Why schools in the United States should not re-open this fall.

Three Arizona teachers who shared a classroom got coronavirus. One of them died
By Jennifer Henderson, CNN 1 hr ago

Three teachers who shared a summer classroom at a school in Arizona all contracted coronavirus last month, leaving one of them dead.

Kimberley Chavez Lopez Byrd, 61, died June 26, less than two weeks after she was hospitalized. The other two teachers -- Jena Martinez and Angela Skillings -- said they're still struggling with the effects of the virus that has killed nearly 135,000 people nationwide.

All three teachers wore masks and gloves, used hand sanitizer and socially distanced, but still got sick, according to school officials at the small community in the eastern part of the state.

Gregorich reiterated the three teachers were careful and still got Covid-19.

I think that's really the message or the concern that our staff has is we can't even keep our staff safe by themselves ... how are we going to keep 20 kids in a classroom safe? I just don't see how that's possible to do that," he said.

Byrd said reopening schools will put people in their small community at risk and he does not want to see other families go through a similar experience.

"Many grandparents, wind up being caretakers to kids when they get off school- mom and dad are working and a lot of grandparents are even raising their grandchildren. So, many of these grandparents fall into this high risk category of being older with more health issues," he said.

"They have no business opening the schools to try and get back to a traditional classroom ... let's get through this pandemic first before we try to get back to normal."

Should all grocery stores be closed because store workers got corona and died.

Police officers died of Corona so abolish all cops

People in the military died of corona so give away all the weapons.

Keep snorting that heroin doofy

I'm afraid you don't understand the difference between ESSENTIAL SERVICES and NON-ESSENTIAL SERVICES. Or for that matter, EMERGENCY SERVICES and NON-EMERGENCY SERVICES.

1. Can the children of the United States survive without going to school for a year? YES

2. Can people, in an urban environment survive without getting FOOD from the grocery store? NO

3. Can most Americans survive without getting food from the Grocery store? NO

4. The Police force is necessary to defend communities from violence and death. Essential service that society depends on that must continue. Necessary for immediate survival.

5. The Military, same as the Police above.

For the average citizen to make it through to the summer of 2021, they need four things: food, water, shelter, and clothing. Isolate, and only go out to get those things.
What which is essential can be properly operated and built by kids who no longer go to school to be educated?

Nothing now please resume snorting your heroin

Keeping kids out of school for a year is NOT THE END OF THEIR EDUCATION! First things, first, you kill the virus, then you send the kids back to school.

You send kids back to school when it is SAFE to do so. You wouldn't send kids to school in a Hurricane, Tornado, Air Raid, or a Nuclear attack would you? You hunker down, Isolate, defeat the virus, then restart the schools.
This is already about to be year 2 stupid

Get back to us when you learn to count

Schools were not closed until late March in the United States when the 2019-2020 school year was almost completed. School work was completed online, and the High School class of 2020 graduated in May/June. School year completed!
WE are discussing the second year closed not the first, the top 10 percent of students will learn fine online, the other 90 percent will learn nothing and their parents or parent who can no longer work will lose their home.

You are an ignorant stupid fool, you have no kids and never will see a member of the opposite sex naked in the first place.

Keep pretending gay boy

No one will lose their home provided the government assist those that stay at home. Just as the United States sent 1/3 of its work force overseas to fight in World War II, we can keep 50% of the workforce home in order to fight the virus. Those staying home can consider themselves soldiers in the fight to defeat the virus. Government check for food, shelter, clothing will be on the way.
The government is not going to pay the mortgages of every American with children who is not working.

So your belief is delusional because in addition to mortgages are property taxes, food clothing cars and everything else that is not being paid for. It's impossible gay boy. Now tell us how many children you have with Fred

Do you know what happened in World War II? Do you realize how much government spending increased? Do your realize how much the top tax rate increased? People in the top tax bracket were paying 90% of their income in taxes.

The country has a combined wealth of over 90 Trillion dollars. The government can put the country on a war footing like it did in World War II, which will make the the rent and mortgage payments for most of the population for a year seem like peanuts.
Wrong totally as the USA has absolutely no money, just 26 soon to be 27 trillion dollars in debt much owned by CHINA, so what you are advocating is selling the entire USA to China

Nope, if you take everything that is consider an asset, minus all the liabilities, the net worth of the United States is over 90 Trillion dollars.
Again kid the USA has no money, just paper scraps that are backed by nothing. What do you want to sell to the Chinese? Would Texas and California do, because I heard they want the oil in Alaska too

Your day is coming, enjoy

Three teachers who shared a summer classroom at a school in Arizona all contracted coronavirus last month, leaving one of them dead.

