Why we won't win.

CharlestonChad said:
congress

Do I need to hold your hand in this thread, or can you figure things out for yourself?

Oh, please do. I'm not very bright. It's not my fault though, my mother smoked crack while she was pregnant.

Said1 said:
And further more, how long do you think it takes terrorists to organize, arm and infiltrate and area? One week, month, year? How do you know civil war wasn't imminent prior to the invasion?

How many foreigners died in the American Civil War? Probably less than the amount of Americans that have died in Iraq.

If you're concerned about turmoil among a countries own citizens, then I'm sure you are in favor of evacuating the middle east and sending those troops to central and western Africa, right.

CharlestonChad said:
How many foreigners died in the American Civil War? Probably less than the amount of Americans that have died in Iraq.

If you're concerned about turmoil among a countries own citizens, then I'm sure you are in favor of evacuating the middle east and sending those troops to central and western Africa, right.

Whatever.

Now, how about the other questions I asked? Ideas, suggestions?

CharlestonChad said:
The Taliban was a tangible group. Our attacks were justified retaliation, unlike what we're doing in Iraq.

Do you not recall the resolutions that Iraq fragrantly breached? Do you not remember the 12 years of failed attempts to get them to adhere to the resolutions? Do you not recall Iraq sending away inspectors, on more than one occassion?

They wouldn't and couldn't account for missing chemicals/weapons. Saddam still had his henchmen torturing citizens. Iraq repeatedly shot at our planes. They proclaimed they were WMD free, then they said they had them, then they said they didn't, then they said NO to inspectors...

And still after 12 long years there was minimal, if any, progress or cooperation on their part. They were repeatedly warned that they were in material breach and they continued to ignore.

There was MORE than enough justification for going into Iraq. Even the loonies on the left voted to authorize force. In fact, the vote was overwhelmingly passed all the way through our government.

Only those with in need of political gain now use their anti-war rhetoric to their advantage, which I find disgusting.

I really don't believe the Kerry's, Kennedy's & Clinton's, and their foaming at the mouth friends, even recall what their prior stances were. Luckily, the majority of America sees right through the crap, which is why the last democratic primary was literally laughable.

jimnyc said:
Do you not recall the resolutions that Iraq fragrantly breached? Do you not remember the 12 years of failed attempts to get them to adhere to the resolutions? Do you not recall Iraq sending away inspectors, on more than one occassion?

They wouldn't and couldn't account for missing chemicals/weapons. Saddam still had his henchmen torturing citizens. Iraq repeatedly shot at our planes. They proclaimed they were WMD free, then they said they had them, then they said they didn't, then they said NO to inspectors...

And still after 12 long years there was minimal, if any, progress or cooperation on their part. They were repeatedly warned that they were in material breach and they continued to ignore.

There was MORE than enough justification for going into Iraq. Even the loonies on the left voted to authorize force. In fact, the vote was overwhelmingly passed all the way through our government.

Only those with in need of political gain now use their anti-war rhetoric to their advantage, which I find disgusting.

I really don't believe the Kerry's, Kennedy's & Clinton's, and their foaming at the mouth friends, even recall what their prior stances were. Luckily, the majority of America sees right through the crap, which is why the last democratic primary was literally laughable.

So the fact that they might have had WMD's was enough to sacrafice thousands of American lives, trillions of dollars, and the way the world views America?

No doubt the democrats are shamed for supporting the war, BUT congress was misinformed (lied to) by the Bush Admin. so it's difficult for me to put blame on them. I do feel bad for those who still support the war, which has been proven to be justified by a lie.

CharlestonChad said:
So the fact that they might have had WMD's was enough to sacrafice thousands of American lives, trillions of dollars, and the way the world views America?

No doubt the democrats are shamed for supporting the war, BUT congress was misinformed (lied to) by the Bush Admin. so it's difficult for me to put blame on them. I do feel bad for those who still support the war, which has been proven to be justified by a lie.

http://www.glennbeck.com/news/01302004.shtml :laugh:

Said1 said:
And further more, how long do you think it takes terrorists to organize, arm and infiltrate and area? One week, month, year? How do you know civil war wasn't imminent prior to the invasion?

IDK, how is this relevant to this thread. Take your derailing argument to a new thread.

CharlestonChad said:
IDK, how is this relevant to this thread. Take your derailing argument to a new thread.

What does IDK mean? And how would I be derailing a thread about Iraq with comments about Iraqi insurgents?

Said1 said:
What does IDK mean? And how would I be derailing a thread about Iraq with comments about Iraqi insurgents?

I don't know.

I believe it possible for you to make a post with an original thought, and not a question. Please, try to do so.

CharlestonChad said:
I don't know.

I believe it possible for you to make a post with an original thought, and not a question. Please, try to do so.

Please go jerk-off somewhere. Since you can't counter one single arguement in this thread without resorting to emotional, redundant drivel, it might be a better use of your time. :)

CharlestonChad said:

The fact that 12 years of attempts to keep them in check was a miserable failure, and solid proof that Saddam and Iraq had no intention of cooperating. They were warned that military intervention could occur if they refused to cooperate, which they continued to do. Regardless of cost, this man and his government needed to be stopped and/or kept in check to ensure that he didn't try to annihilate his neighbors, or worse.

The cost of war is high and always was, and always will be. It's not only gauged in dollars but also in soldiers lives. That's why we have a military, and one filled with so many brave soldiers dedicated to our country. We know this going in and shouldn't act surprised when life is lost. It sucks, but is an unfortunate, and mostly unavoidable, consequence of being involved in war. Our soldiers are hero's and don't think for a moment that most don't realize they are putting their lives on the line for our country when they enlist.

Now, can you please post proof of these lies? Not bad intel, but proof to backup your claims. But regardless of your idea of a lie, this war was easily justified by simply looking at the resolutions they breached. Or are you saying they are useless and shouldn't be enforced?

Said1 said:
It's all pre-present Bush admin. So did the intel come from the other Bush, 8yrs prior?

No, the dates ranged from the late 90's to 2003. I think Bush was elected in 2000.

I'm not a fan/supporter of Clinton either. Both him and Bush were morons.

Forum List

Back