Why the search for the origins of Covid may be harmful.

pknopp

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2019
First I do not subscribe to that idea. It's just the slant of the article. Here is my biggest gripe with the article.

Many scientists worry that intense focus on what may ultimately be an unsolvable problem is obscuring how critical it is to prevent the next major pandemic.

I don't believe you can address something unless you know the facts as best as you possibly can. If it came from the lab (which I believe) part of the discussion would have to be if we should even be creating these viruses. (we shouldn't be).

The article does much to do what they claim is harmful. Politicizing the virus.

I've always believed the lab theory from Day One. Too much circumstantial evidence pointing to it. The wet market theory never made much sense to me. We may never know because China covered it up and has been reluctant to work transparently and frankly, our own government can't be trusted either, especially if they had a hand in developing it through gain of function research as evidence has also suggested in Senate hearings. They would never admit culpability if true.

First I do not subscribe to that idea. It's just the slant of the article. Here is my biggest gripe with the article.

Many scientists worry that intense focus on what may ultimately be an unsolvable problem is obscuring how critical it is to prevent the next major pandemic.

I don't believe you can address something unless you know the facts as best as you possibly can. If it came from the lab (which I believe) part of the discussion would have to be if we should even be creating these viruses. (we shouldn't be).

I sort of agree with you, but also agree that we can get too tied up in the "where" and not do anything about if if happens again.

My opinion is that climate change has the same problem, all the talk and energy is about the cause, and very little about how to mitigate the damages, because the climate is changing and it really does not matter if humans or nature is the cause of it.

We have wasted 30 years fighting over the cause and not focusing on what to do about it.

I sort of agree with you, but also agree that we can get too tied up in the "where" and not do anything about if if happens again.

My opinion is that climate change has the same problem, all the talk and energy is about the cause, and very little about how to mitigate the damages, because the climate is changing and it really does not matter if humans or nature is the cause of it.

We have wasted 30 years fighting over the cause and not focusing on what to do about it.

I've argued for a long time that we should be willing to clean up our messes regardless.

The only people that are afraid of finding out the source are people that know they have something to lose if it's revealed.
Also...if we find out exactly where, when, why, and how then we can prevent these folks from doing it again when they feel the left needs it.

I've always believed the lab theory from Day One. Too much circumstantial evidence pointing to it. The wet market theory never made much sense to me. We may never know because China covered it up and has been reluctant to work transparently and frankly, our own government can't be trusted either, especially if they had a hand in developing it through gain of function research as evidence has also suggested in Senate hearings. They would never admit culpability if true.
However the left thinks they can cleanse themselves by finally admitting what the source is, while forgetting that the source has been known by some and has resulted in attacks on them by those who wanted the source kept quiet.
If you know the source you can better fight the virus. But politics got in the way of that. I myself have had my threads sent to the Rubber Room for even bringing it up.

I'll probably regret this but exactly what do you think we can do about natural climate fluctuations?

The climate has changed for eons & will continue to do so.
Feeling we can prevent that with our vastly inadequate knowledge on the subject is vanity & hubris

We have to realize that the Covid virus and its variants are here to stay. The source is necessary and the players is important to know.
What I question is, why Obama funded an enemy of America to manipulate and create by gain of function the Covid-9 virus. Was this treasonous? Was this Maoist Democrat collusion with China?
Why are Maoist Democrats so adamant about burying the investigation? What are they hiding?

I'll probably regret this but exactly what do you think we can do about natural climate fluctuations?

The climate has changed for eons & will continue to do so.
Feeling we can prevent that with our vastly inadequate knowledge on the subject is vanity & hubris

What we can do is determine what the fluctuations will cause to happen and work to mitigate any damage that might result.

Seawalls can help with rising sea levels.

In my neck of the woods we have seen the rain patterns change over the last 20 years or so. We are getting about the same amount of rain per month, but we are getting it in less days, as when it rains it rains longer and harder but then there are more days in-between without rain. Not a huge big deal unless you happen to be a grain farmer. Too much rain at one time is bad, too long between rains is bad. Thus there has been a push by the farmers to add both tiling to deal with the extra water runoff and irrigation to deal with the extra days between rain. Some have even given up part of their cropland to build ponds to direct the runoff from the extra rain to use for their irrigation. The farmers do not have the luxury to fight about what is causing the change, they had to do something to mitigate it or risk losing their livelihood.

We have to realize that the Covid virus and its variants are here to stay. The source is necessary and the players is important to know.
What I question is, why Obama funded an enemy of America to manipulate and create by gain of function the Covid-9 virus. Was this treasonous? Was this Maoist Democrat collusion with China?
Why are Maoist Democrats so adamant about burying the investigation? What are they hiding?

The bigger question might be why did Trump restart the funding after Obama had ended it.

CNN:
THE VIRUS CLAIM FROM A LAB........
DEMOCRATS:
download (1).jpg

REPUBLICANS:

f735e52ba7fc6192c1aa1d35ba807151_w200.gif

Social-Democrats/ Communists....pretty much the same thing.
They're only defense is there is no true form of communism in existence anymore because pure communist is self-destructive and usually implodes in a matter of years.
But Obama shows a perfect example why communists were considered a threat to America.....because anyone who's a communist hates America to it's foundation, and will do anything they can to bring it down.
I grew up during the Cold War and I learned that no commie bastard can be trusted.....even by their own people. Once I found out Obama grew up from a communist upbringing I knew we were pretty much screwed.

The argument that the search is wrong because the facts aren't in is backward and upside down but typical of the left's view of the world

LOL. Translation: Now that agencies are believing what Republicans have said all along, you don't want to hear about it or investigate it.

Forum List

Back