Why is anyone worried about China?

I am absolutely dumbfounded how this idiot left wing statist liberal can lampoon the technocratic state run enterprise about "unintended consequences" on this policy, and yet not understand that the same thing applies to every other state run enterprise he shills for.

tenor.gif

Kinda like the unintended consequences of tariffs.

Comparing a little protectionism, to policies of technocrats is the height of being obtuse.

Americanism has a long history of protectionism. It does not, however, have a history of full government take over of large swaths of the economy and parts of individuals' private lives.

Stop being so hyperbolic to push your goddamed leftist/statist/bureacratic agenda.

This particular piece is obviously just anti-chinese propaganda. Who gives a shit what the Chinese do? It is obviously there to get Americans pissed at China. I am sure the Chinese put out unflattering propaganda about how our government is involved in war crimes that John Oliver never covers because he is a shill of the corporate structure. He should spend more time worried about real shit that should concern Americans, not this distraction shit.

You mentioned unintended consequences. Protectionism is full of them. Have you noticed how well steel is doing after those tariffs? Lots of layoffs and US steel stock down 80%. The government shouldn't be trying to control trade, they aren't good at it.

How will a one child policy cause an over populated country to implode? Social security? China doesn't have any social security. China will continue to dominate the rest of the world with slave labor and cheap goods and criminal hackers as long as (mostly) lefties remain ignorant about the real freaking world an listen to comedians disguised as experts. .
Did you watch the video? It answers your questions.

And on the pollution front:
1 million dead and US$38 billion lost: the price of China’s air pollution

Air pollution is killing 1 million people and costing Chinese economy 267 billion yuan a year, research from CUHK shows
Two pollutants were found to cause an average 1.1 million premature deaths in the country each year and are destroying 20 million tonnes of rice, wheat, maize and soybean
Their problem
Yes, that's the point. They have a lot of problems.

This video really explains how they doomed themselves with the 1 child rule for so long. And even now they limit 2 children. Between these problems and all the pollution they will implode.

Yeah, I think that's a fair point, it could happen. Personally, I have two generally vague concerns rattling around in my little brain, but they persist:

First is their sheer human size, and the fact that its authoritarian government can wield (particularly militarily) such massive numbers on a whim.

Second is the unknown and unforeseeable dynamic of their mix of vicious central control and "capitalism". There is simply no way to know how that will turn out, and they don't have to worry about elections if this group or that group are allowed to suffer. Just yesterday I saw a story where China is the largest land owner in Canada, and we know their sheer size will allow them to do that anywhere and or any period of time. What does that look like in 50, 100 years?

They're huge, cash-rich, very smart, authoritarian and aggressive. That's a concerning mix, even if we can't point at one macro issue.

I think in their case it's more people, more problems. When they have lots of old and not many working age to care for them the issue will be worse due to so many people.

The brain now channels Jojo Biden in his why worry about China bullshit....Jojo, get OFF of USMB...we have enough stupid DeathRATS already here!

'China is going to eat our lunch?': Biden dismisses Beijing as threat
View attachment 285377
Former vice-president Joe Biden on Wednesday dismissed the notion the United States should be worried about China as a geopolitical competitor,
Look at the facts. They are in a bad way. And on top of all these problems they are the cheap economy now, if they start charging too much companies move to cheaper labor. We see this in trumps trade war. Jobs aren't coming back here, but they are moving to other countries.

I am absolutely dumbfounded how this idiot left wing statist liberal can lampoon the technocratic state run enterprise about "unintended consequences" on this policy, and yet not understand that the same thing applies to every other state run enterprise he shills for.

tenor.gif

Comparing a little protectionism, to policies of technocrats is the height of being obtuse.

Americanism has a long history of protectionism. It does not, however, have a history of full government take over of large swaths of the economy and parts of individuals' private lives.

Stop being so hyperbolic to push your goddamed leftist/statist/bureacratic agenda.

This particular piece is obviously just anti-chinese propaganda. Who gives a shit what the Chinese do? It is obviously there to get Americans pissed at China. I am sure the Chinese put out unflattering propaganda about how our government is involved in war crimes that John Oliver never covers because he is a shill of the corporate structure. He should spend more time worried about real shit that should concern Americans, not this distraction shit.

You mentioned unintended consequences. Protectionism is full of them. Have you noticed how well steel is doing after those tariffs? Lots of layoffs and US steel stock down 80%. The government shouldn't be trying to control trade, they aren't good at it.

Lol the govt isnt good at much of anything yet you are a shill for them.

tenor.gif

I'm not sure you know me very well. Explain yourself. I'm a free market capitalist.

tenor.gif

I'm not sure you know me very well. Explain yourself. I'm a free market capitalist.

When its convenient... like healthcare.
And you are a gun grabber. The biggest statist of all. No natural right to self defense.

P

tenor.gif

Minimum wage.. maybe you dont know yourself very well

And you are a gun grabber. The biggest statist of all. No natural right to self defense.
I see no other answer in healthcare. Markets don't work in healthcare, there is no downward pressure on costs. Nobody calls around for pricing when in an ambulance. Nobody goes with the budget heart surgeon.

We are in need of stronger gun laws obviously. Countries with strong gun control have much better self defense, their homicide rates are a fraction of ours. They don't suffer from regular mass shootings, the police are neither shot or shooting people constantly. The numbers don't lie.

P

I don't push for minimum wage. I push for an end to non competes, that would help wages.

I see no other answer in healthcare. Markets don't work in healthcare, there is no downward pressure on costs. Nobody calls around for pricing when in an ambulance. Nobody goes with the budget heart surgeon.

We are in need of stronger gun laws obviously. Countries with strong gun control have much better self defense, their homicide rates are a fraction of ours. They don't suffer from regular mass shootings, the police are neither shot or shooting people constantly. The numbers don't lie.
Told ya :lol:

P

I don't push for minimum wage. I push for an end to non competes, that would help wages.
Dude, I just looked it up. Maybe your position changed but you have that very thing on this site.

I push for things that work. Healthcare in other countries is far cheaper, ours is stupidly expensive. Countries with strong gun control have much lower homicide rates and don't suffer all our mass shootings. I'd be less likely to be shot, which is a good thing for me. You prefer being more likely to be shot?

I push for things that work. Healthcare in other countries is far cheaper, ours is stupidly expensive. Countries with strong gun control have much lower homicide rates and don't suffer all our mass shootings. I'd be less likely to be shot, which is a good thing for me. You prefer being more likely to be shot?
The govt doesnt work. But you want to give them more power.
You are horribly inconsistent

P
Dude, I just looked it up. Maybe your position changed but you have that very thing on this site.
Without doing the things we should do it may be necessary. Everything is currently against workers. We have non competes, many companies with near monopolies, right to work laws, wage collusion.... I'd rather fix those things.

Forum List

Back