Why I'm a Liberal

I'm a tree hugging Liberal because trees are not just a resource for profit, they are part of our ecosystem and should be protected

trees are also a source of profit. and a way for people to build homes. and a way to make paper for books.

you showed how much you understand balance, by not even mentioning that.

I'm a Liberal because I believe the preamble to our Constitution begins with the words "We the People" (Not we the 1%, we the Fortune 500, we the white people, we the Christians etc.)

liberals today are the party of discrimination based on race and religion. it is also worth noting that they regularly make fun of poor people that don't support them, using slurs that would make sense to the worst robber barons.

I'm a Liberal because I think poisoning our air, water, and earth with industrial pollution is wrong

what about the products of industry? do you drive a car? do you use a computer? do you use electrical lights?

your lack of seriousness about these issues, does indicate you are a liberal.

I'm a Liberal because I believe it's wrong for white cops to kill unarmed black men for no good reason

except, generally there is a good reason. and you people pretend there was not. it is called, lying. and your race baiting is killing people today.

I'm a Liberal because I believe everyone should be treated equally under the law (those who can afford expensive lawyers should not be treated better)

funny, i've seen no evidence of this, when the rich people in question are good liberals.

I'm a Liberal because I believe the people's right to protest should be protected

when people are dying and buildings are burning it is not a protest. when federal government facilities are attacked and the local government orders the police to stand down, it is open insurrection. your dishonesty about this, is why you are a liberal.

I'm a Liberal because I believe an educated citizenry will make America a better and more competitive nation in our digital age.

except, everytime i talk to a liberal about competing, they tell me that we should just accept losing. indeed, liberals generally are offended at the idea of america winning.

I'm a Liberal because I believe men and women should be treated as equals.

yeah, no one is against that. save for liberals who want men to compete in women's sports.

I'm also a 65 year old white Christian male. :bye1:

and you seem to be living in a time period, significantly before the date of your birth. times change. stop lving in the past.

View attachment 370520

i am a liberal due to the bs the gop is now all about....alien dna....and demon sperm....but this is the doctor trump quotes over fauci
That is what makes you a person who will herald in oppression on others. And then yourself. You want royalty for leadership. The truth is many people in politics are just like the picture you posted. Only they take themselves so far more seriously. The constitution is not about strong government. It is not about powerful fiefdoms messing with and destroying other people. D.C. is a good old boys and girls club. Frankly, if I can not be in a fiefdom then what do I need them for? There are people in fiefdoms who look at forums and the net as their s to judge individuals with and mess with people. And they are of all political persuasions. They are owed payback.

So blacks are equal to you? They aren’t victims?
So, they can't be both because?
We’re talking about equal if they’re a victim how can they be equal you’re standing above them?
How am I standing above them? That seems to your perspective, not mine.
If they’re a victim and you’re not a victim. How can you be equal?

I'm a liberal mostly because of the cowardly way conservatives act. Still can't figure out why they like to be so frightened.

Good OP. Liberalism is about personal liberty, consent of the governed, and equality of the law. The challenge today is that Conservatism is opposed to personal liberty trying to legislate people into their beliefs. Additionally, equality of law is an idea to conservatives and not a practical matter. I would be surprised if many conservatives said they disagree with the OP in principle but they have no interest in the mechanics of delivering equality. It’s just a slogan.

We’re talking about equal if they’re a victim how can they be equal you’re standing above them?
I don't see what one has to do with the other and I don't see you explaining the concept. IMO, it's just another troll move on your part.

Good OP. Liberalism is about personal liberty, consent of the governed, and equality of the law. The challenge today is that Conservatism is opposed to personal liberty trying to legislate people into their beliefs. Additionally, equality of law is an idea to conservatives and not a practical matter. I would be surprised if many conservatives said they disagree with the OP in principle but they have no interest in the mechanics of delivering equality. It’s just a slogan.
So why do you have urban slave plantations?

I'm a liberal mostly because of the cowardly way conservatives act. Still can't figure out why they like to be so frightened.

fear is the rational response to danger. taking steps to deal with the threat, is not "Being frightened" but being responsible.

i've had liberals make fun of me for being "afraid" of random murder in the streets.

if you can't figure out why we are "frightened" of random death in the streets, the problem is you, not us.

I don't see what one has to do with the other and I don't see you explaining the concept. IMO, it's just another troll move on your part.
Let me see if you will answer a a question..

1 are you a victim?
2 are blacks victims?

except, that all of that is a lie.

liberals today are depriving people of personal liberty and any protection of the law, with their mob violence.

The idea that women enjoy equal rights with men is total baloney. There is no concerted political effort by politicians to deny men their rights to choose their own religion, to enjoy physical sovereignty, and to make their own personal decisions, as there is directed at women. LGBTs are undergoing similar attacks on their rights.
But women are actually the majority, not a tiny minority. How can "movements" get so caught up in minor details when the really big and important cause is not settled?

I don't understand what you would consider "minor details" or what a "really big and important cause" would be that would need to be "settled." Letting everyone go his or her own way and make their own personal choices without interference settles the whole thing. These are not appropriate issues for government/politicians, anyway,

liberals today are depriving people of personal liberty and any protection of the law, with their mob violence.
You get that the protests are for equal treatment under the law? The fact that some are bad actors is all you and conservatives see which marginalized the message and supports my point equality is theoretical to you... not practical.

You get that the protests are for equal treatment under the law? The fact that some are bad actors is all you and conservatives see which marginalized the message and supports my point equality is theoretical to you... not practical.
So your burning down America for one guy? And the cop is in jail? Really?

i get that that is their stated goal. i also get that their actions are as i stated.

i drove past a traffic jam caused by a several antifa punks blocking a bridge.

the people sitting in those cars, were being deprived of their freedom. the cops, ordered to protect the protestors, were choosing sides and depriving the citizens of the protection of the law. or "equality before it".

if you were correct about what liberalism was, the dem mayor of the city, would have ordered the police to clear that protest, immediately, to protect the rights of the citizens in the cars.

Any examples?
Fear is the prime motivating factor of republican voters. Not sure why you need examples. Fear of commies, gun grabbers, Muslims, BLM, atheists, gay people, immigrants etc. have all been used to sow division and foster authoritarianism. When someone tries to scare me I tell them to get lost, republicans send them money.

Forum List

Back