Why the Vatican needs to open its archives on Pope Pius XII

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Pope Francis announced recently that, in 2020, the Vatican will open to researchers its archival materials related to Pius XII, who served as pope from 1939 to 1958.

The Vatican generally waits roughly 70 years after the end of a papacy before making archival materials available. In this case, the Vatican has decided to allow access earlier, possibly due to the controversy surrounding Pius XII’s wartime papacy.

Many have criticized Pius XII for failing to condemn the Holocaust. Instead, he spoke out against the general loss of life in wartime.

Others believe he worked behind the scenes to combat the Nazis and save Jewish lives. The Vatican archives might soon shed some light on these questions.

In the meantime, what do we know about his papacy and the environment in which he was working?

Fear of communism
As a scholar who has been teaching Holocaust history primarily to students who grew up in the Christian faith, the question of the attitudes of Christians, and especially of the Church, comes up frequently in my classes.

There is strong evidence that Pius XII knew of the Nazis’ “Final Solution”– their intention to annihilate the Jews. Information came to him from various sources. For example, the Polish ambassador to the Vatican brought the pope updates and entreaties for action.

Additionally, the World Jewish Congress begged the pope openly to proclaim his revulsion for Nazism. Even the U.S. informed the Vatican in September 1942 that residents of the Warsaw Ghetto were being slaughtered.
Why the Vatican needs to open its archives on Pope Pius XII

Yep. He did know.

What are you going to tell them about this?? Now Netanyahu wants to blame the head of the Palestinians. Time to give back all the money Germany paid.

What are you going to tell them about this?? Now Netanyahu wants to blame the head of the Palestinians. Time to give back all the money Germany paid.

Stick with the topic, Penelope.

I'd say so what if he knew, are you going to make him more dead.

Speaking out about the loss of life is sufficient, jews are not more important than anyone else.

This mass genocide occurring now and since WWI of the Palestinians, who knows and is keep silent? Answer -the US.

Sure open them up, and I'm sure you will find him innocent, or are the jews out to get money from the Catholic Church.

Last edited:
I am so sick of hearing about the holocaust, which is and has been happening in Palestine against the Palestinians since after WWI. Yet we, the US is being silent about it.

I'd say so what if he knew, are you going to make him more dead.

Speaking out about the loss of life is sufficient, jews are not more important than anyone else.

This mass genocide occurring now and since WWI of the Palestinians, who knows and is keep silent? Answer -the US.

Sure open them up, and I'm sure you will find him innocent, or are the jews out to get money from the Catholic Church.

Yes, open them up. The impact of his decision making process reached places like Argentina.

I am so sick of hearing about the holocaust, which is and has been happening in Palestine against the Palestinians since after WWI. Yet we, the US is being silent about it.

Then go over to the Israel/Pal forum and scream over there.

I am so sick of hearing about the holocaust, which is and has been happening in Palestine against the Palestinians since after WWI.
Such nonsense... if Israel wanted to perpetrate a holocaust, they would have driven every single last Palestinian into the ocean 50 years ago...

If you are sick of hearing about the Holocaust, then throw out all of your computers, phones, televisions, and history books, because it is one of the most important events in human history.

I am so sick of hearing about the holocaust, which is and has been happening in Palestine against the Palestinians since after WWI.
Such nonsense... if Israel wanted to perpetrate a holocaust, they would have driven every single last Palestinian into the ocean 50 years ago...

If you are sick of hearing about the Holocaust, then throw out all of your computers, phones, televisions, and history books, because it is one of the most important events in human history.

Well that is what you have to do nowadays to quit hearing about the holocaust, the nerve of the Jews to make WWII all about themselves. Are we to believe Jews life are worth more than Polish, French, English, or even German life's. I'm sure we are hated around the globe for our war in Iraq, etc, but I'm not involved in that. Most and the maj of citizens of the country are not involved in what those in power decide.

Oh Israel could not just throw all the Palestinians in the Sea, people are watching even with their slow and steady genocide of the Palestinians.

