Why Trump "loves the evangelicals"

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
Everyone knows that 81 percent of self-identified white evangelicals voted for Donald Trump in the November 2016 presidential election. For almost two years, pundits, historians and political scientists have been working toward an explanation of that most surprising of electoral statistics. But we’re no closer to an answer, and, as we move out of the midterms and into the long presidential campaign season to come, the religious vote remains as important as ever. But what if that widely circulating statistic is actually misleading ?
The Missing Link Between Evangelicals and Trump - The American Interest

I don't think the poll is misleading at all. I believe at least 80% of white evangelical Christians will vote to reelect Trump no matter which Democrat runs.

There is no mystery at all, it is simple as could be.

For the most party evangelicals are one issue voters...abortion.

If they have to pick between a "pro-life" and a "pro-choice" nothing else will come into their equation.

That is why we have not had a fiscal conservative POTUS for longer than anyone in the country has been alive.

Of course Trump gets the evangelical vote. They are EXACTLY the same type of people: mostly under 100 IQ (many FAR under), almost all 'white', usually mid/low income, little/no post secondary education, ignorant, desperate, gullible.
Unfortunately, they also - generally, though not always - seem to be rather xenophobic, misogynistic and often semi-racist. Not a real honorable or admirable bunch...sadly.

Just look at the sad wimps that follow those televangelist's and look at those at a Trump rally? They usually look almost identical (though the rally patrons are often less well dressed).

Trump was 100% right when he made his 'shoot someone on Fifth Avenue' statement. That is how utterly gullible and pathetically weak these people are. They have adorned Trump as their political Messiah...like many German's did with Hitler in the late '30's.

What both groups think means little. They are two, VERY loud, financially/politically/intellectually weak minorities...shrinking in size every day.

And when Trump is gone in 2020 (barring a war), they will go back to being completely ignored again by most of the rest of the country...until they slowly die out and fade from history.

Last edited:

If they have to pick between a "pro-life" and a "pro-choice" nothing else will come into their equation.

That is why we have not had a fiscal conservative POTUS for longer than anyone in the country has been alive.
Not really.

That fact that you're unable to understand people who don't think like you do is why you guys will lose the next election as well. It's also a symptom of stupidity.

Of course Trump gets the religious vote. They are EXACTLY the same type of people: mostly under 100 IQ (many FAR under), almost all 'white', usually mid/low income, little/no post secondary education, ignorant, desperate, gullible.

Just look at the sad wimps that follow those televangelist's and look at those at a Trump rally? They usually look almost identical (though the rally patrons are often less, well dressed).

Trump was 100% right when he made his 'shoot someone on Fifth Avenue' statement. That is how utterly gullible and pathetically weak these people are. They have adorned Trump as their political Messiah...like many German's did with Hitler in the late '30's.

What both groups think means little. They are two, VERY loud, financially weak minorities...shrinking in size every day.

And when Trump is gone in 2020 (barring a war), they will go back to being completely ignored again by most of the rest of the country...until they slowly die out and fade from history.

What a juvenile and bigoted commentary.

What we've come to expect from the left.

Not really.

That fact that you're unable to understand people who don't think like you do is why you guys will lose the next election as well. It's also a symptom of stupidity.

I am not wrong at all. I spent most of my life as an evangelical, and 95% of them would never vote for a pro-choice candidate. The fact that you are too stupid to know this is something that I cannot help with.

I lose every election, this past one my party only got 4,488,931 of the votes.

but is is better than being a blind, partisan sheep like you.

So what think it’s safe to say at least 90 percent of the black vote will go to the Democrat whoever it is neither one is something we didn’t already know.
Good point. Demographically the numbers are probably pretty close so they would cancel each other out unless you include the Hispanics. In my view women will ultimately be the deciders in 2020.

Of course Trump gets the religious vote. They are EXACTLY the same type of people: mostly under 100 IQ (many FAR under), almost all 'white', white usually mid/low income, little/no post secondary education, ignorant, desperate, and gullible.

Just look at the sad wimps that who follow those televangelist's televangelists and look at those at a Trump rally? . They usually look almost identical (though the rally patrons are often less, well dressed less well-dressed).

Trump was 100% right when he made his " 'shoot someone on Fifth Avenue' "statement. That is how utterly gullible and pathetically weak these people are. They have adorned Trump as their political Messiah...like many German's did with Hitler in the late '30's. When Godwins, God Loses

What both groups think means little. They are two, VERY loud, financially/politically/intellectually weak minorities...shrinking in size every day.

College Education Overflows From the Shallow End of the Talent Pool

A defensible reply is that you are in denial about your Low-IQ grammar and what it tells us about how defective your education is, no matter what your GPA was. I, who taught myself how to think, can only think that about you "Party of the Educated" Diploma Dumbos.That's what makes your frantic clique project by pretending that those who disagree with you must be as stupid as your ignorance of educated English shows us that you pseudo-intellectuals are.

Last edited:
Of course Trump gets the religious vote. They are EXACTLY the same type of people: mostly under 100 IQ (many FAR under), almost all 'white', usually mid/low income, little/no post secondary education, ignorant, desperate, gullible.

Just look at the sad wimps that follow those televangelist's and look at those at a Trump rally? They usually look almost identical (though the rally patrons are often less, well dressed).

What both groups think means little. They are two, VERY loud, financially weak minorities...shrinking in size every day.

