Why the Hamas tunnels are first priority in Israel’s ground offensive

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
As I said before, I hope they exterminate some of the Hamas sewer rats scurrying about in the tunnels.

Why the Hamas tunnels are first priority in Israel’s ground offensive

Israel’s air, sea and land supremacy is not mirrored underground, and the country could have woken up Thursday to an entire kibbutz under siege

BY MITCH GINSBURG July 18, 2014

The sight of 13 Hamas terrorists deployed on the Israeli side of the border, a 10-minute march from Kibbutz Sufa on Thursday morning, probably tipped the scales, after 10 days of aerial war, in favor of a ground operation. But addressing the tunnel threat, which Israel’s technology has yet to credibly counter, is only one part of the mission launched Thursday night. The other aspect is to perform that which was not achieved from the air – thinning Hamas’ ranks, depleting its rockets stores and, most significantly, squeezing the Islamist organization so that it comes back to the table with more reasonable demands.

The soldiers and commanders on the western side of the border, inside the Strip, though, cannot consider the application of pressure and the nature of negotiations among their goals. They need concrete aims.

Read more:

Why the Hamas tunnels are first priority in Israel's ground offensive | The Times of Israel

thanks sally----your citation is ESSENTIAL in understanding the situation as it is-----I was
most STRUCK with the issue of IDEOLOGICAL controversy between Hamas and Egypt (also
an issue within Egypt )----which seems to me to be a kind of microcosm of that which is
taking place NOW----thruout the ENTIRE muslim world and is poised to INFLAME the globe
and result in world war.

I notice that the "pali-supporters" are obsessive about ISOLATING discussion to----
"this baby died as a result of an Israeli bomb" in order IMO to deflect from the real
problem-----which-----IMO is IDEOLOGICAL galvanized turmoil related to the
SUPREMACIST and TOTALITARIAN agenda of the various ideologues and sects of islam

To understand the situation today------it is important to know that the new CALIPHATE
in Iraq--------was inevitable. The inevitability of "THE CALIPHATE" is the key to
understanding the situation ISRAEL/PALESTINE ----today

I see them as both Hamas tunnels, and smuggler tunnels since Israel carefully tries to prevent certain things from coming in, and I don't mean guns, bombs, or rockets.

It's akin to immigrants from Latin America that use the cartel's routes to sneak in. Two separate reasons but the same path, therefore, one could argue that the destruction of "Hamas" tunnels is also a war of attrition against the Palestinian people themselves by a government that by it's own admission promotes Israeli expansion.

Last edited:
I see them as both Hamas tunnels, and smuggler tunnels since Israel carefully tries to prevent certain things from coming in, and I don't mean guns, bombs, or rockets.

It's akin to immigrants from Latin America that use the cartel's routes to sneak in. Two separate reasons but the same path, therefore, one could argue that the destruction of "Hamas" tunnels is also a war of attrition against the Palestinian people themselves by a government that by it's own admission promotes Israeli expansion.

Now, now, Mr. R.C. During the previous Phillppine catastrophe, you verified that the R.C. in your screen name stood for Roman Catholic. I am really surprised that since so many Catholics are being murdered in the Muslim Middle East where even the Pope is very worried that you haven't contributed any news articles about what is happening to your brethren. Now if you are jealous of some of the stuff Hamas smuggles through the tunnels, such as Mercedes Benz and BMWs (and quite possihly their maids from Sri Lanka plus some tins of caviar), there is nothing stopping you from joining up with them.

Now if you are jealous of some of the stuff Hamas smuggles through the tunnels, such as Mercedes Benz and BMWs (and quite possihly their maids from Sri Lanka plus some tins of caviar), there is nothing stopping you from joining up with them.
LOL..........Silly-Sally is :booze:once again. . :lol:

HAMAS gets about 40% of their revenue from 'taxes' on the contraband smuggled in through its tunnels - and not only does that money go to fund terrorist activities, but the legit taxes not paid to the Egyptian government have to be replaced from the Egyptian taxpayers' purses.

