Why is it called "fighting for our freedom"? What freedom can someone take from us half a world awa

3,000 former World Trade Center workers were not available for comment.

Do you want to say that we are fighting because of a sense of revenge?
Terrorists who attacked World Trade Center were from Saudi Arabia but the US troops bombed Iraq and Afghanistan.Sanctions were imposed on Iran. Libya was destroyed and the US President Barack Obama went to mourn for the King of Saudi Arabia.
where is the logic?

Saudi Arabia did not fly airplanes into the World Trade Center or the Pentagon. By your logic we should bomb the U.S. because some U.S. Citizens joined al Qaeda.

Iraq was supporting terrorist activities and firing missiles at U.S. Planes.
Afghanistan under the Taliban was sheltering and supporting the people who planned and financed the
Don't mean to offend anyone but can someone explain? But we generally go to a country and has done anything to us and shoot and kill them. My view is that they're defending themselves, how does killing someone who did nothing to us make someone honorable or a hero? I know we say "risking ours lives for our freedom". If Syria came over here shoot at us and our family wouldnt you shoot back? The only ones taking our freedom away with laws are our politicans. What freedoms could the people we fight possibly take from us?
I absolutely agree 110%. I have been saying the exact same thing for years now. My guess is that politicians know of nothing else to use as an excuse for sending our men and women of the armed forces to slaughter. In addition, soldiers come back home after their time is up, and find they have no freedom in their home country. We are a shameful example of everything freedom stands for. If anyone doubts it, go check out the number of innocent citizens in our jails and prisons. Or, fail to stop at a check point on the highway and see how much freedom you have to travel our roads and highways. Or, tell a cop that you'd love to answer his questions but you're late for a doctor appointment.

Sonny Clark, You have more freedoms than anyone in any other Country on Earth. Don't like our laws? Get involved in changing them instead of just bitching. I served and came home to enjoy the freedoms I served to defend. I drive our roads and highways freely. I'm not in jail or prison because I obey the laws, we as a society, have instituted to protect us from thugs and criminals who think they should have the freedom to take what they want from the rightful owners, and protect us from the stupidity of thugs and idiots.
Your post exposes your hatred against my Country. Where did you learn such false garbage?

Do you want to say that we are fighting because of a sense of revenge?
Terrorists who attacked World Trade Center were from Saudi Arabia but the US troops bombed Iraq and Afghanistan.Sanctions were imposed on Iran. Libya was destroyed and the US President Barack Obama went to mourn for the King of Saudi Arabia.
where is the logic?

Saudi Arabia did not fly airplanes into the World Trade Center or the Pentagon. By your logic we should bomb the U.S. because some U.S. Citizens joined al Qaeda.

Iraq was supporting terrorist activities and firing missiles at U.S. Planes.
Afghanistan under the Taliban was sheltering and supporting the people who planned and financed the
Don't mean to offend anyone but can someone explain? But we generally go to a country and has done anything to us and shoot and kill them. My view is that they're defending themselves, how does killing someone who did nothing to us make someone honorable or a hero? I know we say "risking ours lives for our freedom". If Syria came over here shoot at us and our family wouldnt you shoot back? The only ones taking our freedom away with laws are our politicans. What freedoms could the people we fight possibly take from us?
I absolutely agree 110%. I have been saying the exact same thing for years now. My guess is that politicians know of nothing else to use as an excuse for sending our men and women of the armed forces to slaughter. In addition, soldiers come back home after their time is up, and find they have no freedom in their home country. We are a shameful example of everything freedom stands for. If anyone doubts it, go check out the number of innocent citizens in our jails and prisons. Or, fail to stop at a check point on the highway and see how much freedom you have to travel our roads and highways. Or, tell a cop that you'd love to answer his questions but you're late for a doctor appointment.