LOL..you just proved what I typed.
1) you are clearly ignorant/uneducated as you have no idea what 'bigoted' actually means.
2) You make a bigoted statement yourself by trying to 'label' me with hatred. Even though you have never even met me.
3) And you make a childish assumption about my political leanings...even though it is typed right in my sig what they are. Talk about not-too-bright and/or observant?
4) and I strongly suspect you dislike what I said because you know it to be largely true.

'bigot

NOUN
  • A person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions.'
bigot | Definition of bigot in English by Oxford Dictionaries

I tolerate Trumpbots/evangelicals. I have had many friends who ended up being both. I tolerate them - but I do NOT agree with what they stand for politically.

And I have never voted for a Dem in my life...and I never will (nor a Rep).

I am a proud independent who believes in NO political party/way of being.

Thank you for providing further evidence of the accuracy of my above statement.

We are done here.

Have a nice day.

Cool. You never voted for a Dem or Repub; your own words McSuckit.
Why the interest in politics since your vote, if you ever used it, IS NULL AND VOID?
Inquiring minds wanna know.

LOL..you just proved what I typed.
1) you are clearly ignorant/uneducated as you have no idea what 'bigoted' actually means.
2) You make a bigoted statement yourself by trying to 'label' me with hatred. Even though you have never even met me.
3) And you make a childish assumption about my political leanings...even though it is typed right in my sig what they are. Talk about not-too-bright and/or observant?
4) and I strongly suspect you dislike what I said because you know it to be largely true.

'bigot

NOUN

I tolerate Trumpbots/evangelicals. I have had many friends who ended up being both. I tolerate them - but I do NOT agree with what they stand for politically.

We are done here.

Have a nice day.

Cool. You never voted for a Dem or Repub; your own words McSuckit.
Why the interest in politics since your vote, if you ever used it, IS NULL AND VOID?
Inquiring minds wanna know.

roughly half the votes cast are null and void.

Everyone knows that 81 percent of self-identified white evangelicals voted for Donald Trump in the November 2016 presidential election. For almost two years, pundits, historians and political scientists have been working toward an explanation of that most surprising of electoral statistics. But we’re no closer to an answer, and, as we move out of the midterms and into the long presidential campaign season to come, the religious vote remains as important as ever. But what if that widely circulating statistic is actually misleading ?
The Missing Link Between Evangelicals and Trump - The American Interest

I don't think the poll is misleading at all. I believe at least 80% of white evangelical Christians will vote to reelect Trump no matter which Democrat runs.

This world is of secondary importance to evangelicals which is why they have no problem voting for the dotard.

roughly half the votes cast are null and void.
It's true there hasn't been a landslide victory since 1984
Ronald Reagan 525, Walter Mondale 13

it is more than just that. In our winner take all system, those that voted for the loser in a state have contributed nothing at all to the outcome of the election, they account for zero EC votes.

Even in 84 many states were close, 18 of them Reagan won less than 60% of the votes.

Not really.

I am not wrong at all. I spent most of my life as an evangelical, and 95% of them would never vote for a pro-choice candidate. The fact that you are too stupid to know this is something that I cannot help with.

So, you never found God.
How sad...

Not really.

So, you never found God.
How sad...

found God when I was in the 5th grade. Baptized in the Caspian Sea.

LOL...you just provided further evidence of what I typed.
1) you are clearly ignorant on some level as you have no idea what 'bigoted' actually means.
3) you make a childish assumption about my political leanings...even though it is typed right in my sig what they are. Talk about not too bright and/or observant?

'bigot

NOUN

We are done here.

Have a nice day.

You are done, you were done before you posted this blather.
I imagine everything you say is a lie, and you're mentally ill.

Of course Trump gets the religious vote. They are EXACTLY the same type of people: mostly under 100 IQ (many FAR under), almost all 'white', white usually mid/low income, little/no post secondary education, ignorant, desperate, and gullible.

Just look at the sad wimps that who follow those televangelist's televangelists and look at those at a Trump rally? . They usually look almost identical (though the rally patrons are often less, well dressed less well-dressed).

Trump was 100% right when he made his " 'shoot someone on Fifth Avenue' "statement. That is how utterly gullible and pathetically weak these people are. They have adorned Trump as their political Messiah...like many German's did with Hitler in the late '30's. When Godwins, God Loses

College Education Overflows From the Shallow End of the Talent Pool

A defensible reply is that you are in denial about your Low-IQ grammar and what it tells us about how defective your education is, no matter what your GPA was. I, who taught myself how to think, can only think that about you "Party of the Educated" Diploma Dumbos.That's what makes your frantic clique project by pretending that those who disagree with you must be as stupid as your ignorance of educated English shows us that you pseudo-intellectuals are.

LOL...is that your idea of a link?

As for your highlighted statement? Sorry pal...100% erroneous.

Average IQ of university students is around 115 IQ points - read more.

The average IQ of someone who attended university is 115...way above average.

Mine was government tested - several times - at 124-126. Miles from genius - but miles from average, as well.

As for my grammar/punctuation? I freely admit it sucks. Never paid much attention to it growing up/in university...had more important things on my mind.
That was the thing about economics/psych (my major/minor in university)...grammar means little to either.

So now that I have factually disproved your link less 'theory', we are done here.

Have a nice day.

You haven't disproven anything, you tard.

Forum List

Back