Why we have gun crime, the Minnesota edition...gun crime after gun crime and released over and over

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Normal people who own and carry guns for self defense are not the people causing our gun crime. Our gun crime is the result of criminal justice policies that allow violent, repeat gun offenders out of jail on cash bond, or no bond, over and over again, and out of prison, over and over again, with ridiculously short prison sentences...

this needs to stop......

MN Criminal An Example Of Catch And Release Criminal Justice

The St. Paul Pioneer Press uncovered the recent criminal history of 25-year old Stephen Michael Lincoln, a convicted felon who’s been caught with guns and ammunition four different times since September of 2019. Each arrest has led to more charges for Lincoln, but none of them have led to him remaining behind bars for long, despite violating his parole.

He was charged Monday in Ramsey County District Court with two counts of unlawful possession of a firearm after police spotted two people “slumped over” in a pickup truck Saturday, according to the criminal complaint.

Officers recognized Lincoln as one of the occupants from his previous arrests. They found the gun, vest, magazines and ammunition when they searched the vehicle, according to the criminal complaint.

The firearm, a loaded Brugger & Thomet TP9 handgun, was beneath the driver’s seat, according to the complaint. The ballistic vest, three Glock 9-millimeter magazines, two Tec magazines and the loose rounds of ammunition were in a suitcase in the back seat.

Lincoln was arrested at the scene and declined to make a statement to investigators. The female passenger with him said she didn’t know anything about guns in the vehicle.

The Pioneer Press says Lincoln has two other outstanding cases in Ramsey County, including a case stemming from an October arrest on a warrant.

While searching him, police discovered a small bag of methamphetamine in his pocket and a handgun on his waist, court documents say. A loaded handgun also was reportedly found in his vehicle.

Lincoln, who has pleaded not guilty to the charges, posted bond in October and was released from custody.

Democrats in control of Minnesota’s House and governor’s office have been demanding passage of several gun control laws, including a universal background check bill and a red flag law, but Republicans, who still control the state Senate, have been calling for better enforcement of existing laws. In fact, the Duluth News-Tribune covered a Senate hearing in Hibbing, Minnesota where Republicans and Democrats were interested in two very different approaches to fighting crime.

Police have arrested this felon four times in the last four months. Each time, he’s been carrying guns, charges say. – Twin Cities

State law prohibits Lincoln from possessing a firearm since he was convicted of felony level domestic assault in 2011, court records say.
-----

He has two other unlawful gun-possession cases pending against him in Ramsey County from earlier this fall.

In the first, officers pulled him over Sept. 13 after noting that his vehicle’s windows were illegally tinted and found multiple bags of marijuana, as well as two loaded handguns, inside, charges say.

He was picked up again Oct. 7 on a warrant from the previous incident after officers found him working on his vehicle at a White Bear Lake address.

While searching him, police discovered a small bag of methamphetamine in his pocket and a handgun on his waist, court documents say. A loaded handgun also was reportedly found in his vehicle.

Normal people who own and carry guns for self defense are not the people causing our gun crime. Our gun crime is the result of criminal justice policies that allow violent, repeat gun offenders out of jail on cash bond, or no bond, over and over again, and out of prison, over and over again, with ridiculously short prison sentences...

this needs to stop......

MN Criminal An Example Of Catch And Release Criminal Justice

The St. Paul Pioneer Press uncovered the recent criminal history of 25-year old Stephen Michael Lincoln, a convicted felon who’s been caught with guns and ammunition four different times since September of 2019. Each arrest has led to more charges for Lincoln, but none of them have led to him remaining behind bars for long, despite violating his parole.

He was charged Monday in Ramsey County District Court with two counts of unlawful possession of a firearm after police spotted two people “slumped over” in a pickup truck Saturday, according to the criminal complaint.

Officers recognized Lincoln as one of the occupants from his previous arrests. They found the gun, vest, magazines and ammunition when they searched the vehicle, according to the criminal complaint.

The firearm, a loaded Brugger & Thomet TP9 handgun, was beneath the driver’s seat, according to the complaint. The ballistic vest, three Glock 9-millimeter magazines, two Tec magazines and the loose rounds of ammunition were in a suitcase in the back seat.

