Why Is First Lady Scarce In Campaign? Her Last Name Is Obama

Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Oh where has the love gone ? Lol ! :biggrin:

MILWAUKEE — She can rouse a crowd as she did here this week, connect with women and drive turnout among African-American voters. Yet despite the nail-biting closeness of state contests to decide which party will control the Senate, Michelle Obama has been largely absent from the campaign trail so far.
She has her reasons, Democrats say: Mrs. Obama hates to be away from her daughters. She loathes Washington’s toxic politics. She resents Republicans for their opposition to her husband’s agenda. But she also believes some Senate Democrats have been insufficiently supportive of her own efforts to end childhood obesity.
This month, though, Mrs. Obama is emerging to rally voters, mostly, it seems, on behalf of candidates for governor. On Friday, she was in Maine and Massachusetts for rallies, and later she will return to Wisconsin for another voter-mobilization event like the one she led here on Monday.
  • But unlike Hillary Rodham Clinton, who as first lady crisscrossed the country for Democrats in 1998, visiting about 20 states, Mrs. Obama will keep to a fairly limited path. In a measure of how deeply unpopular her husband is in Republican-leaning battleground states, Democratic Senate candidates there worry that Mrs. Obama’s presence would tie them too closely to the president they are trying to distance themselves from, just as undecided voters are making up their minds.
“She’s awesome, but it just brings in the name Obama,” said a Democratic strategist in a state with a close Senate race, who, like most other Democrats interviewed, declined to be identified discussing politics involving Mrs. Obama.
Last month, the only candidate Mrs. Obama campaigned for was Michelle Nunn, who will need a larger-than-usual turnout of African-American and female voters to win Georgia’s open Senate seat. Mrs. Obama has no plans to go to Arkansas, Louisiana or North Carolina, three of the states with the most competitive races that will decide whether Democrats hold their Senate majority. She will, however, lead a rally on Oct. 23 in Colorado for Mark Udall, the embattled incumbent senator.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/04/u...s-fear-her-last-name-is-a-liability.html?_r=2

fine by me, I was as sick of her as I am her Hubby. they think if they BOMBARD us with their BS everyday it's suppose to make us LOVE their commie policies. Well the hubbies disapprovals is showing it didn't WORK...:banana:

with a face of a monkey, and an ass bigger than an Elephant's, and a voice that is as irritating as fingers scraping a chalk board, with policies aligning with Karl Marx..., how could anyone but the most rabid liberscum like the bitch ? :up: :lmao:

with a face of a monkey, and an ass bigger than an Elephant's, and a voice that is as irritating as fingers scraping a chalk board, with policies aligning with Karl Marx..., how could anyone but the most rabid liberscum like the bitch ? :up: :lmao:

Ahh, RWNJs keepin' it classy, I see.... carry on. Let the world see your hatred. It's a gift - for the Left.

... She resents Republicans for their opposition to her husband’s agenda...

Pretty much says it all.

... She resents Republicans for their opposition to her husband’s agenda...

Pretty much says it all.

she resents everyone.. even us Citizens who is against her lunch menu and her Hubbies agenda. I guess she isn't proud of us anymore. damnitalltohell

They've both been the worst first lady and President I have live under in my 60 years

I didn't even despise Bill Clinton as do these two. I can't wait for the day they are out of lives and I hope it's for good

They've both been the worst first lady and President I have live under in my 60 years

I didn't even despise Bill Clinton as do these two. I can't wait for the day they are out of lives and I hope it's for good

I hear that English courses really don't cost all that much. You might want to consider that option, Staph Infection.

And the sentiment you voice really is quite strange.

Either Republicans have weird gay oral sex fantasies when they get all huffy, or they wish people to be dead.

THAT. IS. WEIRD.

The way you nutjobs are sobbing, one would think she was campaigning in your front yard. Butthurt much?:boohoo:

lol, when did a first lady have polls done on their favor abilities.

she wasn't elected to anything but being "show piece" for our country..and she failed at that with her ugly heart

some have had cause, like drugs, reading, etc. Mabella thought she was ELECTED TO change our schools lunches and now she's hated for it. breaks my heart. ok no it doesn't...lol

she wasn't elected to anything but being "show piece" for our country..and she failed at that with her ugly heart

some have had cause, like drugs, reading, etc. Mabella thought she was ELECTED TO change our schools lunches and now she's hated for it. breaks my heart. ok no it doesn't...lol

They have done polls on First Ladies for many years now, it isn't some new invention. Laura Bush left office with the highest ratings since Gallup started polling First Ladies.

Presidential Ratings -- The First Lady Gallup Historical Trends

They have done polls on First Ladies for many years now, it isn't some new invention. Laura Bush left office with the highest ratings since Gallup started polling First Ladies.

Presidential Ratings -- The First Lady Gallup Historical Trends

whoopdie doo:rolleyes-41:

"favor abilities"

:lol:

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

Forum List

Back