Why the leftists bringing up Posse Comitatus are lying again

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
Evidently they aren't as "educated" as they think.

The Insurrection Act of 1807 is a United States federal law (10 U.S.C. §§ 251255; prior to 2016, 10 U.S.C. §§ 331–335) that empowers the president of the United States to deploy U.S. military and federalized National Guard troops within the United States in particular circumstances, such as to suppress civil disorder, insurrection and rebellion.

The act provides the "major exception" to the Posse Comitatus Act, which limits the use of military troops under federal command within the United States for law enforcement purposes.[1] The president must firstly issue a proclamation ordering the insurgents to immediately disperse (per 10 U.S.C. § 254).

Contents
Purpose and content
The Act empowers the U.S. president to call into service the U.S. Armed Forces and the National Guard:

• when requested by a state's legislature, or governor if the legislature cannot be convened, to address an insurrection against that state (§ 251),
  • to address an insurrection, in any state, which makes it impracticable to enforce the law (§ 252), or
  • to address an insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination or conspiracy, in any state, which results in the deprivation of Constitutionally-secured rights, and where the state is unable, fails, or refuses to protect said rights (§ 253).
The 1807 Act replaced the earlier Calling Forth Act of 1792, which had allowed for federalization of state militias, with similar language that allowed either for federalization of state militias or use of the regular armed forces in the case of rebellion against a state government.[2]:60

The 1807 Act has been modified twice. In 1861, a new section was added allowing the federal government to use the National Guard and armed forces against the will of the state government in the case of "rebellion against the authority of the government of the United States," in anticipation of continued unrest after the Civil War.[3] In 1871, the Third Enforcement Act revised this section (§ 253) to protect African Americans from attacks by the Ku Klux Klan. The language added at that time allows the federal government to use the act to enforce the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution.[2]:63-64 This section of the act was invoked during the Reconstruction era, and again during desegregation fights during the Civil Rights Era.

• Banned
Well we got one criminal scum loving to speak up.

So what happens if the US Army ends up slaughtering some Americans because they are trained to kill the enemy rather than keep the peace? He can walk back a lot of stuff but if Trump ends up with his very own Kent State massacre this country will become ungovernable.

• Banned
So what happens if the US Army ends up slaughtering some Americans because they are trained to kill the enemy rather than keep the peace? He can walk back a lot of stuff but if Trump ends up with his very own Kent State massacre this country will become ungovernable.
It's already ungovernable thanks to scum like you. You don't like it? too f- bad, you made the bed, lay in it.

They aren't Americans. They are democrats. They are the enemy. Put them down like the rabid dogs they are. The country is already ungovernable. Democrats have never accepted the election of 2016. That makes it ungovernable.

Yes. Kill the enemy. That's what's necessary.

I agree with the previous two posters. They are the enemy.

They aren't Americans. They are democrats. They are the enemy. Put them down like the rabid dogs they are. The country is already ungovernable. Democrats have never accepted the election of 2016. That makes it ungovernable.

Yes. Kill the enemy. That's what's necessary.
You want to destroy America's reverence for the military service to save a few store windows? Our sons and daughters did not sign up to shoot Americans on the streets of America. I know you want to see a lot more heads being kicked in but it's seriously not going to help.

It's already ungovernable thanks to scum like you. You don't like it? too f- bad, you made the bed, lay in it.
Sounds as if you applauded Tienamen Square.

I agree with the previous two posters. They are the enemy.
We have met the enemy and he is us.

No, your the commie loving crime loving criminal, not me.

What? Try again but make sense next time! Your is not "You're"

It makes sense, commie. Your a filthy crime loving criminal.

By what measure? Why would you say that? And, for the second time, it's "you're" not "your". I passed my English classes.

By what measure? Why would you say that? And, for the second time, it's "you're" not "your". I passed my English classes.
Whatever gramer nazi. lol

Grammar. A public education may have paved the way to a better life for you. As it is, you're not very impressive.

Grammar. A public education may have paved the way to a better life for you. As it is, you're not very impressive.
Lmao! You filth can't even realize you are being played, you're so full of hate!

Lmao! You filth can't even realize you are being played, you're so full of hate!
F you were wittier, perhaps. But wit is fed by intellect. Your wit is starved.

F you were wittier, perhaps. But wit is fed by intellect. Your wit is starved.
You're a lying traitor pos.

Forum List

Back