yeah, we're fucked.

The election of the Orange abuser in chief cemented to me that Americans have no standards. I've just grown to accept it and it's made things much easier to understand. Our abuser is never held accountable. Half us are suffering and fighting back with everything we have, while the other half is suffering some political Stockholm Syndrome and are polishing the paddles.

Continued:

Him, AG Barr, and alt right republicans and libertarians.

Continued:

Life is funny.

Ya never know.

The election of the Orange abuser in chief cemented to me that Americans have no standards. I've just grown to accept it and it's made things much easier to understand. Our abuser is never held accountable. Half us are suffering and fighting back with everything we have, while the other half is suffering some political Stockholm Syndrome and are polishing the paddles.
I keep hoping, what the hell. I do get it, though. We made mega-celebrities out of the Kardashians and a President out of Trump. That reflects something pretty broken.

But one of my myriad character flaws is that I'm always finding a silver lining. Drives my wife and kids nuts at times.

:redface:

Continued:

he might not actually "destroy" the presidency but he is obviously in the process of establishing a "president for life" dictatorship/tyranny.

Certainly he will (for his right wing fascist conservative base)

-take full control of the SC (check)
-fill all courts with hard core nazi conservatives (check)
-put hard core right wing fascist scum in ALL KEY and IMPORTANT positions (check)
-re-interpret the constitution to deny rights and freedoms to his ENEMIES: everyone who isn't a deranged trump supporter, apparently
- shut down opposition press
-rig the voting system that he can't lose an election

Continued:

No, it won't destroy it. I think a lot of people who always took for granted that our President would have some dignity and some respect for the Constitution and the laws are now going to actually APPRECIATE IT when we get a real President back.

Give him another 4 years (assuming one of his coagulated hamburder veins doesn't pop) and I won't have that sort of faith in our fragile, young democracy.

Continued:

No, it won't destroy it. I think a lot of people who always took for granted that our President would have some dignity and some respect for the Constitution and the laws are now going to actually APPRECIATE IT when we get a real President back.

I believe that people who believe that "America is OUR country, NOT YOURS!"
and
"America is a CHRISTIAN NATION"
and
"the constitution IS A CHRISTIAN document"
and
"ALL rights come from god"
and
"ONLY christians have rights"
and
"if you don't agree with us and let us OFFICIALLY DECLARE the USA to be a CHRISTIAN NATION then YOU are god hating christian hating America hating constitution hating libtards and scumbags and traitors who should be shot"

could EASILY destroy "Constitutional, Democratic/Republican FREEDOM LOVING USA and replace it with a blood thirsty christofascist tyrannical dictatorship.

as all current evidence proves

Continued:

You’re an idiot.

After seeing all the positive changes Trump has made to benefit all Americans, I’m seeing another easy win for him in November.

This is the primary reason he will lose. Intelligent people from all parties see Drumpf for what he is. A divisive, incompetent fuckup and the weakest leader in american history bar none. Smart repubs will take one on the chin next election and try again in 4 years. If he is actually voted in again then yes he will destroy not only the presidency but the nation.

Oakland will be in flames.
Wont be the first or the last time. I'm proud to call that city my hometown.
Most people born there are ashamed of it.

Continued:

Democrats respect the Constitution?

Ya don't say.

Forum List

Back