Why was a declaration of rights needed?

rupol2000

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2021
I have already lost hope of seeing the beginnings of logic in people whom I used to respect as a Great Nation. But still I'll try.

From the point of view of the "supreme court" written freedoms is no different from unwritten. In that case, why do we need constitutional rights? Wasn't it enough just not to impose bans on freedom of speech, the right to life, and so on?

• Banned
What rights does the 14th Amendment protect? Inalienable rights declared in the constitution or any crazy shit that just didn't have time to ban?

What rights does the 14th Amendment protect? Inalienable rights declared in the constitution or any crazy shit that just didn't have time to ban?

The 14th amendment protects every citizen. It makes sure all citizens are treated and protected the same under the law.

• Banned
The 14th amendment protects every citizen. It makes sure all citizens are treated and protected the same under the law.
You, moron, did someone ask how many citizens are protected by the 14th amendment?

You, moron, did someone ask how many citizens are protected by the 14th amendment?

Ok, maybe your reading comprehension is really low.

You asked what rights the 14th amendment protects. I told you. If you cannot grasp the meaning of what I said, that is your issue not mine.

• Banned
Ok, maybe your reading comprehension is really low.

You asked what rights the 14th amendment protects. I told you. If you cannot grasp the meaning of what I said, that is your issue not mine.
You're talking bullshit in order to litter the topic. Just shut up if you have nothing to say.

How familiar are you with the Old Testament? ... do you see how God worked through a number of different contracts with Man in return for Man's obedience? ... Moses with his rod of judgement, Judges, Kings, Captivity, Dispersal ... Democracy is just one more logical step down this path ...

I recall the question: Why was a declaration of rights needed?

Despite the clowning, I would like to stick to the topic. Once again: if any shit that is not prohibited is a right, then why do we need constitutional directly prescribed rights?

I don't care what "God concluded", it is a secular legal topic

Then Magna Carta ... are you familiar with that document? ... this is how we define a legal right ... [pah-tooy] England and her inbred daughter states all use a Biblical framework for their legal systems ... so it helps for you to know how the Bible sets this up ...

Rights are established to solve a problem ... you'll have to know what the problem was in 1866 here to understand why the 14th Amendment was ratified ... and how each of the individual clauses all fit together as a whole ...

What if Russia adopted the 14th Amendment in 1905 when she finally freed her slaves ... maybe the Bolsheviks lose and fade away ... and you can put a bullet-riddled "Biden 2024" sign in your front yard ...

Please discuss this "document" in the "religion" section. Thank you

Ah ... not familiar with Magna Carta then ... If you want to know "why do we need constitutional rights?" ... you'll have to learn about English Law, and there's no separating Religious Law from Civil Law ... at least not until the 1970's or 80's ... if that offends you, then you don't want to know the answer to your question ... so why ask it?...

Despite the clowning, I would like to stick to the topic. Once again: if any shit that is not prohibited is a right, then why do we need constitutional directly prescribed rights?
Because government is a necessary evil and must have established boundaries placed upon it.

Because government is a necessary evil and must have established boundaries placed upon it.

The US Constitution describes the government's rights ... what rights not given explicitly are reserved to the People or the individual States ... each individual State has their own Constitution clearly spelling out what State's rights are ... unless otherwise stated, any right not given to the government is a right reserved for the individual ...

We used to do things the other way around ... and the King never gave out rights except at sword point ...

The US Constitution describes the government's rights ... what rights not given explicitly are reserved to the People or the individual States ... each individual State has their own Constitution clearly spelling out what State's rights are ... unless otherwise stated, any right not given to the government is a right reserved for the individual ...

We used to do things the other way around ... and the King never gave out rights except at sword point ...

Forum List

Back