Chicago - the Homicide Capital of the U.S.

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
1609334916922.png

Looking at these numbers, Chicago seems to be in a league of its own when it comes to criminal homicide. One occasionally sees articles blaming it on the new Mayor, but I don't really see that connection.

And given the poor marksmanship, for every gun-death there are half a dozen shootings that didn't result in death.

What is it about Chicago? My own personal experiences in that town are all positive. There are great neighborhoods, great restaurants (well, used to be), great entertainment venues, parks, the Navy Pier, great museums. What the fuck?

View attachment 435059
Looking at these numbers, Chicago seems to be in a league of its own when it comes to criminal homicide. One occasionally sees articles blaming it on the new Mayor, but I don't really see that connection.

And given the poor marksmanship, for every gun-death there are half a dozen shootings that didn't result in death.

What is it about Chicago? My own personal experiences in that town are all positive. There are great neighborhoods, great restaurants (well, used to be), great entertainment venues, parks, the Navy Pier, great museums. What the fuck?

It is a ahithole city.

I'm surprised the stats show that citizens have a 5-fold more of a chance of getting assassinated in Cleveland as opposed to Pittsburgh.

View attachment 435059

It is a ahithole city.

Its good business, however, for dames like my cousin who works as a nurse in a major Chi-town hospital. Getting a bullet dug out of your brain in an expensive procedure.

View attachment 435059

.....actually, St Louis has a higher rate--much higher [ for years ] until recently and voted most dangerous city many times---unlike Chicago

STL:
260 murders ....around 300,000 population
Chicago:
700 murders ...around 2.6 million population

View attachment 435059

What has happened to Chicago is one of the saddest chapters in American history.

I have read that in the early 20th century, Chicago was the promised land for certain folks in the South, where they were subject to humiliating segregation.

Although there was discrimination in employment & housing, those folks from the South enjoyed more freedom and equality than in the South.

In my opinion, those folks who came north back then would be heartbroken if they could see the violence and mayhem that is current in some sections of the Windy City.

.....actually, St Louis has a higher rate--much higher [ for years ] until recently and voted most dangerous city many times---unlike Chicago

I was under the impression that East St. Louis has a much higher rate than Regular St. Louis.

It's kinda like abortion, Democrats killing Democrats. Just don't bring the thugs to my hood. Let them kill each other.

View attachment 435059

What has happened to Chicago is one of the saddest chapters in American history.

I have read that in the early 20th century, Chicago was the promised land for certain folks in the South, where they were subject to humiliating segregation.

Although there was discrimination in employment & housing, those folks from the South enjoyed more freedom and equality than in the South.

In my opinion, those folks who came north back then would be heartbroken if they could see the violence and mayhem that is current in some sections of the Windy City.
like my thread on liberal/leftist/black cities - murder up in many cities......like I've said many times - the blacks won't accept THEY are the problem--not cops or whites--so the problem goes on ...Keisha Bottoms is a PRIME example = she doesn't know what to do = because she can't accept the fact that blacks are the problem

View attachment 435059

People of all races- but mostly blacks- immigrating from the South to industrial cities in the midwest including Chicago to pursue employment back in the early 20th century. Industries like the automobile racket needed people to man the assembly lines, swab out the open hearths, and other tasks. It really didn't have much to do with equality but with opportunity.

View attachment 435059

It is a ahithole city.

Its good business, however, for dames like my cousin who works as a nurse in a major Chi-town hospital. Getting a bullet dug out of your brain in an expensive procedure.
That's why opted out of having a brain ! :woohoo:

View attachment 435059

like my thread on liberal/leftist/black cities - murder up in many cities......like I've said many times - the blacks won't accept THEY are the problem--not cops or whites--so the problem goes on ...Keisha Bottoms is a PRIME example = she doesn't know what to do = because she can't accept the fact that blacks are the problem

Ms. Bottoms is probably as sad as anyone else about the ghastly behavior of a significant percentage of certain folks.

It must be very painful for her to see how that significant percentage acts.

IMHO, if Dr. Booker T. Washington were alive, he would be totally mortified by what is happening.

He felt that the freedmen and women would eagerly use every opportunity to educate themselves in order to become constructive members of American society.

View attachment 435059

Ms. Bottoms is probably as sad as anyone else about the ghastly behavior of a significant percentage of certain folks.

It must be very painful for her to see how that significant percentage acts.

IMHO, if Dr. Booker T. Washington were alive, he would be totally mortified by what is happening.

He felt that the freedmen and women would eagerly use every opportunity to educate themselves in order to become constructive members of American society.
..they are not as sad as when a black jackass criminal is justifiably killed by cops

...many, many years ago, I would read about black children being killed like this...I called the radio station/etc and asked them what are you doing about it.....they said ''what can we do?''' well, they publish 24/7 when a WHITE cop justifiably kills a black man .....but when a kid is killed --no biggie
no MASSIVE effort by the blacks when a child is MURDERED compared to when a jackass criminal dies

The woketard mayor tossed get cops under the bus during the BLM mostly peaceful riots.

The leftie governor let many inmates out of the jails to protect them from covid.

The Cook County State's Attorney is dropping 29.9% of all felony charges.

So we have a prosecutor that doesn't prosecute, jails with an open door policy and cops that are afraid of being tossed under the bus so are likely not being as aggressive in the field.

Gee, I cannot figure out why crime is jumping. Better call in the social workers to ffigure it out.

The woketard mayor tossed get cops under the bus during the BLM mostly peaceful riots.

The leftie governor let many inmates out of the jails to protect them from covid.

So we have a prosecutor that doesn't prosecute, jails with an open door policy and cops that are afraid of being tossed under the bus so are likely not being as aggressive in the field.

Gee, I cannot figure out why crime is jumping. Better call in the social workers to ffigure it out.
any BLM protest is bullshit

Protests are fine. When they're looting, burning and tossing projectiles at cops (which the mayor refused to allow to actually wear riot gear) that's a riot. When they are ongoing for days or weeks they should be dealt with harshly.

The old Mayor Daley knew how to deal with that shit.

Looting - shoot to maim
Burning - shoot to kill

That would've put an end to that nonsense. Hell, at one point they were renting U-Hauls and driving them up to stores and loading them up. Frigging ridiculous. Then the mayor, after allowing all of this, was begging retailers to come back, appealing to some sense of morality in which it is their civic duty or some such weirdness, while it is not hers and the governor's duty to protect property in the first place.

Welcome to upsidedownville.

Protests are fine. When they're looting, burning and tossing projectiles at cops (which the mayor refused to allow to actually wear riot gear) that's a riot. When they are ongoing for days or weeks they should be dealt with harshly.

The old Mayor Daley knew how to deal with that shit.

Looting - shoot to maim
Burning - shoot to kill

That would've put an end to that nonsense. Hell, at one point they were renting U-Hauls and driving them up to stores and loading them up. Frigging ridiculous. Then the mayor, after allowing all of this, was begging retailers to come back, appealing to some sense of morality in which it is their civic duty or some such weirdness, while it is not hers and the governor's duty to protect property in the first place.

Welcome to upsidedownville.
they are protesting FOR criminals/criminality
MBrown
EGarner
KScot
FGray
etc
....all criminals and police did nothing wrong = protesters fk up the community--we see it now in the rising crime and murder rates

If Al Capone was alive today he would hide in his basement like Joe Biden.

View attachment 435059

Chicago is very wealthy and with wealth comes crime-duh, it happens in every city of the USA.

Forum List

Back