Sonny Clark, You have more freedoms than anyone in any other Country on Earth. Don't like our laws? Get involved in changing them instead of just bitching. I served and came home to enjoy the freedoms I served to defend. I drive our roads and highways freely. I'm not in jail or prison because I obey the laws, we as a society, have instituted to protect us from thugs and criminals who think they should have the freedom to take what they want from the rightful owners, and protect us from the stupidity of thugs and idiots.
Your post exposes your hatred against my Country. Where did you learn such false garbage?
I wasn't comparing our country to any other country. I do not live in any other country. I was saying what I see and know for a fact here in this country. For your information, I am involved. Your assumption is incorrect. You know absolutely nothing about me, nor what I do or don't do. I also served U.S.M.C. 1967 - 1970. If you're enjoying freedom, then count yourself lucky and fortunate. Many don't. There are many that, like you, obey our laws, yet are serving time in our jails and prisons ( The Innocence Project ). In America, your freedom is your luck. Many in law enforcement "Take What They Want" from innocent citizens each and every day. New laws have just been passed to prevent that practice. Police used "seizure" unrestricted, and took multi-$millions in personal property for the purpose of personal gain and revenue for their city, county, or state. It's well documented if you care to research it. For your information, our police officers and others in law enforcement are "THUGS". So, where is your protection from "THUGS"?

I do NOT hate this country, never have and never will. I was born and raised in this country, and have raised my kids here. Again, you are assuming too much. Also, if what I say is "false garbage", as you put it, what's false? Please tell me anything that I have said that is false. Can you? Go ahead, tell me what I've said that is false, please. I do NOT lie. I tell it like it is. If what I say rubs you the wrong way, it certainly wasn't my intention to do so. I do not sugar coat things. I say exactly what the situation is, and what is obvious.

In America, your freedom is your luck. Many in law enforcement "Take What They Want" from innocent citizens each and every day. New laws have just been passed to prevent that practice. Police used "seizure" unrestricted, and took multi-$millions in personal property for the purpose of personal gain and revenue for their city, county, or state.
Police are paid to enforce the laws. You are confused. Police do not make the laws, they are sent to confiscate xyz by the local, state or federal governments. Usually for drug activity that illegally got the property in the first place. That isn't exactly innocent.

In America, your freedom is your luck. Many in law enforcement "Take What They Want" from innocent citizens each and every day. New laws have just been passed to prevent that practice. Police used "seizure" unrestricted, and took multi-$millions in personal property for the purpose of personal gain and revenue for their city, county, or state.
Police are paid to enforce the laws. You are confused. Police do not make the laws, they are sent to confiscate xyz by the local, state or federal governments. Usually for drug activity that illegally got the property in the first place. That isn't exactly innocent.
Please do some research. If what you say is true, then why was the matter clarified recently and law enforcement officers were instructed otherwise? Should I do the research for you? Yes, innocent people have had personal property taken, sold, or used by those that took it for their personal use. Please do some research then let me know what you find out. Thanks.

Because the people we are fighting, radical Islamic extremists believe in taking their jihad around the world.....they will not stop in the Middle east....as they tell us every time they are asked....and in the old, history days, after Germany started World War 2, people used to understand that you can't let people who say they want to take over countries...actually do it, and then stand back an let them....it doesn't dissuade them by thinking they will just stop......so the same applies here...they want to take over the world....and it may seem implausible now......but if we let them have Afghanistan, and Iraq.....that gives them a starting point.....so we stop them now...before they are too big to stop, or they get a nuclear weapon....like China, Russia and North Korea....and we can't stop them militarily.....

Why is it called "fighting for our freedom"? What freedom can someone take from us half a world awa

An attack provoked by US imperialism. Perhaps the better defense is to not be meddling in other people's business.

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2015/01/16/us/politics/16reuters-usa-police-holder.html?_r=0

WASHINGTON — State and local police in the United States will no longer be able to use federal laws to justify seizing property without evidence of a crime, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder said on Friday.

The practice of local police taking property, including cash and cars, from people that they stop, and of handing it over to federal authorities, became common during the country's war on drugs in the 1980s.

