Why I'm a Liberal

I'm a Liberal because I believe men and women should be treated as equals.
So blacks are equal to you? They aren’t victims?
So, they can't be both because?
We’re talking about equal if they’re a victim how can they be equal you’re standing above them?
How am I standing above them? That seems to your perspective, not mine.
I find it hilarious and very racist to suggest that blacks as a group are all victims.

I know some that are and some that are not, just like white folk.

But that is how Leftists roll. They see a skin color, make judgements, and institute policy based on that skin color.

I'm a liberal mostly because of the cowardly way conservatives act. Still can't figure out why they like to be so frightened.
Any examples?
Fear is the prime motivating factor of republican voters. Not sure why you need examples. Fear of commies, gun grabbers, Muslims, BLM, atheists, gay people, immigrants etc. have all been used to sow division and foster authoritarianism. When someone tries to scare me I tell them to get lost, republicans send them money.

marxist led blm, and antifa, are literally killing people in the streets.

being "afraid" of people dying, when people are actually dying, is the rational response.

to be clear, in case you did not get it, that is a reference to your first point in your gish gallop, of "commies".

your whole list is thus shown to be us being right and you being wrong.

I'm a liberal mostly because of the cowardly way conservatives act. Still can't figure out why they like to be so frightened.
Any examples?
Fear is the prime motivating factor of republican voters. Not sure why you need examples. Fear of commies, gun grabbers, Muslims, BLM, atheists, gay people, immigrants etc. have all been used to sow division and foster authoritarianism. When someone tries to scare me I tell them to get lost, republicans send them money.
You mean like fear of the Orange Hitler, or fear of global warming as you send crying children to the UN to complain, or fear of the flu so you need to close down the entire world?

That kind of fear?

fear is the rational response to danger. taking steps to deal with the threat, is not "Being frightened" but being responsible.

i've had liberals make fun of me for being "afraid" of random murder in the streets.

if you can't figure out why we are "frightened" of random death in the streets, the problem is you, not us.
Frightened people are incapable of rational thought and are therefore easily misled. Your leaders know this and play you like a fiddle.

Good OP. Liberalism is about personal liberty, consent of the governed, and equality of the law. The challenge today is that Conservatism is opposed to personal liberty trying to legislate people into their beliefs. Additionally, equality of law is an idea to conservatives and not a practical matter. I would be surprised if many conservatives said they disagree with the OP in principle but they have no interest in the mechanics of delivering equality. It’s just a slogan.

except, that all of that is a lie.

liberals today are depriving people of personal liberty and any protection of the law, with their mob violence.
You get that the protests are for equal treatment under the law? The fact that some are bad actors is all you and conservatives see which marginalized the message and supports my point equality is theoretical to you... not practical.
So your burning down America for one guy? And the cop is in jail? Really?
Nuance is a lost art of conservatism. The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke.

Protest happen when systemic problems occur. No one protested Jeffery Dahmer because it was a bad guy doing a bad thing. People protest the killing and nearly acquittal of the police in the killing of Floyd. No video tape no charges for those officers. That’s what people freak out about. Not evil, but systemic inequality in our land of the free.

Good OP. Liberalism is about personal liberty, consent of the governed, and equality of the law. The challenge today is that Conservatism is opposed to personal liberty trying to legislate people into their beliefs. Additionally, equality of law is an idea to conservatives and not a practical matter. I would be surprised if many conservatives said they disagree with the OP in principle but they have no interest in the mechanics of delivering equality. It’s just a slogan.

liberals today are depriving people of personal liberty and any protection of the law, with their mob violence.
You get that the protests are for equal treatment under the law? The fact that some are bad actors is all you and conservatives see which marginalized the message and supports my point equality is theoretical to you... not practical.
Nuance is a lost art of conservatism. The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke.

Protest happen when systemic problems occur. No one protested Jeffery Dahmer because it was a bad guy doing a bad thing. People protest the killing and nearly acquittal of the police in the killing of Floyd. No video tape no charges for those officers. That’s what people freak out about. Not evil, but systemic inequality in our land of the free.
Again so burn down America for one guy? Your lucky this isn’t 1980 in these cities .. those urban white patriots would have destroyed you.

Any examples?
You mean like fear of the Orange Hitler, or fear of global warming as you send crying children to the UN to complain, or fear of the flu so you need to close down the entire world?

That kind of fear?
Nope, republican fear requires authoritarianism, blood and death to assuage. Liberal fear just needs people to wise up.

i get that that is their stated goal. i also get that their actions are as i stated.

i drove past a traffic jam caused by a several antifa punks blocking a bridge.

the people sitting in those cars, were being deprived of their freedom. the cops, ordered to protect the protestors, were choosing sides and depriving the citizens of the protection of the law. or "equality before it".

if you were correct about what liberalism was, the dem mayor of the city, would have ordered the police to clear that protest, immediately, to protect the rights of the citizens in the cars.
Again, there are bad actors and even documented cases of opposition sabotage from groups like the proud boys, while I’ll acquiesce to the fact most are protesters with inflamed emotions.

However, when that is all you see in the protests it is an obvious attempt to marginalize a worthy cause of justice. Protests don’t have demands and leaders in many cases. That’s what leaders should be responding to, developing actions with the support of a movement.

Again so burn down America for one guy? Your lucky this isn’t 1980 in these cities .. those urban white patriots would have destroyed you.

fear is the rational response to danger. taking steps to deal with the threat, is not "Being frightened" but being responsible.

i've had liberals make fun of me for being "afraid" of random murder in the streets.

if you can't figure out why we are "frightened" of random death in the streets, the problem is you, not us.
Frightened people are incapable of rational thought and are therefore easily misled. Your leaders know this and play you like a fiddle.

i think it is more rational to be afraid of random murder in the streets, than to NOT be afraid of it.

my leaders, are following me at this time. i was here, where i am at, before trump was. he is following me. he crafted his political platform in response to what i wanted.

you seem disconnected from reality.

