Why police departments are being unfunded.

I remember Bubba Clinton promising 100,000 more police on the streets. Times certainly have changed.

Not really. There is still a large support for the huge, overbearing authoritarian government.
Trying to defund police departments is possible the worst way to accomplish what you are trying to do. What will happen as funds are diverted from police work is fewer officers on the streets, less training for the officers still willing to put their lives on the line and less oversight of those officers, all because the funds those things need are gone. What happens? Longer wait times for the police to arrive (if they do at all), less trained officers trying to handle violent situations, more innocent civilians harassed, shot and killed, more crime and less justice. Then, what do you think will be the response of those who have been told they don't need to protect themselves with firearms or weapons of any kind, that they just need to call the police? Answer, the demand for more police presence. The end result, you've shot yourself in the foot and lost the support you might have had. If we want less authoritarian government, then we need more firearms and training for civilians to protect themselves.

Well you could support holding them accountable, but that seems to be beyond the grasp of many.
Many cops already hate the Internal Affairs people looking over their shoulders, second guessing every move they make. Most times, any time they pull a weapon and fire it, they land on a desk job for a few weeks until an investigation is completed. There are thousands, if not millions of cops on the street and a handful cause problems of this sort. Most of them face prosecution and if they ever end up in prison, it's a death sentence. So yes, they need to be held accountable, but reducing the funding that make possible their very existence is not the answer.

Who has been held accountable for the lies told to obtain the warrant against Breonna Taylor?

Its been nearly two years here. Who has been held accountable?
You can always find examples where things weren't done correctly, but that doesn't reduce the vast number of times when cops are not only held accountable, but sometimes find their careers ruined over non-critical things. Nor does it change the reality that reducing the funding of police departments will lead to more crime and more demand for police action.

While this is absolutely AWFUL. . . . I want to point something out.

An underlying agenda here by the interlocking directorate.

The date of the video.

February, 2019.

Does anyone think this story would have received national coverage had that social worker been a white man?

:dunno:

Oh, no!

If the cops had mistreated an Asian or a Caucasian or a Native American, the media would probably have ignored it.

If the innocent victim had been Hispanic, the media might have briefly mentioned it.

But when it comes to a certain other ethnicity, it is always HEADLINE news.

Well, those folks have often said (correctly) that the squeaky wheel gets the oil/grease.

I remember Bubba Clinton promising 100,000 more police on the streets. Times certainly have changed.

Not really. There is still a large support for the huge, overbearing authoritarian government.
Right wingers simply don't want to pay for it, so they blame the Poor and resort to Tax Cut economics.

Hence we are 27 trillion in debt. Since police settlements costs taxpayers 100's of million a year one would think they would want it addressed.
To many lawyers?

Too many people that piss their pants when they see a minority.
People like Jesse Jackson?

Possibly. Do you look to him for guidance?
Nope, he's just a well known black man who admitted that if he heard footsteps, he would be relieved if there were white people coming up behind him. IOW, what you're describing is not necessarily a white person's problem alone. As with most things, there are reasons why people feel a certain way. Just like there are reasons why a young black man is uncomfortable around police officers, there are reasons why a person walking the streets at night feel uncomfortable when approached by several young black men. Reasons that go beyond simple racism.

The police screwed up here big time. I am still not going to live anywhere or go anywhere where they have defunded the police, I am not a risk taker.

"Last year, Anjanette Young filed a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request for the video to show the public what happened to her that day. For the first time, police body camera video reveals what an innocent woman said happened to her nearly two years ago: police officers wrongly entered her home with guns drawn and handcuffed her naked as she watched in horror. -- Hours before the TV version of this report broadcast, the city’s lawyers attempted to stop CBS 2 from airing the video by filing an emergency motion in federal court."

Get over it lady -- you still whining about this 2 years later? Did you die? Nope, so why are you complaining? Yea, the police had the wrong address -- and yes the police failed to do the most basic checks before they executed this no-knock warrant -- like for example, the person they were looking for not only never lived at that address and has no connection whatsoever to this woman -- but this person was already awaiting trial and had on an ankle monitor, so he wasn't hard to find...

But obviously, the worst problem was how angry this woman was and how she kept yelling at the cops and telling them they had the wrong place, being totally disrespectful, but what else do you expect from these uppity blacks....and to make things worse, she is a social worker?? Yuck!
Them uppity white ******* that leads the pigs is the problem...I usually would never say that but I figure it is the only type of English usage you could comprehend...

Hence we are 27 trillion in debt. Since police settlements costs taxpayers 100's of million a year one would think they would want it addressed.

The police are generally funded by local taxpayers, not the feds. Nor are the feds liable for the actions of police, so our national debt has nothing to do with this.

Entire conversation. You have to take the entire conversation into context.

You stupid fuck, anyone pointing a gun at me for no reason should get shot.

It's not for no reason. They are trying to do their jobs and made a mistake. If you think that justifies the murder of police officers you are a dangerous lunatic.
Point a gun at me, and you'll get shot. Don't care who you are.
Do you practice saying that in from of a mirror with gun pulled while nude?

Right wingers simply don't want to pay for it, so they blame the Poor and resort to Tax Cut economics.

To many lawyers?

