Why you shouldn't try to reason with Trump supporters

USMB validates everything the writer points out.

Reporters have noticed that no amount of evidence to the contrary will sway the most die-hard Trump fans
Jeremy Binckes

A year ago, in the wake of President Donald Trump's stunning election win, you couldn't swing a dead cat in the Rust Belt without hitting a Trump supporter who understood the president-elect's flaws, but insisted on giving him a chance to follow through on his campaign promises. Over the next 365 days, reporters visited and re-visited so-called Trump country — even as support for him dwindled in those areas — searching for the reasons why people continued to pledge their support for making America great again.

A new Politico Magazine profile of die-hard Trump supporters in Johnstown, Pa — the heart of Trump country — suggests that Trump's most fervent fans haven't swayed in their support, even as the president continues to break (or forget) his promises. Here's one Johnstown, Pennsylvania, native, telling a Politico reporter why he liked Trump.

“Everybody I talk to,” he said, “realizes it’s not Trump who’s dragging his feet. Trump’s probably the most diligent, hardest-working president we’ve ever had in our lifetimes. It’s not like he sleeps in till noon and goes golfing every weekend, like the last president did.”

I stopped him, informing him that, yes, Barack Obama liked to golf, but Trump in fact does golf a lot, too—more, in fact.

Del Signore was surprised to hear this.

“Does he?” he said.

“Yes,” I said.

He did not linger on this topic, smiling and changing the subject with a quip. “If I was married to his wife,” Del Signore said, “I don’t think I’d go anywhere.”

This is the Trump supporter in a nutshell: When confronted with facts, the topic changed. The sources they use to get their information on a daily basis are suspect: Friends, family and Fox News. The latter is, well, Fox News, but the former are the people who were absolutely certain that Obama was the antichrist.

In short, the Trump die-hards are not sound on policy or history — recent or otherwise. It wouldn't be fair to say that they're unfairly ridiculed, because they constantly wave their ignorance around like it's a flag.

Accept the fact that you are beaten because the media’s propaganda no longer works.
But call it “trump supporters still like trump after years of the media telling them they shouldn’t likeTrump”

You have lost. Not me. You lost when you picked Trump.

Well tell them to hurry up. I'm getting bored.

You must have a direct line to the leftist congress critters.

Not really. I just perform my duty as a citizen and stay informed.

I just perform my duty as a citizen and stay informed.

someday, you'll be 'informed' that the popular vote doesn't put the president in office, the Electoral vote does.

Someday you can explain why the way Trump got elected has only happened 5 times in our history.

Electoral Vote.

it decides the presidency, not the popular vote.

Get 'informed'.

It is apparent I am more informed than you. Mindlessly repeating what you have continues to ignore the fact that only 5 times in about 60 elections the loser of the popular vote gets more electoral votes. And to claim the American people elected this president on this basis is just simply incorrect.

I'm aware of the times the EV put the president into the Oval Office.

I'm also aware that without winning the EV, a candidate has no chance winning the Office.

Can you name one elected president that didn't win the electoral vote?

(you might also want to remember, states elect the president, not the population)

USMB validates everything the writer points out.

Reporters have noticed that no amount of evidence to the contrary will sway the most die-hard Trump fans
Jeremy Binckes

A year ago, in the wake of President Donald Trump's stunning election win, you couldn't swing a dead cat in the Rust Belt without hitting a Trump supporter who understood the president-elect's flaws, but insisted on giving him a chance to follow through on his campaign promises. Over the next 365 days, reporters visited and re-visited so-called Trump country — even as support for him dwindled in those areas — searching for the reasons why people continued to pledge their support for making America great again.

A new Politico Magazine profile of die-hard Trump supporters in Johnstown, Pa — the heart of Trump country — suggests that Trump's most fervent fans haven't swayed in their support, even as the president continues to break (or forget) his promises. Here's one Johnstown, Pennsylvania, native, telling a Politico reporter why he liked Trump.

“Everybody I talk to,” he said, “realizes it’s not Trump who’s dragging his feet. Trump’s probably the most diligent, hardest-working president we’ve ever had in our lifetimes. It’s not like he sleeps in till noon and goes golfing every weekend, like the last president did.”