Kimberley Chavez Lopez Byrd, 61, died June 26, less than two weeks after she was hospitalized. The other two teachers -- Jena Martinez and Angela Skillings -- said they're still struggling with the effects of the virus that has killed nearly 135,000 people nationwide.

All three teachers wore masks and gloves, used hand sanitizer and socially distanced, but still got sick, according to school officials at the small community in the eastern part of the state.

I think that's really the message or the concern that our staff has is we can't even keep our staff safe by themselves ... how are we going to keep 20 kids in a classroom safe? I just don't see how that's possible to do that," he said.

Byrd said reopening schools will put people in their small community at risk and he does not want to see other families go through a similar experience.

"Many grandparents, wind up being caretakers to kids when they get off school- mom and dad are working and a lot of grandparents are even raising their grandchildren. So, many of these grandparents fall into this high risk category of being older with more health issues," he said.

"They have no business opening the schools to try and get back to a traditional classroom ... let's get through this pandemic first before we try to get back to normal."

Don't forget all the tourists who died on that cruise line. We need to ban all tourism, boating, ships, sailing, sea transport and vacations.

Definitely. The more isolated you are, the sooner you achieve victory over the Virus and then things can return to normal. Unfortunately, To many Trumper's don't understand science and how virus's spread. They are still living in a fantasy world where they think this is nothing more than the seasonal flu.
And, you're living in a fantasy world thinking we can "achieve victory" over a virus.

Please tell, what is the "specific" number of deaths per year that would be acceptable?

I'm afraid you don't understand the difference between ESSENTIAL SERVICES and NON-ESSENTIAL SERVICES. Or for that matter, EMERGENCY SERVICES and NON-EMERGENCY SERVICES.

1. Can the children of the United States survive without going to school for a year? YES

2. Can people, in an urban environment survive without getting FOOD from the grocery store? NO

3. Can most Americans survive without getting food from the Grocery store? NO

4. The Police force is necessary to defend communities from violence and death. Essential service that society depends on that must continue. Necessary for immediate survival.

5. The Military, same as the Police above.

For the average citizen to make it through to the summer of 2021, they need four things: food, water, shelter, and clothing. Isolate, and only go out to get those things.
What which is essential can be properly operated and built by kids who no longer go to school to be educated?

Nothing now please resume snorting your heroin

Keeping kids out of school for a year is NOT THE END OF THEIR EDUCATION! First things, first, you kill the virus, then you send the kids back to school.

You send kids back to school when it is SAFE to do so. You wouldn't send kids to school in a Hurricane, Tornado, Air Raid, or a Nuclear attack would you? You hunker down, Isolate, defeat the virus, then restart the schools.
This is already about to be year 2 stupid

Get back to us when you learn to count

Schools were not closed until late March in the United States when the 2019-2020 school year was almost completed. School work was completed online, and the High School class of 2020 graduated in May/June. School year completed!
WE are discussing the second year closed not the first, the top 10 percent of students will learn fine online, the other 90 percent will learn nothing and their parents or parent who can no longer work will lose their home.

You are an ignorant stupid fool, you have no kids and never will see a member of the opposite sex naked in the first place.

Keep pretending gay boy

No one will lose their home provided the government assist those that stay at home. Just as the United States sent 1/3 of its work force overseas to fight in World War II, we can keep 50% of the workforce home in order to fight the virus. Those staying home can consider themselves soldiers in the fight to defeat the virus. Government check for food, shelter, clothing will be on the way.
The government is not going to pay the mortgages of every American with children who is not working.

So your belief is delusional because in addition to mortgages are property taxes, food clothing cars and everything else that is not being paid for. It's impossible gay boy. Now tell us how many children you have with Fred

Do you know what happened in World War II? Do you realize how much government spending increased? Do your realize how much the top tax rate increased? People in the top tax bracket were paying 90% of their income in taxes.

The country has a combined wealth of over 90 Trillion dollars. The government can put the country on a war footing like it did in World War II, which will make the the rent and mortgage payments for most of the population for a year seem like peanuts.

