Why is hypnosis not used in police interrogations?

There is probably a good reason.

And why doesn't the FBI and the CIA use hypnosis to interrogate?

They spent millions to develop drugs for interrogation such as LSD and so on. They also use lie detectors. But not hypnosis. Why is that?
people cannot be hypnotized against their will.

and FYI "lie detectors" do not detect lies and are based on junk science

People can absolutely get hypnotized against their will. Before cameras were common in shops, stage hypnotists often went and got for example cashiers to hand cash to them out of their tills. And the cashiers had no memory that they did it even when they got fired for theft.

no they can't.

and it's easy to confuse a cashier

Yrs they can. And if you get more time with your intended victim, like if you are her coworker or family member or neighbor, the easier it gets, because the brain gradually breaks down in frequent repeated hypnosis. That is why medical literature restricts hypnosis to be short and only once a week for ethical practitioners.
prove it.

give me a link to a scientific study that proves people can be hypnotized against their will

Ok. Here is one scientific study from the Human Givens Institute, but YouTube too is full of them by people who are proud to do it because it is against the will of their victims. For example you shake the hand of your new friend and in the same time you wave your other hand close to her eyes. Classic rapid induction, instantaneous trance.

that is not a scientific study.

that is an essay on the ethics of using hypnosis

They spent millions to develop drugs for interrogation such as LSD and so on. They also use lie detectors. But not hypnosis. Why is that?

People can absolutely get hypnotized against their will. Before cameras were common in shops, stage hypnotists often went and got for example cashiers to hand cash to them out of their tills. And the cashiers had no memory that they did it even when they got fired for theft.

no they can't.

Yrs they can. And if you get more time with your intended victim, like if you are her coworker or family member or neighbor, the easier it gets, because the brain gradually breaks down in frequent repeated hypnosis. That is why medical literature restricts hypnosis to be short and only once a week for ethical practitioners.
prove it.

give me a link to a scientific study that proves people can be hypnotized against their will

Ok. Here is one scientific study from the Human Givens Institute, but YouTube too is full of them by people who are proud to do it because it is against the will of their victims. For example you shake the hand of your new friend and in the same time you wave your other hand close to her eyes. Classic rapid induction, instantaneous trance.

The dangers of hypnosis a real. It lists side effects such as chronic anxiety, headaches, increased suggestibility, and so on. It even reports a scientifically acknowledged statistics that for example if a therapist has multiple clients who will call in to cancel sessions on a day, then the therapist will feel this in his will no less and will wish he had less sessions to do that day, before the telephones even start ringing for the cancellations. Hypnotists and psychiatrists have a technical term for this called thought transference and it is formally taught in medical schools.

no they can't.

prove it.

The dangers of hypnosis a real. It lists side effects such as chronic anxiety, headaches, increased suggestibility, and so on. It even reports a scientifically acknowledged statistics that for example if a therapist has multiple clients who will call in to cancel sessions on a day, then the therapist will feel this in his will no less and will wish he had less sessions to do that day, before the telephones even start ringing for the cancellations. Hypnotists and psychiatrists have a technical term for this called thought transference and it is formally taught in medical schools.

people who go to a hypnotherapist are willing to be hypnotized.

You said any person on the street can by hypnotized against their will

you have to prove that

Because the popo is da ones that B brainwashed.
" It's the law,Maam. You don't have permits, handicap bathrooms, parking permits,health dept evaluation or tax ID to sell bread out of your house. You have the right to a good Jew lawyer...."
It's a land of the fee thing.
"We must also arrest your 8 year old granddaughter for the lemonade.We're just following orders."
Yes aunt Sue. I know you are my dads sister but....THE LAW IS THE LAW

no they can't.

prove it.

you have to prove that

Any person the street can be hypnotized against their will. You don't need to be a medical doctor for that. Every stage hypnotists can say, that if you try often enough, you will find the right combination to hypnotize your target. Anyone can becactarget. If you don't succeedvthevforst time, become his parent or coworker or neighbor orvteacher and so on. All you need is time. This is an industry, and I was wondering if police participates in it too. The KGB andcthevgestapo did.

" It's the law,Maam. You don't have permits, handicap bathrooms, parking permits,health dept evaluation or tax ID to sell bread out of your house. You have the right to a good Jew lawyer...."
"We must also arrest your 8 year old granddaughter for the lemonade.We're just following orders."

If the police was not brainwashed then they could turn anyone into a confessing fallon and boost their court victory numbers for their yearly bonuses.