Lincoln was arrested at the scene and declined to make a statement to investigators. The female passenger with him said she didn’t know anything about guns in the vehicle.

The Pioneer Press says Lincoln has two other outstanding cases in Ramsey County, including a case stemming from an October arrest on a warrant.

Lincoln, who has pleaded not guilty to the charges, posted bond in October and was released from custody.

Democrats in control of Minnesota’s House and governor’s office have been demanding passage of several gun control laws, including a universal background check bill and a red flag law, but Republicans, who still control the state Senate, have been calling for better enforcement of existing laws. In fact, the Duluth News-Tribune covered a Senate hearing in Hibbing, Minnesota where Republicans and Democrats were interested in two very different approaches to fighting crime.

Police have arrested this felon four times in the last four months. Each time, he’s been carrying guns, charges say. – Twin Cities

State law prohibits Lincoln from possessing a firearm since he was convicted of felony level domestic assault in 2011, court records say.
-----

He has two other unlawful gun-possession cases pending against him in Ramsey County from earlier this fall.

In the first, officers pulled him over Sept. 13 after noting that his vehicle’s windows were illegally tinted and found multiple bags of marijuana, as well as two loaded handguns, inside, charges say.

He was picked up again Oct. 7 on a warrant from the previous incident after officers found him working on his vehicle at a White Bear Lake address.

We have all the violence in american society that we have because we have always been a very violent society.

Guns don't kill people...

... people kill people...

... same goes for knives an' machetes.

upload_2020-1-12_19-57-49.png

A felon arrested 4 times in 4 months for carrying a firearm and keeps getting cut loose because of Democrat policies.

Remind me why we need MORE gun laws again, leftists...

At the prison I worked at I saw convicts released and return after a few months, sometimes after only a few weeks. I saw some that had been in and out of the same unit 4 times. The government are the ones causing this problem. My drug dealing son in law paroled after a long time in the pen for drugs, gets arrested 3 times for drugs within about a month, and this was at least 8 months ago. Guess what, he's still running around free, but he goes to church every Sunday.

At the prison I worked at I saw convicts released and return after a few months, sometimes after only a few weeks. I saw some that had been in and out of the same unit 4 times. The government are the ones causing this problem. My drug dealing son in law paroled after a long time in the pen for drugs, gets arrested 3 times for drugs within about a month, and this was at least 8 months ago. Guess what, he's still running around free, but he goes to church every Sunday.

We don't have the prison space to lock up people for petty offenses.

We already lock up 2 million people and have another 7 million on probation or parole.

We already lock up 2 million people and have another 7 million on probation or parole.

Moron, these aren't petty offences they are felony arrests with illegal guns.

Since most people in prison aren't actually serving time but are instead awaiting trial all we need to do to free up prison space is revamp our arraignment and bail policies and use more electronic monitoring

Since most people in prison aren't actually serving time but are instead awaiting trial all we need to do to free up prison space is revamp our arraignment and bail policies and use more electronic monitoring

But this is what Dick Tiny is whining about, that these people arrested for minor gun crimes are getting bail.

Electronic monitoring is worthless.

Most gun deaths are domestic violence, not career criminals.

We need to build more prisons.....thousands more....stop wasting tax dollars on schools and other gay shit.....prisons are where its at.....if not just mass public executions...

If Trump was a real leader, he would make this happen...this is happening on his watch and he doing nothing...

#MAGA

But this is what Dick Tiny is whining about, that these people arrested for minor gun crimes are getting bail.

Most murders are committed by people who have some sort of criminal record.

70% of all murders take place in very small very well defined areas

If we didn't lock people up for drug and property crimes we'd have more than enough space to keep violent pieces of shit locked up

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

some sort of criminal record usually means, "Had an encounter with the police" at some time in their life.

If we didn't lock people up for drug and property crimes we'd have more than enough space to keep violent pieces of shit locked up

NO, we really wouldn't. Frankly, I'd rather lock up the guy who stole my property than the guy who just got caught with a gun because he lives in a dangerous neighborhood.

