Why Is This Statue Still Standing?

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
The man put people into concentration camps simply based upon their race.
He allowed blacks to be segregated from everything whites were allowed to do.
He kept people from immigrating into America just because of their race.

Time to tear down this statue of FDR.

upload_2017-8-16_6-54-15.png

Pretty much 85% of our statues and memorials should be torn down.
What gets me about all this is why its suddenly a big deal..

A clumsy and stupid attempt to find moral equivalence to men who raised their swords against the United States of America. Men who were, in fact, traitors to this nation.

What a pity that, in addition to desperately needing a lesson in morality, some hammerheads like the OP need a lesson in American history. Ham handed stabs at rewriting it appear all the more ridiculous.

FDR appointed a KKK member to the Supreme Court. Justice Black repaid FDR by writing the majority opinion that justified the incarceration of Japanese American citizens without due process. That's the way it works. The democrat party with their minions in the media lied to Americans consistently about FDR's health. They knew they were running a virtual corpse for his 4th term but democrats lied and the media ignored it. FDR lasted about three months and his medical records disappeared from a locked safe. The media wasn't curious.

A clumsy and stupid attempt to find moral equivalence to men who raised their swords against the United States of America. Men who were, in fact, traitors to this nation.

What a pity that, in addition to desperately needing a lesson in morality, some hammerheads like the OP need a lesson in American history. Ham handed stabs at rewriting it appear all the more ridiculous.

And they were for the most part traitors that were re-admitted to citizenship once the war was over. That's how civil wars usually end. Part of the healing process was to allow them to honor their dead, both the soldiers and the cause. Now for some reason a statue of some dude with a rifled musket is too much for some pansy snowflakes to bear.

And they were for the most part traitors that were re-admitted to citizenship once the war was over. That's how civil wars usually end. Part of the healing process was to allow them to honor their dead, both the soldiers and the cause. Now for some reason a statue of some dude with a rifled musket is too much for some pansy snowflakes to bear.
The memorials were, in large part, erected in the era of Jim Crow laws and repression of African Americans. Therefore it can be argued that these memorials were intended as symbols of repressi N.

What are memorials supposed to do? Inspire, honor, inculcate history. I ask: what is inspirational about the treason of confederates? Is it proper Tom honor their treason? Are these memorials inculcating a false history, a history of noble aspirations?

The memorials were, in large part, erected in the era of Jim Crow laws and repression of African Americans. Therefore it can be argued that these memorials were intended as symbols of repressi N.

What are memorials supposed to do? Inspire, honor, inculcate history. I ask: what is inspirational about the treason of confederates? Is it proper Tom honor their treason? Are these memorials inculcating a false history, a history of noble aspirations?

They were raised at the time when all the guys who fought in the war were dying off, which is what triggered most of these being built, especially the ones to unknown and unnamed soldiers.

The only one I know of that was a direct reference to the Redeemer period, and which you would have a case, is the Battle of Liberty Place Monument.

Battle of Liberty Place Monument - Wikipedia

That the only one I can understand as "gotta go"

Pretty much 85% of our statues and memorials should be torn down.
What gets me about all this is why its suddenly a big deal..
The only person In history who never sinned was Jesus, and we all know what they did to him and we all know what happens if someone should see a statue of him on public property.

So it's ok to pick and choose our first amendment rights - as long as they conform to your marxist liberal agenda. I see.

It very well be that a hundred years from now everyone will be vegetarian and look upon meat eaters the same way we do slave owners from the past. They justified in destroying the Obama library because he ate a dog?

The true irony here is ... most freedom loving people decry iconoclasts who destroy iconology based on religious extremism....

The same people are perfectly willing to become iconoclasts based on political extremism.

View attachment 143963

And the capital building in Sacremento as well as any structure build in the 1800's Back to when the Spanis occupied the west coast as all those buildings were built utilizing unpaied labor (slaves) from the population of local Indians. Hate to do it, but I'll quote Trump and ask, where does it stop ? And how will the left handle it when the shoe is on the other foot?

The true irony here is ... most freedom loving people decry iconoclasts who destroy iconology based on religious extremism....

The same people are perfectly willing to become iconoclasts based on political extremism.

You won the internets. I would go further and say most don't even know why they are pissed, just that they are.

FDR did the best he could and so did Obama. How would YOU have managed?

PS and Trump is doing a JOLLY GOOD JOB----so far (my paternal grandmother was
brought up in England-----and my dad called French fries "chips" so I have a right to say
"jolly good" )

You won the internets. I would go further and say most don't even know why they are pissed, just that they are.

I would go so far as to say they're not so much angry as drunk with power ... which can superficially mimic anger.

url.png

View attachment 143963

And the capital building in Sacremento as well as any structure build in the 1800's Back to when the Spanis occupied the west coast as all those buildings were built utilizing unpaied labor (slaves) from the population of local Indians. Hate to do it, but I'll quote Trump and ask, where does it stop ? And how will the left handle it when the shoe is on the other foot?
Then the California missions must be demolished. They are symbols of slavery and Christian oppression. Not only that, but they still have services. They are state park property that regularly holds religious services. Separation of church and state anyone.

The missions must go.

Forum List

Back