I stopped him, informing him that, yes, Barack Obama liked to golf, but Trump in fact does golf a lot, too—more, in fact.

Del Signore was surprised to hear this.

“Does he?” he said.

“Yes,” I said.

He did not linger on this topic, smiling and changing the subject with a quip. “If I was married to his wife,” Del Signore said, “I don’t think I’d go anywhere.”

This is the Trump supporter in a nutshell: When confronted with facts, the topic changed. The sources they use to get their information on a daily basis are suspect: Friends, family and Fox News. The latter is, well, Fox News, but the former are the people who were absolutely certain that Obama was the antichrist.

In short, the Trump die-hards are not sound on policy or history — recent or otherwise. It wouldn't be fair to say that they're unfairly ridiculed, because they constantly wave their ignorance around like it's a flag.

Accept the fact that you are beaten because the media’s propaganda no longer works.
But call it “trump supporters still like trump after years of the media telling them they shouldn’t likeTrump”

You have lost. Not me. You lost when you picked Trump.

I want to lose like this again in 2020. So let Salon and their <<<writers>>> and all the media keep telling us why we shouldn’t like a Trump. Worked wonders in 2016 :)

you people are wasting your time i am 2 has "issues"....basically he is a dipshit...
You have the issues. You're ignorant.
are you going to run from this thread too?...why dont you go back to your other thread and answer the question you brought up?...or are you just going to continue to be a pussy and avoid answering the tougher questions?...

you people are wasting your time i am 2 has "issues"....basically he is a dipshit...
are you going to run from this thread too?...why dont you go back to your other thread and answer the question you brought up?...or are you just going to continue to be a pussy and avoid answering the tougher questions?...

What am I supposed to be running from son?
me who else....apparently i ask questions you dont like....but i can understand why,when you label someone you are supposed to be able to back it up....something you have a hard time doing....you call someone a racist back it up asshole....now run along like you usually do.....

Can we assume you won’t be celebrating when Trump wins again in 2020, IM2?

:)

What will you do if Trump loses? You guys live in that alternative world where you are lied to about what's going on. You just think a man who lost the popular vote running as an outsider is just going to easily march in to victory even though his record as president shows failure.

You should be running from democrats.

What will you do if Trump loses? You guys live in that alternative world where you are lied to about what's going on. You just think a man who lost the popular vote running as an outsider is just going to easily march in to victory even though his record as president shows failure.
Which democrat do you think has the best chance of beating Trump?

me who else....apparently i ask questions you dont like....but i can understand why,when you label someone you are supposed to be able to back it up....something you have a hard time doing....you call someone a racist back it up asshole....now run along like you usually do.....

I have explained to you why I say you are a racist. Furthermore another person explained it to you. Now your following me around in every thread asking me to repeat myself is not going to cut it. I have backed myself up and others have backed that up. If you are not racist, then take on the white racists here and don't call blacks racists for pointing out racism.

You should be running from democrats.

There is no reason to do that. It's not 1869.

Biden, Sanders, Warren, Harris. And I can keep going. Outside of the alternative fact world that you live in, Trump is not liked.

Biden, Sanders, Warren, Harris. And I can keep going. Outside of the alternative fact world that you live in, Trump is not liked.
Are you going to cry racism when he wins a second term?

I have explained to you why I say you are a racist. Furthermore another person explained it to you. Now your following me around in every thread asking me to repeat myself is not going to cut it. I have backed myself up and others have backed that up. If you are not racist, then take on the white racists here and don't call blacks racists for pointing out racism.
you explained shit...and that other person was just like you,ask to prove it and she ran just like you did....she said i said you were an economic loser because you were black....she of course would not show in that thread were i said that and when i asked you to show me you did the same dam thing.....the only thing i would agree with is that you are a loser....and your skin color has nothing to do with that....oh and the great majority of the people in this forum think you are a racist,the comments in your threads prove that....so this bullshit about "others have backed that up" is just more bullshit fantasy from you........

Forum List

Back