"For more than 30 years, the AJC has called for the full opening the Holy See's Secret Archives from the period of World War Two," said Rabbi David Rosen, the AJC's International Director of Interreligious Affairs.

Vatican to open secret archives on Pope Pius XII, accused of turning blind eye to the Holocaust
----------------------------------

They want money.
Long-Buried Vatican Files Reveal A New Indictment Of Pope Pius XII

Open it up.

Yep, Israel wants more money. They are obsessed with killing the Roman Catholic Church.
"For more than 30 years, the AJC has called for the full opening the Holy See's Secret Archives from the period of World War Two," said Rabbi David Rosen, the AJC's International Director of Interreligious Affairs.

Vatican to open secret archives on Pope Pius XII, accused of turning blind eye to the Holocaust

They want money.

Open it up.

You are aware aren't you that the maj of people who fought for Hitler were Protestants, and even some Jews.

Well that is what you have to do nowadays to quit hearing about the holocaust, the nerve of the Jews to make WWII all about themselves. Are we to believe Jews life are worth more than Polish, French, English, or even German life's. I'm sure we are hated around the globe for our war in Iraq, etc, but I'm not involved in that. Most and the maj of citizens of the country are not involved in what those in power decide.

Oh Israel could not just throw all the Palestinians in the Sea, people are watching even with their slow and steady genocide of the Palestinians.
You are ridiculous. I could point to conflicts all over the globe with more deaths than the palestinians have suffered in 50 years. Your tramsparent objection has more to do with the Jews than it does the Palestinians. You have tipped your hand.

You are ridiculous. I could point to conflicts all over the globe with more deaths than the palestinians have suffered in 50 years. Your tramsparent objection has more to do with the Jews than it does the Palestinians. You have tipped your hand.

I know fully well that Israel is doing a slow steady genocide of the Palestinians. Israel wants money from the RCC, watch and see. I have little use for the Israel or their white collar criminals in the US and what makes it worst , its now in the WH.

I know fully well that Israel is doing a slow steady genocide of the Palestinians.
Well that's utter nonsense. But you are free to talk about it anytime you like. However, your complaint that you hear more about the ww2 holocaust than this is hollow and transparent, and I now know from whence it comes.

They want money.

Open it up.

Yep, Israel wants more money. They are obsessed with killing the Roman Catholic Church.

They want money.

Open it up.

You are aware aren't you that the maj of people who fought for Hitler were Protestants, and even some Jews.

You are ridiculous.

Any historian will tell you the so called Holocaust was just a minor event that took place during WWII.

But the Jews who control the media have fraudulently portrayed the Holocaust as the defining event during WWII that must be endlessly showcased and talked about ad nauseam. .... :cool:

The so called Holocaust was just a minor event that took place during WWII.

But the Jews who control the media have fraudulently portrayed the Holocaust as the defining event during WWII that must be endlessly showcased and talked about ad nauseam. .... :cuckoo:

Open it up.

It was pretty damn big.

Theoretically. it wasn't supposed to happen again....... unless you're in Africa and then it's ok for land grabs and decolonization parting gifts like Rwanda.

The Pope was in a very difficult position. The Vatican was supposed to be neutral in the conflict. Yet he had to deal with both sides to maintain that neutrality to keep the Vatican from being destroyed in the fighting and church authority dismantled. ... :cool:

Last edited:
The so called Holocaust was just a minor event that took place during WWII.

But the Jews who control the media have fraudulently portrayed the Holocaust as the defining event during WWII that must be endlessly showcased and talked about ad nauseam. .... :cuckoo:

Open it up.

It was pretty damn big.

Theoretically. it wasn't supposed to happen again....... unless you're in Africa and then it's ok for land grabs and decolonization parting gifts like Rwanda.

And Israel. This rabbi said it was meant to happen, and without it , the Jews may of not got Israel. Rabbi Says Holocaust Victims Were Sinners

Now they are getting rid of the Palestinians, erasing their civilization. Now they are after the RCC, which they have been since the Roman Empire days.

Then there should be no problem in opening it up. It's a small thing and not worthy of your attention

Forum List

Back