Why money will not be enough to address Japan’s baby crisis

Hector12

Platinum Member
Feb 28, 2023
Aljazeero, February 28, 2023

Japanese women are having children later in life worried that motherhood will end their careers.

Tokyo, Japan – Chika Hashimoto, a 23-year-old who recently graduated from Tokyo’s Temple University, is not averse to having a family in the future, but nor is she jumping at the opportunity.

“It is definitely not my first choice,” she told Al Jazeera. “Fulfilling my career and enjoying my freedom is far more important than getting married and having children.”

Why money will not be enough to address Japan’s baby crisis.

------------

Nowhere in this article is there any explanation of how and why a declining population will be bad for Japan. According to the CIA World Factbook Japan has one of the highest life expectancies in the world.

Japan People 2023, CIA World Factbook

No one claims that elderly people in Japan are poorly cared for.

Right now the world population is 8,045,311,447 and growing as I write.

In 1950 the world population was 2.5 billion.

What was so terrible about having "only" 2.5 billion people?

Back then the average house cost twice the average income. Now it costs several times more.

• Crashing GDP
  • Fewer workers, less tax $, more elderly needing care
  • Less investment
  • Fewer consumers to keep the economy alive
  • Fewer people of appropriate age to serve in national military

• Crashing GDP
  • Fewer workers, less tax $, more elderly needing care
  • Less investment
  • Fewer consumers to keep the economy alive
  • Fewer people of appropriate age to serve in national military
Better wages, lower prices.

No wages when companies disappear. Prices irrelevant when goods are inaccessible.
You are predicting is not happening. You are ignoring the problems we know are connected to human population growth, like the growing income gap in the United States for example. A growing population means more people looking for jobs and for places to live. This means lower wages and higher housing prices.

A growing population also contributes to global warming.

You are predicting is not happening. You are ignoring the problems we know are connected to human population growth, like the growing income gap in the United States for example. A growing population means more people looking for jobs and for places to live. This means lower wages and higher housing prices.

Based on what you wrote can we assume you oppose biden’s The More The Merrier illegal alien immigration policy?

The irrational lib fear of the man-made global warming doomsday hoax strikes again

A growing population means more people looking for jobs and for places to live. This means lower wages and higher housing prices.
1. I have read that Japan plans to let in 300,000 "temporary" immigrants to do work that needs being done.

2. Of course, those "temporary" workers will not want to leave.

3. Like everyone else, I have read that Japan has to let in immigrants because the Japanese population is declining so fast.

4. But some people -- including some Japanese intellectuals -- respectfully disagree that immigration is the only way to deal with this problem.

5. Some years back, one Japanese intellectual explained how Japan could deal with a declining population without letting in masses of immigrants.
But I have completely forgotten what he said.

6. I hope that Japan can retain its homogeneous population. If it doesn't, Japan will cease being the peaceful and unique nation it is.

Last edited:

You misspelled "gullible".

Aljazeero, February 28, 2023

Japanese women are having children later in life worried that motherhood will end their careers.

Tokyo, Japan – Chika Hashimoto, a 23-year-old who recently graduated from Tokyo’s Temple University, is not averse to having a family in the future, but nor is she jumping at the opportunity.

“It is definitely not my first choice,” she told Al Jazeera. “Fulfilling my career and enjoying my freedom is far more important than getting married and having children.”

Why money will not be enough to address Japan’s baby crisis.

------------

Nowhere in this article is there any explanation of how and why a declining population will be bad for Japan. According to the CIA World Factbook Japan has one of the highest life expectancies in the world.

Japan People 2023, CIA World Factbook

No one claims that elderly people in Japan are poorly cared for.

Right now the world population is 8,045,311,447 and growing as I write.

In 1950 the world population was 2.5 billion.

What was so terrible about having "only" 2.5 billion people?

Back then the average house cost twice the average income. Now it costs several times more.
Lol, this problem exists in most the western world. It is not just Japan.

Forum List

Back