So Israel is actually being a good neighbor to Egypt - and upholding their peace treaty! - in destroying those tunnels.

HAMAS gets about 40% of their revenue from 'taxes' on the contraband smuggled in through its tunnels - and not only does that money go to fund terrorist activities, but the legit taxes not paid to the Egyptian government have to be replaced from the Egyptian taxpayers' purses.

So Israel is actually being a good neighbor to Egypt - and upholding their peace treaty! - in destroying those tunnels.

SHEEEESH that is really taking competition over the top------Macy's did not do that
even to Gimbel's

The proper strategy for Israel, which it is partially following, is to ally itself to Christian moderate Muslim Arabs and use the diaspora to increase world oil supplies any where that is possible. However until they go OCD on application they are screwed.

Why not search in Israel for the tunnel openings, you did not need to go into Palestine, just another excuse. Here in Israel you would of been able to do it with no bloodshed.

Why not search in Israel for the tunnel openings, you did not need to go into Palestine, just another excuse. Here in Israel you would of been able to do it with no bloodshed.

What?? Who said all the tunnels lead to Israel??

Does Penelope really think that her own brethren in Hamas want to avoid bloodshed? If they did, they certainly wouldn't be shooting rockets into Israel, now would they?

Meanwhile, Penelope really should just sit quietly awainting the return of Ulysses until she can find some news about what her brethren are doing to innocent people in the rest of the Middle East. Surely, since Penelope felt she had to come to a Middle East forum, even she must be aware of what her brethren are doing to the other people in the Middle East and how much blood has been shed. However, it could be that since Penelope can't blame the Jews for what her brethren are doing when it comes to murdering innocent people, that aspect of the news doesn't concern her at at -- even though tens of thousands have been murdered so far.

Does Penelope really think that her own brethren in Hamas want to avoid bloodshed? If they did, they certainly wouldn't be shooting rockets into Israel, now would they?

Meanwhile, Penelope really should just sit quietly awainting the return of Ulysses until she can find some news about what her brethren are doing to innocent people in the rest of the Middle East. Surely, since Penelope felt she had to come to a Middle East forum, even she must be aware of what her brethren are doing to the other people in the Middle East and how much blood has been shed. However, it could be that since Penelope can't blame the Jews for what her brethren are doing when it comes to murdering innocent people, that aspect of the news doesn't concern her at at -- even though tens of thousands have been murdered so far.

Oh Sally sorry to disappoint but I'm just another US white Christian who is sick and tired of Israel government and well to be blunt anyone who sides them is no better. So USA before Israel who loves to use our young soldiers to do their fighting and now they want us to take Iran out. Its rather easy to take out women and children who have been living within a fence for years and are easy prey, Now I hear they have to bring Britain teens in to make them killing machines.

Light bulb, you can't be pro USA and pro Israel at the same time, its incompatible. Pick one, if its Israel , please move there.

Last edited:

Isn't it great, that, by using those tunnels for paramilitary operations, as well as routine smuggling, that the dumbasses in Hamas have given the Israelis the perfect logical rationale for destroying those tunnels?

All part of the friendly service... no extra charge... the Reconquista continues, apace.

israel-wants-to-destroy-these-elaborate-tunnels-in-gaza.jpg

Pretty fancy and expensive construction, too, by the looks of them.

Dumbass Hamas leadership.

Last edited:

Isn't it great, that, by using those tunnels for paramilitary operations, as well as routine smuggling, that the dumbasses in Hamas have given the Israelis the perfect logical rationale for destroying those tunnels?

All part of the friendly service... no extra charge... the Reconquista continues, apace.

Where is that picture from? Certainty not Gaza.

Where is that picture from? Certainty not Gaza.

Are you a Gazan, Penelope, that you know all about what the tunnels look like? Perhaps someone you knows has given you a personal tour of these tunnels.

Forum List

Back