Why is Hollywood something like 98% liberal?

nomadic5

Platinum Member
Nov 28, 2022
I got to thinking about this. Maybe you have other thoughts but here's what I came up with:

They are so used to being some person they are not (their job is acting), so they just "naturally" acquire the liberal's mindset of thinking that anything they think or feel is SO. "I play an attorney on (this or that) show so I identify as an attorney. Therefore, I am an attorney" (or what have you).

So then they just do what all liberals do: think they can change reality just by, you know--wishing to change it.

In other words, they live in a fantasy world where "babies in the womb aren't really babies and besides, even if they are, they are in my way so I will kill them"

-- etc..................

Conservatives tend to get jobs that don't involve pretending to be someone else.
I think along those lines. Actors and many in hollyturd do nothing particularly productive or valuable and they make huge amounts of money. There must be some guilt in their minds, or they fear that if they do not appease the millions of little commie monsters running amok in the country, they themselves would become victims of leftist collectivism.

That's why they attend "fundraisers" that some inane "charity" spends $700K on, to eat a $600 dinner and "raise" $1.2M to educate kangaroo rats in Nambia, and the organizers of course earn a $300K salary to write a $100K check that ends up in a politician's pocket.

I got to thinking about this. Maybe you have other thoughts but here's what I came up with:

They are so used to being some person they are not (their job is acting), so they just "naturally" acquire the liberal's mindset of thinking that anything they think or feel is SO. "I play an attorney on (this or that) show so I identify as an attorney. Therefore, I am an attorney" (or what have you).

So then they just do what all liberals do: think they can change reality just by, you know--wishing to change it.

In other words, they live in a fantasy world where "babies in the womb aren't really babies and besides, even if they are, they are in my way so I will kill them"

-- etc..................
Liberals are kick-ass!

It takes the same kind of ethos -- narcissism -- to be an actor as it takes to fall for the lure of the devil. Why so many Whorelywood stank are satanists.

-- etc..................
The insanely rich love the DNC, like Bill Gates and George Soros.

They just want a type of Caste system like they have in India where there is no competition for their children who will have the same easy life they have with the same career.

Liberals are kick-ass!
Liberals are kick-ass!
I agree

they are superhero wannabees

1670018437887.png

-- etc..................
Maybe because they are 90% pedophile.

-- etc..................
Tradition. Originally many of the early, major players in Hollywood were Jews who were unable to break into more traditional fields due to antisemitism. If you've been a victim of discrimination you tend to take a less favorable view of those that want to maintain the caste system.

I have read over the years several statements by insiders that say that many of the Hollywood people are nowhere near as Liberal as we think they are. However, they keep their mouths shut because there is a sizeable Limousine Liberal upper echelon and they don't want to get blackballed.

Liberals are not very tolerant of dissent and if your livelihood depends upon their good graces you had better tow the Commie line.

Of course, I do not know the answer.

But I think that people in show business have always been more "liberal" than the general population.

When entertainers in the early years of the 20th century started a place called Hollywood to make silent movies, they naturally brought with them their "liberal" (permissive?) mores.

During World War II, it was the famous movie star of the 1930s and 1940s Bette Davis who demanded that African American soldiers be allowed to relax in clubs set up for Caucasian soldiers only.

And "Hollywood" was tolerant toward gay actors (in the closet) at a time when society in general loved the police persecuting gay men.

So "Hollywood" seems to have always been for the underdog, since traditionally show business people were looked down on by the upper classes (hear tell that in old England, they had to enter through the rear entrance of stately homes).

Thus, maybe that is one reason show biz people are so "liberal."

For many, I suspect it's a business decision. I better play along or I won't get any work.
I second this. My question is, of those who have not compromised their beliefs, how many of them are still doing well enough all things considered? The following are those who I am aware of being mostly republican/conservative.

Candace Cameron Bure
Kirk Cameron
Chuck Norris
Scott Baio
James Woods
Kid Rock
Sean Kanan
Kimberlin Brown
Dean Cain

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

P.S. I am sure that there are others in Hollywood with a more conservative mindset? Who am I overlooking?

Forum List

Back