Parler partially reappears with support from Russian technology firm

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
How odd...that a site that purports to be all about patriotism is going to be a client of a Russian company that has been linked to social media disinformation attacks in the US?

On Monday, Parler's website was reachable again, though only with a message from its chief executive saying he was working to restore functionality.
The internet protocol address it used is owned by DDos-Guard, which is controlled by two Russian men and provides services including protection from distributed denial of service attacks, infrastructure expert Ronald Guilmette told Reuters.
If the website is fully restored, Parler users would be able to see and post comments. Most users prefer the app, however, which remains banned from the official Apple Inc and Google stores.
Parler CEO John Matze and representatives of DDoS-Guard did not reply to requests for comment.
Last Wednesday, Matze told Reuters the company was in talks with multiple service providers but declined to elaborate.
DDoS-Guard has worked with other racist, rightist and conspiracy sites that have been used by mass murderers to share messages, including 8kun. It has also supported Russian government sites.
DDoS-Guard's website lists an address in Scotland under the company name Cognitive Cloud LP, but that is owned by two men in Rostov-on-Don, Russia, Guilmette said. One of them told the Guardian recently that he was not aware of all of the content the company facilitates.

Parler critics said it was a potential security risk for it to depend on a Russian company, as well as an odd choice for a site popular with self-described patriots.

Russian propaganda has stoked political divisions in the United States, supporting outgoing U.S. President Donald Trump and amplifying false narratives about election fraud but also protests against police brutality.

Parler, which disclosed it has over 12 million users, sued Amazon last Monday after the e-commerce giant and cloud services provider cut off service, citing poor moderation of calls to violence.

How odd...that a site that purports to be all about patriotism is going to be a client of a Russian company that has been linked to social media disinformation attacks in the US?

On Monday, Parler's website was reachable again, though only with a message from its chief executive saying he was working to restore functionality.
The internet protocol address it used is owned by DDos-Guard, which is controlled by two Russian men and provides services including protection from distributed denial of service attacks, infrastructure expert Ronald Guilmette told Reuters.
If the website is fully restored, Parler users would be able to see and post comments. Most users prefer the app, however, which remains banned from the official Apple Inc and Google stores.
Parler CEO John Matze and representatives of DDoS-Guard did not reply to requests for comment.
Last Wednesday, Matze told Reuters the company was in talks with multiple service providers but declined to elaborate.
DDoS-Guard has worked with other racist, rightist and conspiracy sites that have been used by mass murderers to share messages, including 8kun. It has also supported Russian government sites.
DDoS-Guard's website lists an address in Scotland under the company name Cognitive Cloud LP, but that is owned by two men in Rostov-on-Don, Russia, Guilmette said. One of them told the Guardian recently that he was not aware of all of the content the company facilitates.

Parler critics said it was a potential security risk for it to depend on a Russian company, as well as an odd choice for a site popular with self-described patriots.
I bet that with a little more push that you could keep anyone from going over to Parler to read anything or have any contact with anyone from the right wing. How insulating. I mean add Russia, paint them as Red, compare them to Al Queda...................

Do you not see a trend here?

What is the surprise here? Trumpers make known their love of Russia and Putin nearly every day on this forum and others. Seriously, given this attitude I don’t know how any Trumper could get a security clearance. They are admitted security risks.

What is the surprise here? Trumpers make known their love of Russia and Putin nearly every day on this forum and others. Seriously, given this attitude I don’t know how any Trumper could get a security clearance. They are admitted security risks.

Seriously? You went to school with these people. You have to work with these people. You drive on the road with these people. They are in your neighborhoods. Your children play together.

Is there something wrong with you?

Seriously? You went to school with these people. You have to work with these people. You drive on the road with these people. They are in your neighborhoods. Your children play together.

Is there something wrong with Trumpers is what you should be asking? Have you read the comments by many Trumpers defending Putin and Russia? What is wrong with you being in such denial. In other words, clean up your own house.

Last edited:

I bet that with a little more push that you could keep anyone from going over to Parler to read anything or have any contact with anyone from the right wing. How insulating. I mean add Russia, paint them as Red, compare them to Al Queda...................

Of course..the marginalization of the Alt/right. It's a shame..on some levels...that they cannot moderate their sites a bit better, and avoid this altogether. However, Parlor is not the only venue the right has. I would point to this site..for example. I think it is the fact that the fringies hate moderation--that drives them to questionable hosts.

I would point out that Parlor added the Russian element all on their own. Russia's motives and actions are well known and documented.

A country that literally poisons its dissenters does deserve a raised eyebrow or two, yes?

Is there something wrong with Trumpers is what you should be asking? Have you read the comments by many defending Putin and Russia? What is wrong with you being in such denial. In other words, clean up your house.
I'm a liberal. I didn't vote for Trump.

Try again. Are you paying attention to the direction that you are going?

Of course..the marginalization of the Alt/right. It's a shame..on some levels...that they cannot moderate their sites a bit better, and avoid this altogether. However, Parlor is not the only venue the right has. I would point to this site..for example. I think it is the fact that the fringies hate moderation--that drives them to questionable hosts.

I would point out that Parlor added the Russian element all on their own. Russia's motives and actions are well known and documented.

A country that literally poisons its dissenters does deserve a raised eyebrow or two, yes?
Are they all Alt/Right? Are they all fringe? Or do they just all look alike?

Nobody likes to be moderated.

Last edited:

Is there something wrong with Trumpers is what you should be asking? Have you read the comments by many defending Putin and Russia? What is wrong with you being in such denial. In other words, clean up your house.
I'm a liberal. I didn't vote for Trump.

Try again. Are you paying attention to the direction that you are going?
I don’t know what in my post triggered you. Everything I wrote in my post is true. This is not an unusual sentiment:

1611053836585.png

This is what I was talking about. These folks are not anomalies in Trump world.

Last edited:
Yawn.

Another retarded leftard thread based on Saul Alinsky's Rule #4: "Make the enemy live up to his own book or rules."

And yet, the libtards love their Chinese apps that actually spy on them and steal their data, like TikTok, WeChat, QQ, CamScanner, QQ Wallet, SHAREit, VMate and WPS Office.

And to top it all off, they elect a president who actually has been monetarily-rewarded by the CCP, and whose crackhead son fucked his own underage niece.

Go figure.

Russian propaganda has stoked political divisions in the United States, supporting outgoing U.S. President Donald Trump and amplifying false narratives about election fraud but also protests against police brutality.

Parler, which disclosed it has over 12 million users, sued Amazon last Monday after the e-commerce giant and cloud services provider cut off service, citing poor moderation of calls to violence.

You people have made the Russians into the supporters of Free Speech.

INcredible.

A country that bans free speech for partisan reasons, deserves a revolution.

Do you think "these/those people" , the trumpets, think the same way about their neighbors that are not Trumpists?

Do you think "these/those people" , the trumpets, think the same way about their neighbors that are not Trumpists?
MrGracie is not a "Trumpet". Some of my real life friends are not "Trumpists". We get along fine because there is more to love/friendships than politics. I don't see Trump supporters rioting and destorying property or cities, nor trying to ruin someone's livelihood like Pillow Guy just because he supports Trump. That's all on democrats.

• Funny
Reactions: cnm

Forum List

Back