Why was a declaration of rights needed?

Because government is a necessary evil and must have established boundaries placed upon it.
That is, all the rights in the law are only protection from the state? And how then to judge the murderer, who is not an official? Doesn't it violate the right to life?

what rights not given explicitly are reserved to the People or the individual States ...
where is it written and where does it say that the 14th amendment deals with these implicit rights?

That's a 10th Amendment right, word-for-word almost ... try reading the constitution, it might help you understand ...
You are wrong. The 10th Amendment say that the states have the right to make their own laws, except those that are contrary to the constitution. There is nothing about implicit rights

And there's nothing there about how the 14th amendment applies to implicit rights.

Sure it's the answer. Murderers surrendered their conditional rights when they committed a felony. Rights are conditional.

What do you think the answer is?
I think that rights are guaranteed in any case, regardless of who is trying to violate them, the feds, corporations or individuals.

You are wrong. The 10th Amendment say that the states have the right to make their own laws, except those that are contrary to the constitution. There is nothing about implicit rights

And there's nothing there about how the 14th amendment applies to implicit rights.

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people." [emphasis mine]

Illiterate much? ... and act or behavior is allowed unless there's a written law specifically making such act or behavior illegal ... the opposite of what it's like where you live ...

I think that rights are guaranteed in any case, regardless of who is trying to violate them, the feds, corporations or individuals.
Nope. We know this because there are people in jail, can't own firearms and can't vote.

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people." [emphasis mine]

Illiterate much? ... and act or behavior is allowed unless there's a written law specifically making such act or behavior illegal ... the opposite of what it's like where you live ...
You tell me that there are implicit rights. I know it. What's next?

Last edited:
If implicit rights were covered by the 14th amendment, it would be impossible to write any law, because any law restricts them.

They surrendered their conditional rights when they committed a felony. Rights are conditional.
You are talking some fucking nonsense that has nothing to do with the case. Normally, the government is the guarantor of rights, in relation to anyone. That's what the police and the FBI are for.

You are talking some fucking nonsense that has nothing to do with the case. Normally, the government is the guarantor of rights, in relation to anyone. That's what the police and the FBI are for.
Commit a felony and see what rights you lose. Rights are conditional. You can surrender your rights.

Forum List

Back