Why Shouldn't Trump Keep All Of His Pardons Secret??

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"Since the late 1800s, presidents have “relied on the Department of Justice, and particularly the Office of the Pardon Attorney” in administering the clemency process. There is nothing in Article II, Section II, preventing President Trump from signing a document granting a pardon, and then putting the paper in a safe at any of his golf resorts. He is not even required to notify the recipient. That is right, America: Trump can secretly pardon whomever he wants on his last night in office and have those “get out of jail free” cards available if needed."

So there is this so-called list of over a 100 people Trump is expected to pardon; why is there a list at all?? Why let the public know who you have pardoned?? In fact, some of Trump's pardons can backfire on him if for example -- Trump decides to publicly announce all of the Capitol insurrectionists have been pardoned; that would be bad optics for an upcoming impeachment trial -- so why not just pardon all of them and keep it secret?

Furthermore, Trump can give his family and himself secret pardons as well. What that will do is end all of this hand wringing over whether a president can pardon himself, because if the pardon is secret, no one will know until they have the audacity to try to indict Trump or anyone in his circle after he leaves office. I think secret pardons of thousands of people would be a great idea and it will totally trigger the libs in the process -- however, if any other president (i.e. Biden) ever tried to issue secret pardons themselves; that would be proof of their Deep State corruption.

It won't be secret for long. Someone gets out of jail for no apparent reason, it is noticed. It might be noticed locally at first, but not for long.

And if someone is being investigated/prosecuted, and suddenly the people in charge are told to stop, those people will probably make some noise.

There are some things that should be secret. Namely, things relating to national security or whatever. But pardons should not be secret. There is no reason for them to be secret other than to prevent a backlash. That sounds more like a coverup than anything.

"Since the late 1800s, presidents have “relied on the Department of Justice, and particularly the Office of the Pardon Attorney” in administering the clemency process. There is nothing in Article II, Section II, preventing President Trump from signing a document granting a pardon, and then putting the paper in a safe at any of his golf resorts. He is not even required to notify the recipient. That is right, America: Trump can secretly pardon whomever he wants on his last night in office and have those “get out of jail free” cards available if needed."

So there is this so-called list of over a 100 people Trump is expected to pardon; why is there a list at all?? Why let the public know who you have pardoned?? In fact, some of Trump's pardons can backfire on him if for example -- Trump decides to publicly announce all of the Capitol insurrectionists have been pardoned; that would be bad optics for an upcoming impeachment trial -- so why not just pardon all of them and keep it secret?

Furthermore, Trump can give his family and himself secret pardons as well. What that will do is end all of this hand wringing over whether a president can pardon himself, because if the pardon is secret, no one will know until they have the audacity to try to indict Trump or anyone in his circle after he leaves office. I think secret pardons of thousands of people would be a great idea and it will totally trigger the libs in the process -- however, if any other president (i.e. Biden) ever tried to issue secret pardons themselves; that would be proof of their Deep State corruption.
I sure never heard so much about pardons until Trump pardons someone . TDS.

Forum List

Back