If the police was not brainwashed then they could turn anyone into a confessing fallon and boost their court victory numbers for their yearly bonuses.
I think you were searching the words "were" and "felon" but id B all good

no they can't.

prove it.

you have to prove that

Any person the street can be hypnotized against their will. You don't need to be a medical doctor for that. Every stage hypnotists can say, that if you try often enough, you will find the right combination to hypnotize your target. Anyone can becactarget. If you don't succeedvthevforst time, become his parent or coworker or neighbor orvteacher and so on. All you need is time. This is an industry, and I was wondering if police participates in it too. The KGB andcthevgestapo did.
then show me the scientific proof that supports your claims

no they can't.

prove it.

you have to prove that

I already did. Now you show me your scientific proof that some sort of a permission is needed for hypnosis to be successful.

no they can't.

prove it.

you have to prove that

I already did. Now you show me your scientific proof that some sort of a permission is needed for hypnosis to be successful.
no you did not you linked to an essay on the ethics of using hypnosis and how it can be abused.

There was nothing in that essay that said any person can walk up to any other person at random and hypnotize them.

No one can just walk up to you and hypnotize you

no they can't.

prove it.

you have to prove that

no you did not you linked to an essay on the ethics of using hypnosis and how it can be abused.

There was nothing in that essay that said any person can walk up to any other person at random and hypnotize them.

Ok then you can search YouTube and the internet with keywords like rapid induction hypnosis or covert conversational hypnosis.

In this link, you can find references to the pioneering medical works if Braid and Erickson in this subject.

no they can't.

prove it.

you have to prove that

Ok then you can search YouTube and the internet with keywords like rapid induction hypnosis or covert conversational hypnosis.

In this link, you can find references to the pioneering medical works if Braid and Erickson in this subject.

just because there is a you tube video saying you can hypnotize any random stranger you meet doesn't make it true.

Which is why I asked for a reference to a scientific study.

and i doubt a video by "rebel magic" will meet any scientific standard.

how gullible are you?

no they can't.

prove it.

you have to prove that

just because there is a you tube video saying you can hypnotize any random stranger you meet doesn't make it true.

how gullible are you?

Maybe you can read the link. When you ask for scientific proof, prideful answers don't cut it. Like I mentioned in my previous post, the link refers to the medical works that establish this practice. There can be many more links, probable better links. But this too answers your question.

no they can't.

prove it.

you have to prove that

how gullible are you?

Maybe you can read the link. When you ask for scientific proof, prideful answers don't cut it. Like I mentioned in my previous post, the link refers to the medical works that establish this practice. There can be many more links, probable better links. But this too answers your question.

you are intentionally lumping hypnosis in a therapeutic setting with entertainment

nothing in any therapeutic hypnosis literature says that any Tom Dick or Harry can walk up to you at your job and hypnotize you so you hand over all the cash in the register.

The person being hypnotized has to be cooperative. You cannot hypnotized a person against their will.

I can't be hypnotized, even when I'm willing. I'm sure I'm not the only one. And they say that even when you're hypnotized, it won't cause you to do something completely against your will, like murder, for instance.

Polygraphs are pretty good indicators of whether someone is lying. Not 100%, so not good enough to be used in court, but our state police use them in interrogations. A person who refuses one usually is hiding something.

I can't be hypnotized, even when I'm willing. I'm sure I'm not the only one. And they say that even when you're hypnotized, it won't cause you to do something completely against your will, like murder, for instance.

Polygraphs are pretty good indicators of whether someone is lying. Not 100%, so not good enough to be used in court, but our state police use them in interrogations. A person who refuses one usually is hiding something.
A friend of mine who is a therapist taught me to hypnotize myself. If I am stressed out I can put myself under and go to a peaceful place. It works really well.

A friend of mine who is a therapist taught me to hypnotize myself. If I am stressed out I can put myself under and go to a peaceful place. It works really well.
I'm jealous. I remember the first time a psychologist tried to put me under. All that "you feel the relaxation moving from your fingertips up your arms, you are calm, you are in a favorite place..." after awhile, he asked, "How are you feeling?"

I said, "Stupid."

Boy was he pissed.

Last edited:
Why can poleeses lie to you in an interrogation but if you lie it is a crime?
It's called subornation of perjury when a cop does that. It's punishable by fines or up to five years in prison for the cop.
Whether they use a lie detector, or hypnosis, LSD, drugs or any other dirty tricks to induce a suspect to lie.

IO believe that is in court. Not interrogation.

Forum List

Back