Holder cited "safeguarding civil liberties" as a reason for the change in policy.

The order directs federal agencies who have collected property during such seizures to withdraw their participation, except if the items collected could endanger the public, as in the case of firearms.

Holder said the ban was the first step in a comprehensive review the Justice Department has launched of the program.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/11/opinion/civil-forfeiture-and-accountability.html

Another growing revenue source is civil forfeiture, which allows the authorities to seize cash, cars and even homes from people who haven’t been charged with wrongdoing, who in order to get the property back must prove that it was legally acquired. In September, The Washington Post reported that more than $2.5 billion had been seized from motorists and others since 9/11, without search warrants or indictments, under a program that targets cash that moves along highways.

Because the people we are fighting, radical Islamic extremists believe in taking their jihad around the world.....they will not stop in the Middle east....as they tell us every time they are asked....and in the old, history days, after Germany started World War 2, people used to understand that you can't let people who say they want to take over countries...actually do it, and then stand back an let them....it doesn't dissuade them by thinking they will just stop......so the same applies here...they want to take over the world....and it may seem implausible now......but if we let them have Afghanistan, and Iraq.....that gives them a starting point.....so we stop them now...before they are too big to stop, or they get a nuclear weapon....like China, Russia and North Korea....and we can't stop them militarily.....
But, we aren't doing anything to stop them in Iraq or in Afghanistan. We're doing nothing but engaging in a high stakes police action.

Like I said, the police act on orders from the governments and I'm not a fan of Holder by any stretch.
Police act as they damn well please. How many police officers are in our jails and prisons? How many are convicted for the same crimes you and I would be convicted for? How many members of law enforcement are actually held accountable for their actions?

Like I said, the police act on orders from the governments and I'm not a fan of Holder by any stretch.
Police act as they damn well please. How many police officers are in our jails and prisons? How many are convicted for the same crimes you and I would be convicted for? How many members of law enforcement are actually held accountable for their actions?
Lots of LEOs in jail. They're called employees. No, cops can't do as they please, you're contradicting yourself. Just don't act stupid and you'll be fine.

What was the religious reason we went in to Afghanistan and Iraq? We had coalition forces and the motives were the same, stop the nutbags from taking over. There, or here.
Yeah, otherwise you'd wake up one morning to see the first wave of Iraqi landing craft coming up the Hudson.

We did NOT go to Afghanistan for religious reasons, and I never ever said that we did. We did NOT go to Iraq for religious reasons, and I never ever said that we did. Yes, we went in an effort to stop terrorists, I agree. Why were the terrorists fighting?
You went into Iraq to stop terrorists?

Orwell was right.

Nonsense. Go to Germany or Japan and get back to us.
Germany had democracy and freedom most of the century before its occupation. I'd venture to suggest Japan has as much democracy and freedom as it had before its occupation as well. After all, the US put the same groups back in control.

The poster posed some legitimate questions. Those questions certainly merit thought. Yes, we have been known to trump-up reasons to go to war. But, usually, at least in the past 50 years, those reasons mainly consist of two words, "Freedom" and "Democracy". Yet, we have neither established freedom nor democracy anywhere. And, any losses or threats to our own freedom and democracy, have come from within.
Nonsense. Go to Germany or Japan and get back to us.
Germany had democracy and freedom before its occupation. I'd venture to suggest Japan has as much democracy and freedom as it had before its occupation as well. After all, the US put the same groups back in control.

Wow this far left drone has really got their wires crossed, their programming must have been updated by the same ones that rolled Obamacare.

We did NOT go to Afghanistan for religious reasons, and I never ever said that we did. We did NOT go to Iraq for religious reasons, and I never ever said that we did. Yes, we went in an effort to stop terrorists, I agree. Why were the terrorists fighting?
You went into Iraq to stop terrorists?

Orwell was right.
I didn't go into Iraq. Orwell was right about what?

Forum List

Back