Why was society more vapid in the early 2010s?

JakeWIlls92

Gold Member
Apr 6, 2014
It seems like during the 2010-2014 time period people were more carefree, materialistic, and self absorbed. Reality shows were all the rage. People seemed more obsessed with physical appearance to the point of starvation diets or steroids. The "Hollywood" lifestyle was worshiped. Now the pendulum has swung in the opposite direction with the "body positivity" movement and political correctness.

0G7wcqR.jpg

We stopped being inspired by space travel.

7kH3SFA.jpg

9/11, the space shuttle Columbia disaster, and the 2008 financial crisis were the final nails in the coffin of 1990s optimism but how much did the comforts of modern life contribute? How many people living in affluent suburbs thought "Hey life on Earth is good enough already, so why dream of a "Star Trek" future?"

With the way things are right now sometimes I miss that time period.

But I'd hope humanity would look forward instead of backwards. We should be inspired to push forward to a future like "Star Trek". People should be taking care of their bodies not because they want to look like a celebrity but because they want to be healthy enough to go into space.

It seems like pop culture is starting another "space craze".

It seems like during the 2010-2014 time period people were more carefree, materialistic, and self absorbed. Reality shows were all the rage. People seemed more obsessed with physical appearance to the point of starvation diets or steroids. The "Hollywood" lifestyle was worshiped. Now the pendulum has swung in the opposite direction with the "body positivity" movement and political correctness.

0G7wcqR.jpg

We stopped being inspired by space travel.

7kH3SFA.jpg

9/11, the space shuttle Columbia disaster, and the 2008 financial crisis were the final nails in the coffin of 1990s optimism but how much did the comforts of modern life contribute? How many people living in affluent suburbs thought "Hey life on Earth is good enough already, so why dream of a "Star Trek" future?"

With the way things are right now sometimes I miss that time period.

But I'd hope humanity would look forward instead of backwards. We should be inspired to push forward to a future like "Star Trek". People should be taking care of their bodies not because they want to look like a celebrity but because they want to be healthy enough to go into space.

It seems like pop culture is starting another "space craze".

Because to look good takes work, and work to a progressive is like garlic to a vampire.

Damn, you sure do make a lot of "vapid" threads.....Maybe some self-reflection is in order. ;)

Jokes aside since most black women are land whales, it has become in vogue to to claim that fat is beautiful instead of fat shaming them.....I call it the "Fat Bastard" look.

LOL.....It was like that pic they took of gap-tooth Abrams a week or so ago.....I thought she was gong to tell the kids to get into her belly.

Forum List

Back