I'm a tree hugging Liberal because trees are not just a resource for profit, they are part of our ecosystem and should be protected

I'm a Liberal because I believe the preamble to our Constitution begins with the words "We the People" (Not we the 1%, we the Fortune 500, we the white people, we the Christians etc.)

I'm a Liberal because I think poisoning our air, water, and earth with industrial pollution is wrong

I'm a Liberal because I believe it's wrong for white cops to kill unarmed black men for no good reason

I'm a Liberal because I believe everyone should be treated equally under the law (those who can afford expensive lawyers should not be treated better)

I'm a Liberal because I believe the people's right to protest should be protected

I'm a Liberal because I believe an educated citizenry will make America a better and more competitive nation in our digital age.

I'm also a 65 year old white Christian male. :bye1:

- many people today calling themselves “Liberal” believe the Constitution to be “racist” because if was written by white male Christian owning slaves.
- Unarmed Blacks killed by police is a rare occurrence. More whites are killed by police. In both cases, usually because suspect has threatened the life of police officer.
- Peoples’ right to protest does not include the right to rip drivers from their cars, loot stores, deface public and private property, assault people.

I am a 51 year-Old Christian Mediterranean man married to a Mexican with two Latino sons.
Those aren't liberals, those are indoctrinated zombies.
Liberals are generally very intelligent and you can have a conversation with them, they might even come around on a point or two if you provide decent proof. Watch out, one of the main tactics is to try and sophist ya. :eek:
90% of these people calling themselves "liberals" are Marxist authoritarian commies.
Real liberals are slightly rarer than white supremacists. I'll go as far as to say they're the rarest group in America today.

i get that that is their stated goal. i also get that their actions are as i stated.

i drove past a traffic jam caused by a several antifa punks blocking a bridge.

the people sitting in those cars, were being deprived of their freedom. the cops, ordered to protect the protestors, were choosing sides and depriving the citizens of the protection of the law. or "equality before it".

if you were correct about what liberalism was, the dem mayor of the city, would have ordered the police to clear that protest, immediately, to protect the rights of the citizens in the cars.
... while I’ll acquiesce to the fact most are protesters with inflamed emotions.

However, when that is all you see in the protests it is an obvious attempt to marginalize a worthy cause of justice. Protests don’t have demands and leaders in many cases. That’s what leaders should be responding to, developing actions with the support of a movement.

my point about the lack of equality before the law, is true, regardless of the worthiness or lack there of, of the cause.

if you were correct about what liberalism was, the dem mayor of this city, would be ordering the cops to protect the citizens from the protestors.

time and time again, we see that is not the case.

So you're ready to go to a gathering without a mask on, right, brave one?

i think it is more rational to be afraid of random murder in the streets, than to NOT be afraid of it.

my leaders, are following me at this time. i was here, where i am at, before trump was. he is following me. he crafted his political platform in response to what i wanted.

you seem disconnected from reality.
No one is getting randomly murdered on my street so I personally have nothing to fear. It seems you feel personally threatened by what people do hundreds of miles away. That's being disconnected from reality.

Any examples?

That kind of fear?
Nope, republican fear requires authoritarianism, blood and death to assuage. Liberal fear just needs people to wise up.
This scared democrat changed his tune ha

Not sure what your point is.

Any examples?

That kind of fear?

Yea that seems to be the issues with the left

The idea that women enjoy equal rights with men is total baloney. There is no concerted political effort by politicians to deny men their rights to choose their own religion, to enjoy physical sovereignty, and to make their own personal decisions, as there is directed at women. LGBTs are undergoing similar attacks on their rights.
It is perplexing that you "disliked" my first post responding to yours. It was agreeing with you.

Any examples?

That kind of fear?

Yea that seems to be the issues with the left

How people act when personally threatened has little to do with politics. How people act when politicians try to scare them is at the heart of every wedge issue in America.

I'm a tree hugging Liberal because trees are not just a resource for profit, they are part of our ecosystem and should be protected

I'm a Liberal because I believe the preamble to our Constitution begins with the words "We the People" (Not we the 1%, we the Fortune 500, we the white people, we the Christians etc.)

I'm a Liberal because I think poisoning our air, water, and earth with industrial pollution is wrong

I'm a Liberal because I believe it's wrong for white cops to kill unarmed black men for no good reason

I'm a Liberal because I believe everyone should be treated equally under the law (those who can afford expensive lawyers should not be treated better)

I'm a Liberal because I believe the people's right to protest should be protected

I'm a Liberal because I believe an educated citizenry will make America a better and more competitive nation in our digital age.

I'm also a 65 year old white Christian male. :bye1:

Ultimate "equality" is democide. In a free and individual rights focused civilization the highest mark of equality is an assumed equal footing at birth; a shared starting line—which can only be guaranteed from the moment of birth up to about five minutes thereafter. Any further enforcement of economic equality will result in mass murder of some segment of a given citizenry. In America the framework for equality is enshrined in the Bill of Rights, the rule of law, the social contract and the rest of the Constitution. But those sacred documents and concepts DO NOT guarantee by threat of violence that everyone will turn out equally, only that they'll begin life that way, and be given the same CHANCE for success based on personal merit as any other American.

In America, one can be born impoverished as hell and still rise up to become a millionaire or even billionaire. Success and well being in America are determined by personal responsibility and hard fucking work, not government intervention by force to even things out across the board. You will never have that in America—enforced or guaranteed success. If you did have it, millions would have to die or be oppressed to give it to you. Not happening. I am and always shall be paleoconservative. You should check us out and come on over from the dark side.

Forum List

Back