Why not use a handkerchief?

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
The everyday masks most Americans are required to wear do not protect them or others from the Chinese Virus. They are not fine enough to filter out the virus in either direction, and may actually pose an increased infection risk on the wearer.

Older people with serious health conditions should wear N-95 or better masks to ward off the virus. Healthy people should avoid coughing and sneezing around others and carry a handkerchief if they need to.

Otherwise, continuously wearing a face mask is nothing more than virtue signalling.

The mask just contain the water droplets that hold the virus ... these fibers are hygroscopic ... it's not great protection, but it helps ...

Wow ... N-95 masks are not that good ... sure as hell won't stop dry virus packets ... I've used these for years and I have to also wear a headsock to keep the mask sealed against my face ... the N-95 does the same as the hankerchief, absorbs water droplets ... any airborne virus will be getting into your lungs right away ...

I wear a diaper *bandana* to keep businesses I deal with from being harassed by idiots- with a magic marker I wrote, where it can be seen, "Under Protest"- when I'm just outside I don't wear a fashion statement, mask or other wise.

I wear a diaper *bandana* to keep businesses I deal with from being harassed by idiots- with a magic marker I wrote, where it can be seen, "Under Protest"- when I'm just outside I don't wear a fashion statement, mask or other wise.

The governor commanded us to wear face masks ... under penalty of law ... pffft ... BITE ME Kate Brown ...

The city council passed a criminal ordinance, wear a face mask or face 1 year jail, $5,000 fine ... POUND SAND WHERE THE SUN DON'T SHINE City Council ...

Corner beer store ... [whimper] ... small sign, no mask no service ... so I wear a mask ...

The everyday masks most Americans are required to wear do not protect them or others from the Chinese Virus. They are not fine enough to filter out the virus in either direction, and may actually pose an increased infection risk on the wearer.

Older people with serious health conditions should wear N-95 or better masks to ward off the virus. Healthy people should avoid coughing and sneezing around others and carry a handkerchief if they need to.

Otherwise, continuously wearing a face mask is nothing more than virtue signalling.

Most of the cities that I travel to now have a fine attached to that city ordinance.

You are pulling your beliefs out of your rear?
The N95 masks FILTER well vs a handkerchief or other porous material.
A1E65C2E-D517-4DB2-96E3-69C409DCBE8C.jpeg

The governor commanded us to wear face masks ... under penalty of law ... pffft ... BITE ME Kate Brown ...

The city council passed a criminal ordinance, wear a face mask or face 1 year jail, $5,000 fine ... POUND SAND WHERE THE SUN DON'T SHINE City Council ...

Corner beer store ... [whimper] ... small sign, no mask no service ... so I wear a mask ...
Soon to be former TX Gov Abbott mandated masks in public. I still don't fucking comply. I have to at work, but I take it off every chance I get because it's asinine.

This is not going anywhere. You people should have figured this out by now.

Stop spreading misinformation. You're going to get people killed.

Soon to be former TX Gov Abbott mandated masks in public. I still don't fucking comply. I have to at work, but I take it off every chance I get because it's asinine.

It is asinine to be irresponsible.
If you are not social distancing, you should wear a facemask for the benefit of society to minimize the spread of Covid-19.

The mask mandates with rioters in our streets that no one does anything about is so ridiculous that even the best SNL comedic writers couldn't come up with this.....

I agree with that. They know enough at this very minute that it's not going anywhere. They cannot keep this up. Can't. So, these clowns need to regroup and rethink what they are doing because what they are doing right now is unsustainable.

Please reread the OP. I specifically referred to "the everyday masks most Americans are required to wear" which are not N-95 masks. I then suggested that vulnerable people should wear N-95 masks.

Next, you post "If you are not social distancing, you should wear a facemask." So what type of mask do you believe should be worn when and under what conditions? And how should that be enforced?

Last edited:

Please reread the OP. I specifically referred to "the everyday masks most Americans are required to wear" which are not N-95 masks. I then suggested that vulnerable people should wear N-95 masks.

Next, you post "If you are not social distancing, you should wear a facemask." So what type of mask do you believe should be worn when and under what conditions? And how should that be enforced?
My apologies; i was sidetracked by the multiple meaning behind the thread title and this sentence in your OP:
“continuously wearing a face mask is nothing more than virtue signalling.”

It really should be common sense. If one cannot social distance (in airplane, etc), then wearing N95 mask would be safer than gaiter, and if there is social distance, then a lesser more comfortable mask will suffice or no mask at all if not coughing.

Enforcement is another issue.

Forum List

Back