The dumb ones were paying 90 percent to the govt. The smart ones were taking advantage of all the loops and gray areas within the tax code.

The unpatriotic Nazi supporting traitors were taking advantage.

I would have taken advantage also. A govt doesn't need 90 percent of the money that I earn with my sweat. The nazi would have given them their whole check. Idiots.

I never thought I would see the day where democrats would push home schooling. Maybe there's a silver lining to all of this. Gotta look at the bright side.

Wrong totally as the USA has absolutely no money

Let's not go and bring reality into this situation. It would shatter "U2Edge"s illusion that money grows on trees and everything is free!!!! wooohoooo!!!! lololol

tenor.gif

The Feds can provide funds directly to families so they can use them on private schools and charter schools. I’m not paying that union or it’s members a dime.

I don't think that would be within the realm of possibility.

Private schools and charter schools are still schools. If schools are ordered closed, well, there ya' go...
Schools aren’t ordered closed. Their unions are demanding they close. It’s no different than a strike. So fuck em. No classes no money. No teaching no more union contract. Destroy them now.
Where did you dig up that bullshit? Schools were ordered closed by their governors in most cases. Why do make up suck outlandish lies?

In my state, teachers worked on-line and that takes more hours and more effort than being in the classroom.

It is amazing. This guy wants the government to put all of us under their care, like infants, for a less than 1/2 of 1% mortality rate virus.

America is done with cowards like these.
Actually as an American living in America your chances of dying from covid are 0.03 percent. The flu has a 0.1 percent death rate
Like I said, less than 1/2 of 1%.

I never thought I would see the day where democrats would push home schooling. Maybe there's a silver lining to all of this. Gotta look at the bright side.
When the kids start testing better than they did when they were in the traditional indoctrination centers, covid 19 will vanish immediately and every school will open hours later.

Why in the hell is a 60+ year old working during the virus?
Lame ass argument to keep schools closed, because one was dumb enough to let a senior citizen work.

Perhaps the teacher was like me and cannot fully retire until age 66. Did you ever think that was a possibility?

When the kids start testing better than they did when they were in the traditional indoctrination centers, covid 19 will vanish immediately and every school will open hours later.
That will NOT happen. Kids do NOT learn better on-line in general. Some will, but a large number struggle.

It is amazing. This guy wants the government to put all of us under their care, like infants, for a less than 1/2 of 1% mortality rate virus.

Actually as an American living in America your chances of dying from covid are 0.03 percent. The flu has a 0.1 percent death rate
0.4 to 0.5 would be less than half of a percent. covid's mortality when expanded to the American public is a mere fraction of that.

The math is 136612 / 131000000 = .0004127250755287009 adjusted to 0.0412 percent to be exact

That will NOT happen. Kids do NOT learn better on-line in general. Some will, but a large number struggle.
Something tells Me we're going to find out since the country has gone coward and won't reopen schools again until they get to do the impossible -- control the spread of a virus.

But that isn't' really what I said. I said that they would quickly, so quickly they would likely sprain several muscles, reopen schools -- virus or no virus -- if it started to show that the stay at home and learn model was more effective.

Because it isn't really about the virus or deaths.

The teachers are going to demand hazmat pay when schools open, I say we make them wear hazmat bubble suits

"We have defeated the virus" :auiqs.jpg:

~democrats~

0.4 to 0.5 would be less than half of a percent. covid's mortality when expanded to the American public is a mere fraction of that.

The math is 136612 / 131000000 = .0004127250755287009 adjusted to 0.0412 percent to be exact
1/2 of 1% looks like this. 0.005

Understand? Less than that would look like this.... 0.00499 -- 0.00498 --> etc....

When I say less than, I mean every single number, ad infinitum, lower than 0.005%

Now that I've cleared that up for you, have a great day.

Something tells Me we're going to find out since the country has gone coward and won't reopen schools again until they get to do the impossible -- control the spread of a virus.

But that isn't' really what I said. I said that they would quickly, so quickly they would likely sprain several muscles, reopen schools -- virus or no virus -- if it started to show that the stay at home and learn model was more effective.

Because it isn't really about the virus or deaths.
The stay at home model is not and never will be more effective. That is the mistaken assumption you keep making!

Forum List

Back