I hate to agree with you but you're right. Yesterday I saw a black guy walking down the street I live on and I called the police and told them. They asked what he was doing and I said he's walking down the street. This cop then tells me that isn't against the law and they can't do anything about that. I said, well he's black. The cop then says, stay in your house and lock your doors, we're on the way! Next thing I know there's three cop cars out there and they got the guy on the ground and one of them has his knee on his neck. My wife is getting donuts for them.

Yes, that's exactly what happened to Elijah McClain. Well except for the parts about them killing him.

Here’s What You Need to Know About Elijah McClain’s Death

Trying to defund police departments is possible the worst way to accomplish what you are trying to do. What will happen as funds are diverted from police work is fewer officers on the streets, less training for the officers still willing to put their lives on the line and less oversight of those officers, all because the funds those things need are gone. What happens? Longer wait times for the police to arrive (if they do at all), less trained officers trying to handle violent situations, more innocent civilians harassed, shot and killed, more crime and less justice. Then, what do you think will be the response of those who have been told they don't need to protect themselves with firearms or weapons of any kind, that they just need to call the police? Answer, the demand for more police presence. The end result, you've shot yourself in the foot and lost the support you might have had. If we want less authoritarian government, then we need more firearms and training for civilians to protect themselves.

Well you could support holding them accountable, but that seems to be beyond the grasp of many.
Many cops already hate the Internal Affairs people looking over their shoulders, second guessing every move they make. Most times, any time they pull a weapon and fire it, they land on a desk job for a few weeks until an investigation is completed. There are thousands, if not millions of cops on the street and a handful cause problems of this sort. Most of them face prosecution and if they ever end up in prison, it's a death sentence. So yes, they need to be held accountable, but reducing the funding that make possible their very existence is not the answer.

Who has been held accountable for the lies told to obtain the warrant against Breonna Taylor?

You can always find examples where things weren't done correctly, but that doesn't reduce the vast number of times when cops are not only held accountable, but sometimes find their careers ruined over non-critical things. Nor does it change the reality that reducing the funding of police departments will lead to more crime and more demand for police action.

You can make up things to excuse the failures if it makes you feel better.

The police screwed up here big time. I am still not going to live anywhere or go anywhere where they have defunded the police, I am not a risk taker.
In all seriousness, defunding the police only ensures that more, NOT less, incompetence will happen and more people will be injured and killed. It's the dumbest way to make a political point since burning down your own neighborhood.

To many lawyers?

I hate to agree with you but you're right. Yesterday I saw a black guy walking down the street I live on and I called the police and told them. They asked what he was doing and I said he's walking down the street. This cop then tells me that isn't against the law and they can't do anything about that. I said, well he's black. The cop then says, stay in your house and lock your doors, we're on the way! Next thing I know there's three cop cars out there and they got the guy on the ground and one of them has his knee on his neck. My wife is getting donuts for them.

Yes, that's exactly what happened to Elijah McClain. Well except for the parts about them killing him.

Here’s What You Need to Know About Elijah McClain’s Death
As big of a liar as you are I'd bet there is more to it than that, and I didn't bother reading it because everything you say or post is BS.

To many lawyers?

Nope, he's just a well known black man who admitted that if he heard footsteps, he would be relieved if there were white people coming up behind him. IOW, what you're describing is not necessarily a white person's problem alone. As with most things, there are reasons why people feel a certain way. Just like there are reasons why a young black man is uncomfortable around police officers, there are reasons why a person walking the streets at night feel uncomfortable when approached by several young black men. Reasons that go beyond simple racism.

The only people uncomfortable around cops are criminals

Nope, no one is doing that. Everyone I see is saying that police officers who cross the line need to be held accountable. What I am saying, though, is that taking away funding is the stupidest possible way to force accountability. What you will get is LESS accountability, LESS police presence, LESS justice and MORE crime. Do you really not understand that?

To many lawyers?

One most certainly could understand why this woman would be uncomfortable around cops in the future.

In all seriousness, defunding the police only ensures that more, NOT less, incompetence will happen and more people will be injured and killed. It's the dumbest way to make a political point since burning down your own neighborhood.
Minneapolis.

Nope, no one is doing that. Everyone I see is saying that police officers who cross the line need to be held accountable. What I am saying, though, is that taking away funding is the stupidest possible way to force accountability. What you will get is LESS accountability, LESS police presence, LESS justice and MORE crime. Do you really not understand that?

No, everyone you see is not saying that.

To many lawyers?

No, I get it. Young black men ARE often treated unfairly by society and by cops. On a human level, there is a good reason for that, because when a certain demographic commits most of the crime, they get profiled. We don't like to think in those terms, but profiling saves lives, so it behooves young black men to make extra certain they do nothing to make themselves look like a threat.

If anything, we need more voices within the black community like Chris Rock, who made a video on how NOT to be beat up by the police. Cops are supposed to be color-blind and not profile, but they're human like the rest of us, and who among us would avoid crossing the street after dark if we saw 4 or 5 young black men in hoodies walking in our direction, vs 4 or 5 middle aged white men in suits?

To many lawyers?

One most certainly could understand why this woman would be uncomfortable around cops in the future.

Cause and Effect.

No one has noticed that these cop bad interactions almost always occur in democrat strongholds ?
Imagine that.

Maybe the CAUSE of police misconduct is from the EFFECT of POS Democrat policies that support criminals and punish victims.
This woman more than likely has always voted a Democrat straight ticket. She begged for it....she got it.

Forum List

Back