Will Aaron Judge pass Roger Maris for the Yankees single season Home Run record?

Will Judge break Maris single season Home Rub record?

• Yes

• No

• I wonder if I threw a Pineapple could he knock it out of the park?

• Bruce go back to trolling!

Results are only viewable after voting.
He fucking deserves it. He gambled on himself and won. He is a very appropriate lifetime Yankee. But if they don’t come across and they force him to walk, shame on them.
the guy went in 5 years from 500 thou a year to 19 mil.....i think up to this point they have treated the guy fairly....and that includes 2 years he was hampered by injuries....

the guy went in 5 years from 500 thou a year to 19 mil.....i think up to this point they have treated the guy fairly....and that includes 2 years he was hampered by injuries....

The Yankees paid him Rookie money after he hit 52 HRs
They only advanced his Salary at the bare minimum

Only reason he makes $19 million is Arbitration not Yankee generosity

I thought the 8 year offer was more than fair. If they received a sweetheart deal early in his career, not unusual in ANY sport for newer players who overachieve; the $230M contract offer made up for it in spades.

Now, he didn't agree. That's his perogative obviously and his bet has paid off without question.

He outperformed the $19M which he himself proposed/accepted so that he could put it behind him and focus on his season. He would have received MORE in arbitration, but, his decision was a rare and classy move by him, basically not only betting on himself, but also not wanting the usual dirty reality of arbitration to unfold where his team would slag him throughout the process to decrease the judgement.

This tells me that he definitely wants to remain a Yankee, and, he has full confidence in his ability. I recall he was off to a slow start too, so he really took the bull by the horns.

The Yankees paid him Rookie money after he hit 52 HRs
They only advanced his Salary at the bare minimum

Only reason he makes $19 million is Arbitration not Yankee generosity

I recall that he accepted $19M to avoid arbitration. He would have received more I imagine, but his reasons were probably to avoid the nasty process.

It's repeated over and over by players that they are shocked when they sit in a boardroom and lawyers, GMs etc on his own team strip him to pieces and call out any and every poor stat, character flaw, late to practice in order to pay him less. The team doesn't dislike the player that much, but, as they say "it's strictly business".

Many players who are sensitive or wear their heart on their sleeve can really feel a sense of disloyalty or not feeling wanted. It can impact their game or future decisions. Teams don't like it either for this reason, especially if they really like the player.

The settlement was a win/win agreement I suppose.

So far, maybe. But it took some arbitration to get to that last level. But, by market standards, he is worth vastly more. He is as of this moment a likelybtriple crown winner. He is about to set the genuine major league home run record for one season. He has played some sparkling defense. He is a force on the team. He has a win over replacement value greater than some entire teams’.

The shelf life of these athletes is relatively brief. So it makes great sense to grab what you can when you can. He is worth it.

he didnt go to arbitration.....

They settled half way between Judges number and the Yankees
Thing is the season had already started an Judge was already on a tear. Yanks could have given Judge his asking price to show good faith.
Now, in free agency, Judge owes them nothing

So far, maybe. But it took some arbitration to get to that last level. But, by market standards, he is worth vastly more. He is as of this moment a likelybtriple crown winner. He is about to set the genuine major league home run record for one season. He has played some sparkling defense. He is a force on the team. He has a win over replacement value greater than some entire teams’.

The shelf life of these athletes is relatively brief. So it makes great sense to grab what you can when you can. He is worth it.
relatively brief?....we are talking baseball not football.....

They settled half way between Judges number and the Yankees
Thing is the season had already started an Judge was already on a tear. Yanks could have given Judge his asking price to show good faith.
Now, in free agency, Judge owes them nothing
and i suppose you think the Yankees are different than other teams?....

and i suppose you think the Yankees are different than other teams?....
Of course not

I just think they could have locked Judge up earlier if they weren’t so thrifty

Now, they will pay big time

relatively brief?....we are talking baseball not football.....

Yeah. Not such a hot point my friend. 😎

Of course not

I just think they could have locked Judge up earlier if they weren’t so thrifty

Now, they will pay big time
Assuming they will pay. Hal Steinbrenner differs from his dad in the way he does business, and I haven’t seen him say bringing back AJ is a priority. I don’t think the Yankees will give a crazy 10 year contract like judge will probably want. It’s feasible that Judge signs somewhere else, particularly if the Yankees do poorly again in the playoffs.

Speaking of free agents I saw Buster Olney predict DeGrom not re-signing with the Mets. Now that would suck.

Assuming they will pay. Hal Steinbrenner differs from his dad in the way he does business, and I haven’t seen him say bringing back AJ is a priority. I don’t think the Yankees will give a crazy 10 year contract like judge will probably want. It’s feasible that Judge signs somewhere else, particularly if the Yankees do poorly again in the playoffs.

Speaking of free agents I saw Buster Olney predict DeGrom not re-signing with the Mets. Now that would suck.
Hal is much thriftier than his dad

But it would be a public relations disaster if they don’t sign Judge after a 60 HR, MVP season

Hal is much thriftier than his dad

But it would be a public relations disaster if they don’t sign Judge after a 60 HR, MVP season
True, Judge does have leverage. I’m not saying he’s going to leave, but I also think there is a world where another team outbids them Yankees for his services. The Yankees maybe don’t break the bank to bring back a that has been injured a lot on a team that isn’t a contender. Maybe they need to rebuild.

Yeah. Not such a hot point my friend. 😎
many of those guys just didnt have what it takes to make it.........

As much as I despise the Yankees one must tip their hat to Aaron Judge season with the Yankees and his pursuit to break Roger Maris record of 61 dingers in a season.

So answer the poll and let discuss Baseball…

Roger Maris doesn’t hold the HR record, Barry Bonds does at 73. We’ll see if judge can get on a historic tear and get within anywhere near the record

Forum List

Back