The criminals are already exploiting the electronic monitoring here in Chicago....they now have ways to leave their homes without triggering the devices.......and the cities experimenting with "No Bail," release are already getting repeat offenders who are committing crime after crime and getting released each time......

And you are wrong...most murder is not domestic violence......it is criminals with long histories of crime and violence killing girlfriends and their drug buyers or sellers.......because the term they use is "known to the assailant" not domestic violence you dope.

some sort of criminal record usually means, "Had an encounter with the police" at some time in their life.

NO, we really wouldn't. Frankly, I'd rather lock up the guy who stole my property than the guy who just got caught with a gun because he lives in a dangerous neighborhood.

And you are wrong...

The Criminology of Firearms

In 2004, the National Academy of Sciences reviewed 253 journal articles, 99 books, 43 government publications and some empirical research of its own about guns. The Academy could not identify any gun restriction that had reduced violent crime, suicide or gun accidents.

Why don't gun bans work? Because they rely on voluntary compliance by gun-using criminals. Prohibitionists never see this absurdity because they deceive themselves into thinking that, as Katherine Christoffel has said: "[M]ost shootings are not committed by felons or mentally ill people, but are acts of passion that are committed using a handgun that is owned for home protection."

Christoffel, et al., are utterly wrong. The whole corpus of criminological research dating back to the 1890'sshows murderers "almost uniformly have a long history of involvement in criminal behavior," and that "[v]irtually all" murderers and other gun criminals have prior felony records — generally long ones.

While only 15 percent of Americans have criminal records, roughly 90 percent of adult murderers have prior adult records — exclusive of their often extensive juvenile records — with crime careers of six or more adult years including four major felonies.

Gerald D. Robin, writing for the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences,notes that, unlike ordinary gun owners, "the average murderer turns out to be no less hardened a criminal than the average robber or burglar."

The criminals are already exploiting the electronic monitoring here in Chicago....they now have ways to leave their homes without triggering the devices.......and the cities experimenting with "No Bail," release are already getting repeat offenders who are committing crime after crime and getting released each time......

again, can't get worked up about petty crime.

And you are wrong...most murder is not domestic violence......it is criminals with long histories of crime and violence killing girlfriends and their drug buyers or sellers.......because the term they use is "known to the assailant" not domestic violence you dope.

Um, yeah, these guys don't sound like "Career Criminals".

94-year-old man accused of killing wife who allegedly had dementia

Elderly Man Accused Of Killing Girlfriend

Elderly man shoots wife to death before killing self in murder-suicide pact due to 'unaffordable' medical bills

Um, yeah, these guys don't sound like "Career Criminals".

94-year-old man accused of killing wife who allegedly had dementia

Elderly Man Accused Of Killing Girlfriend

Elderly man shoots wife to death before killing self in murder-suicide pact due to 'unaffordable' medical bills

What part of 90% do you not understand....actual research, not 3 stories from the internet....you doofus.....

The Criminology of Firearms

In 2004, the National Academy of Sciences reviewed 253 journal articles, 99 books, 43 government publications and some empirical research of its own about guns. The Academy could not identify any gun restriction that had reduced violent crime, suicide or gun accidents.

Why don't gun bans work? Because they rely on voluntary compliance by gun-using criminals. Prohibitionists never see this absurdity because they deceive themselves into thinking that, as Katherine Christoffel has said: "[M]ost shootings are not committed by felons or mentally ill people, but are acts of passion that are committed using a handgun that is owned for home protection."

Christoffel, et al., are utterly wrong. The whole corpus of criminological research dating back to the 1890'sshows murderers "almost uniformly have a long history of involvement in criminal behavior," and that "[v]irtually all" murderers and other gun criminals have prior felony records — generally long ones.

While only 15 percent of Americans have criminal records, roughly 90 percent of adult murderers have prior adult records — exclusive of their often extensive juvenile records — with crime careers of six or more adult years including four major felonies. Gerald D. Robin, writing for the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences,notes that, unlike ordinary gun owners, "the average murderer turns out to be no less hardened a criminal than the average robber or burglar."

Forum List

Back